Birth articles for the woman who wants to know more! BellyBelly has your birth questions covered. There is so much to know for such a short space of time, which may leave you overwhelmed and confused. Giving birth can be a more empowering, informed and enjoyable experience with the right information, leaving you feeling more confident, in control and able to make your own decisions and choices for birth.
1 - 25 of 83 Birth Articles
Before you give birth, you MUST see this clip about 'failure to progress.' While it may give you a giggle - it's also very serious.
Many mothers-to-be worry about the umbilical cord wrapping around their baby's neck. Here are 9 surprising facts about nuchal cords.
With the world's first womb transplant baby born to a Swedish mother, what can we expect to see in future? Will the procedure be available in other countries? Find out here.
Some pregnant women find it really difficult deciding if their mother should be present at the birth. Here are 7 things to consider before agreeing or disagreeing,
A mother will remember the birth of her child for the rest of her life. Here are 9 caring things to say to a mother who had a disappointing birth experience.
Recent research has shown that living in a greener neighbourhood during pregnancy can result in better birth outcomes. How? Read on to find out.
Vitamin K administration at birth is a topic that confuses many parents to be. Here's what you need to know about vitamin K at birth.
New research into doulas at birth has again shown that women who birth with a doula have significant benefits - a whopping 60-80% fewer caesareans.
Announcing a birth is such an exciting moment - but if it's not your birth, make sure you follow these 5 tips for good birth announcement etiquette.
If you want to avoid copping a slap, yell, bite or worse, you shouldn't say these 11 things to a woman in labour.
If you're having a caesarean but want a more mother-friendly experience, here are 12 things to ask your doctor for.
Homebirth myths: busted. Here are 10 myths about homebirth that you've no doubt heard.
Choosing a birth support team? If you will be asking untrained support people to your birth, you must read these 5 tips.
Don't cut the cord! 8 very important health reasons why you should tell your healthcare provider to slow down with the cord - for your baby's sake.
Labour pain: many pregnant women spend time learning about pain relief options - but here are 8 things to prevent if you want to minimise pain.
Pregnant women get bombarded with advice and comments - here are 7 things they REALLY don't want to hear.
Thinking about a VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean)? Make sure you read these big VBAC myths first.
Do you fear birth? Would you like to know some ways to reduce birth fear? Be sure to watch this great TED talk by world famous midwife, Ina May Gaskin.
Nipple stimulation is a natural way to help strengthen and encourage contractions. Find out what 7 steps you need to follow to do nipple stimulation.
Caesarean section poses risks to both the baby and the mother. While caesareans are certainly a life saving procedure for some mothers and babies, this article has been written for women who are interested in researching the risks involved with caesarean section for baby.
Braxton hicks contractions may be noticeable throughout your pregnancy - read about braxton hicks contractions here.
Caesarean section, like any major surgery, poses risks to both mother and baby. A medical condition may completely cancel out this risk and be the necessary thing to do. However in Australia (and other countries like the USA) there are a huge amount of unnecessary caesarean sections being performed, and the consequences often accepted as something that 'saved' the mother or baby. Before you choose or agree to caesarean section, here are some risks you need to know about.
Wanting to find out if you are in false labour or real labour? Find out some facts about false labour, as well as how to tell if labour is false or established and most important of all - why there really isn't such a thing as false labour.
Fast births are nothing to fear! Here are 6 helpful tips to keep in mind if you are worried about having a fast birth.
Birth doulas are worth their weight in gold. If you're thinking of hiring a birth doula, or if I need to convince you, here's 10 great reasons why you should have a birth doula at your birth.
- 10 Things Not To Say To Sleep Deprived Parents
- 11 Reasons Why Smacking Is Ineffective and Damaging
- 16 Things Pregnant Women Want Their Partners To Know
- 20 Things Your Toddler Is Trying To Say To You
- 36 Awesome Things About Being Pregnant
- 9 Sneaky Ways Formula Companies Try To Win You Over
- A Doctor Warns: This Activity May Have Damaging Effects On Your Baby’s Brain
- A Mother’s First Birth-day. WARNING! Tissues Essential
- Blocked Nose And Colds In Babies – Treatments For A Blocked Nose
- Childbirth Classes: 9 Reasons Why Private Classes Get Better Results
- Delayed Cord Clamping – Why You Should Demand It
- Induction of Labour – The Risks of Labour Induction
- Ovulation Pain – 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Ignore It | BellyBelly
- Placenta Encapsulation – Benefits of Placenta Encapsulation
- Pregnancy Calculator – Try BellyBelly’s Pregnancy Calculator
- Pregnancy Photography – 10 Great Reasons To Have Pregnancy Photography
- Pregnancy Symptoms – 16 Early Signs of Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Week By Week – Your Pregnancy Week By Week
- The 4th Trimester – 8 Ways To Create An Awesome One For Your Baby
- VBAC Sabotage – 9 Things That De-Rail Your VBAC Attempt
- Weaning: 6 Tips To Help Make The Right Decision
- What Stay At Home Parents Mean When We Say We Need a Break