Just as every baby is different, so is every child! BellyBelly has a collection of helpful articles for your child, designed to give you a range of options to try with your own, unique child. You'll also find many useful and practical articles written by BellyBelly's 'Gentle' Parenting Expert, Pinky McKay.
|Pregnancy Week (Select):|
1 - 25 of 55 Child Articles
Lying is bad, you shouldn't lie. Well, that's what we tell our kids anyway. Here are 25 of the biggest lies parents tell their kids... a humourous article for parents who really need a laugh.
Explaining a death to a child can be very difficult. Here's some advice on what to say, and what not to say, to a child about death.
Chores - many of us loathe them, but research shows that by starting children on chores while they are young, they can reap many benefits. Here are 6 impressive benefits to doing chores.
Sensory processing disorder (as well as sensory processing) is often misunderstood. Here's a fantastic article to help you understand sensory processing and SPD.
In response to Dr Carr-Gregg's comments that Aussie parents are doing a crappy job.
Been bitten by the Frozen bug? These two dads who are enduring the dreaded Frozen epidemic have taken a stand... see what they have to say.
Could your child be academically gifted? Here are 5 common signs of gifted children.
Bullying: no parent likes to hear that their child is being picked on. If your child is being bullied, here are 5 tips to help your child.
Anxiety in children: if you suspect that your child may be suffering from anxiety, check out these 7 signs.
Do you have a high energy child? Here are 6 tips to help parents of high energy children.
If you're a single parent, here are 7 great tips to help make single parenting easier and more effective.
Do you have a child in school? Here are 6 things teachers wish they could say to parents about their children.
Studies show that children are most successful in school when there is support from home. Here are 5 great ways you can help your child.
Night terrors - what causes them and what should you do if your child has them? Find out here.
If you're wondering if big age gaps between your children are for you, here are 10 reasons why big age gaps can be beneficial.
Most parents are familiar with the behavioural effects of sugar and red cordial on their children, however these 10 common foods can also cause problems.
Information on chicken pox, including symptoms, 13 foods that aid chicken pox recovery, 7 ways to ease the itch and when to urgently call the doctor.
Self-esteem is your child’s best defence against challenges and setbacks they will face as they grow up. Here are 10 ways to build your child's self esteem.
Warning: these images of a child's skull with teeth are not for the faint-hearted! See how a child's teeth come down through the skull.
Do you smack (or spank) your children? Here are 11 reasons why smacking children (or anyone for that matter) is damaging and ineffective.
Would your kids survive going without television, computer and ipod screens? I took all three away for a week - find out what happened!
This is the talk parents MUST have with their kids about porn. We're living in an unprecedented era - and the damage has begun.
If you have a daughter (or even if you are one) then watching this will probably make you angry. But it's something you really need to see to truly believe.
What are three words that you should NEVER say to your son? You may be surprised how harmful these three words can be...
Mothers - do you have a son? Then you must read these amazing 5 guidelines for mothers of sons. Find out how YOU can bring out the very best in your son.
Recent Child Articles
- 25 BIGGEST Lies Parents Tell Their Children
- Explaining Death To A Child – 3 Helpful Tips
- 6 BIG Ways Your Children Benefit from Having Chores
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) – What Is It?
- An Open Letter To Dr Carr-Gregg – Aussie Parents Are Not ‘Crap’
- Frozen Parody – Dad’s Response To The Frozen Movie
- 7 Signs Your Child Might Be Academically Gifted
- Bullying: Is Your Child Is Being Bullied? 5 Tips To Help
- 7 Signs That Your Child May Have An Anxiety Disorder
- The High Energy Child – 6 Helpful Tips For Parents
- 7 Tips To Make Single Parenting Easier and More Effective
- 6 Things Teachers Wish Parents Knew
- 5 Ways To Get The Best Out Of Your Child’s Teacher
- Night Terrors In Toddlers and Children
- Age Gaps Between Children: 10 Reasons Why Big Gaps Rock
- 10 Surprising Foods That Can Affect Your Child’s Behaviour
- Chicken Pox – Symptoms, Risks and 13 Foods To Aid Recovery
- 10 Effective Ways to Build Your Child’s Self Esteem
- Child’s Skull With Teeth – Creepy But Fascinating Images!
- 11 Reasons Why Smacking Is Ineffective and Damaging
Can't find what you're looking for? Perhaps try one of these categories:
- Baby (112)
- Baby Sleep (23)
- Birth (81)
- Birth Stories (6)
- Breastfeeding (58)
- Conception (50)
- For Doulas (5)
- Grandparents (4)
- Health & Lifestyle (21)
- Men (18)
- Miscellaneous (2)
- Post Natal (41)
- Pregnancy (128)
- Pregnancy Week by Week (36)
- Product Reviews (5)
- Recipes & Cooking (41)
- Relationships & Relationship Advice (12)
- Star Signs For Baby - Your Baby's Star Sign (13)
- Toddler (32)
- Two Week Wait Diaries (9)