Breastfeeding may be the natural, healthy way to feed a baby, but it doesn't mean that breastfeeding is easy. Many women seek information on how to breastfeed, however due to a mix of cultural, social and economic factors, the percentage of women in Australia who breastfeed exclusively at 6 months is a low 14% according to recent research. To help you to have an empowered and informed breastfeeding journey, here is a collection of breastfeeding articles, many of which include contributions by International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC's - the gold standard of lactation care) and more. BellyBelly is the Thinking Woman's Website for Conception, Pregnancy, Birth and Baby.
1 - 25 of 63 Breastfeeding Articles
It's important for breastfeeding mothers to eat healthy and nutritious snacks to help support their supply. Here are 8 great suggestions if you're breastfeeding.
If you feel like you're making too much milk or have a breastmilk oversupply, here are a list of symptoms and 8 fantastic tips to help regulate your supply.
Have questions about breastfeeding after finding out you're pregnant? Wondering if anything will change or if you need to wean? Find out here.
After some positive breastfeeding books for your toddler or child? Look no further - here are 6 fantastic books on breastfeeding for little ones.
Breastfeeding through the night can be exhausting, but know there are 8 very important reasons for breastfeeding overnight. Find out what they are here.
Breastfeeding twins or more? Here are 10 great tips that will help mothers of multiples find their groove feeding two or more babies.
Think you have low milk supply? A MUST READ if you're new to breastfeeding! Here are 7 incorrect assumptions that new mothers often make.
Due to modern indoor lifestyles and the regular use of sunscreen, vitamin D deficiency is very common - which can also affect our babies. Find out what you can do to avoid a vitamin D deficiency in your breastfed baby.
If you have large breasts and plan to breastfeed, here are 7 handy tips to help make your breastfeeding journey more comfortable.
Research has shown that fathers can play a huge role in the prevention of common lactation difficulties. Here are 7 important tips to help support a breastfeeding mother.
Should you toughen up your nipples? Express milk before the birth? What if you've had surgery? Here are some answers to common breastfeeding questions.
Would you wear breastfeeding jewellery to commemorate your breastfeeding journey? Find out about the new and unique trend of breastmilk jewellery.
Does your baby have slow/low weight gain? Is he fussy or pulls off the breast often? Here are 5 helpful tips to help your baby get more breastmilk.
If you want to increase your breastmilk supply with the foods you eat, here are 11 foods that can boost your supply.
Using a nipple shield and want to know how to stop using it? Here are 6 helpful tips to quit using a nipple shield.
Starting to resent breastfeeding your toddler? Boundaries could be the problem. Here's why it's okay to say 'no' to your toddler.
Breastfeeding mothers are no stranger to insensitive comments. Here are 15 things breastfeeding mothers don't want to hear.
Are you contemplating weaning your baby or toddler? Here are 6 tips to consider before you do.
If you know or come across a breastfeeding mother, here are 12 wonderful and helpful things to say.
Inspirational stories of relactation - how 3 amazing mammas did it, step by step. Please share with other mammas - you just might help to heal someone's heart.
Do you think that breastfeeding mothers are exhibitionists? Does seeing women breastfeeding ruin your day/lunch/coffee/other? If so, then you really need to see this.
Breastfeeding tips that are a MUST read for every mother or mother-to-be. Check out our 10 best breastfeeding tips.
Lactation consultants do much more than teach women how to breastfeed. Find out what a lactation consultant can do for you.
Weaning can be a very sad time - especially if your last baby is weaning. Post weaning depression can occur due to hormones shifting and changing, but because no real public awareness exists, mothers often suffer in silence.
Nipple thrush can make breastfeeding almost unbearable for the breastfeeding mother. Not only is it painful, but nipple thrush can be transmitted between the nipple and baby's mouth. Here's some natural and effective treatments and preventatives for fighting nipple thrush.
- 10 Things Not To Say To Sleep Deprived Parents
- 11 Reasons Why Smacking Is Ineffective and Damaging
- 16 Things Pregnant Women Want Their Partners To Know
- 20 Things Your Toddler Is Trying To Say To You
- 36 Awesome Things About Being Pregnant
- 9 Sneaky Ways Formula Companies Try To Win You Over
- A Doctor Warns: This Activity May Have Damaging Effects On Your Baby’s Brain
- A Mother’s First Birth-day. WARNING! Tissues Essential
- Blocked Nose And Colds In Babies – Treatments For A Blocked Nose
- Childbirth Classes: 9 Reasons Why Private Classes Get Better Results
- Delayed Cord Clamping – Why You Should Demand It
- Induction of Labour – The Risks of Labour Induction
- Ovulation Pain – 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Ignore It | BellyBelly
- Placenta Encapsulation – Benefits of Placenta Encapsulation
- Pregnancy Calculator – Try BellyBelly’s Pregnancy Calculator
- Pregnancy Photography – 10 Great Reasons To Have Pregnancy Photography
- Pregnancy Symptoms – 16 Early Signs of Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Week By Week – Your Pregnancy Week By Week
- The 4th Trimester – 8 Ways To Create An Awesome One For Your Baby
- VBAC Sabotage – 9 Things That De-Rail Your VBAC Attempt
- Weaning: 6 Tips To Help Make The Right Decision
- What Stay At Home Parents Mean When We Say We Need a Break