Baby Sleep Articles
Oh, the irony of the two words, babies and sleep! With so much misinformation, it's no wonder there are so many confused and exhausted parents. BellyBelly is here to help with plenty of fantastic articles on gentle and loving ways to help your baby sleep - and you too!
all 24 Baby Sleep Articles
Are you being seduced by the promises of secret tricks or methods that get your baby sleeping all night? You're likely being sold recycled info from 1913 or earlier! Read on and find out more.
The words 'baby sleep' and 'expert' will either make you cringe or bust open your wallet. In a growing market of baby sleep whisperers, here are 6 'experts' that are definitely worth following.
"Sleep when the baby sleeps!" is a common, frustrating piece of advice for new mothers. But what do mothers really do when the baby sleeps?
Do you know a sleep deprived new parent? Here are 13 wise things to say to a sleep deprived parent.
What would a cabinet maker know about babies and sleep? Something which I haven't forgotten 12 years on.
Know someone who has just had a baby? Here are 10 things NOT to say to sleep deprived parents.
Many parents and parents-to-be love the idea of having their baby sleep close to them but have some fears around bed-sharing. So, what some of the benefits of close infant-parent proximity? What are some of the dangers that can be associated with bed-sharing?
How much sleep does your baby need? As a new parent, you may be hoping for more than less! Find out how much sleep your baby needs.
Baby sleeping bags have become very popular baby items - but how do you choose the right baby sleeping bags? Sizes and togs explained!
Where will your baby sleep? There are plenty of options you can choose from! Here are 5 sleep options for your baby.
Curious as to why babies wake up so much and so often? It can be frustrating and tiring having a wakeful baby, especially when nothing seems to help. Here's an explanation on why babies wake frequently, from the world's leading expert on baby sleep.
Worried about rolling onto your baby while co-sleeping? Are you not co-sleeping due to safety concerns? World expert on co-sleeping, Professor James McKenna discusses issues around co-sleeping and rolling on a baby.
Finally baby has fallen asleep in your arms, so you want to put him down so you can go to the toilet or even feed yourself! But the second you put him down - wide awake! Why?! Read on...
Sleeping with baby - is it safe? If you are interested in sleeping with your baby or are worried about its safety, this is a must read article from the recognised world-leading authority on co-sleeping, Professor James McKenna.
Sleeping with your baby can be a beautiful, safe experience - SIDS is only more likely to occur if you sleep with your baby in an unsafe way.
Wondering what the 'proper' sleep arrangements should be for your baby? Should there be some noise or no noise? Door open or closed?' Read on as baby sleep researcher, Dr James McKenna, answers these questions and more.
Baby sleep is a booming industry, but here are no prerequisites for writing a baby sleep book. Here are BellyBelly's 6 top books for baby sleep.
Need baby sleep help?! Pinky McKay has 15 great tips to help your baby (and you) sleep better.
Are you wise to the Babywise book? Find out what you need to know before you start or continue the Babywise principles.
Controlled crying - is it really worth it? The very principle that makes controlled crying 'work' that is of greatest concern: when controlled crying 'succeeds' in teaching a baby to fall asleep alone, it is due to a process that neurobiologist Bruce Perry calls the 'defeat response'.
Need some ideas to help get your baby to sleep? These 15 great sleep tips are ideal for any baby an you can start using them now!
The Australian Association for Infant Mental Health's concerns about controlled crying. They believe that it is not consistent with optimal emotional and psychological health, and may have unintended negative consequences.
Judging by my email box and the conversations I share with parents and health professionals, infant sleep has become a veritable industry. An industry, it seems, that is driven by fear, particularly the fear that if we dare to respond to little night howls with too many cuddles or, heaven forbid, cuddles in parental beds, our babies may never learn to sleep alone.
Could you get more sleep by cosleeping with your baby? Read about the benefits of cosleeping.
- 10 Things Not To Say To Sleep Deprived Parents
- 11 Reasons Why Smacking Is Ineffective and Damaging
- 16 Things Pregnant Women Want Their Partners To Know
- 20 Things Your Toddler Is Trying To Say To You
- 36 Awesome Things About Being Pregnant
- 9 Sneaky Ways Formula Companies Try To Win You Over
- A Doctor Warns: This Activity May Have Damaging Effects On Your Baby’s Brain
- A Mother’s First Birth-day. WARNING! Tissues Essential
- Blocked Nose And Colds In Babies – Treatments For A Blocked Nose
- Childbirth Classes: 9 Reasons Why Private Classes Get Better Results
- Delayed Cord Clamping – Why You Should Demand It
- Induction of Labour – The Risks of Labour Induction
- Ovulation Pain – 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Ignore It | BellyBelly
- Placenta Encapsulation – Benefits of Placenta Encapsulation
- Pregnancy Calculator – Try BellyBelly’s Pregnancy Calculator
- Pregnancy Photography – 10 Great Reasons To Have Pregnancy Photography
- Pregnancy Symptoms – 16 Early Signs of Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Week By Week – Your Pregnancy Week By Week
- The 4th Trimester – 8 Ways To Create An Awesome One For Your Baby
- VBAC Sabotage – 9 Things That De-Rail Your VBAC Attempt
- Weaning: 6 Tips To Help Make The Right Decision
- What Stay At Home Parents Mean When We Say We Need a Break