Just as every baby is different, so is every child! BellyBelly has a collection of helpful articles for your child, designed to give you a range of options to try with your own, unique child. You'll also find many useful and practical articles written by BellyBelly's 'Gentle' Parenting Expert, Pinky McKay.
1 - 25 of 57 Child Articles
Would you be horrified at the idea of your children missing a year of school? I think it's one of the best things I will ever do for my kids. Find out why.
Lying is bad, you shouldn't lie. Well, that's what we tell our kids anyway. Here are 25 of the biggest lies parents tell their kids... a humourous article for parents who really need a laugh.
Wondering if it's time to buy your daughter her first bra? Here are 6 helpful tips - as well as some things to avoid that may embarrass your daughter.
Explaining a death to a child can be very difficult. Here's some advice on what to say, and what not to say, to a child about death.
Chores - many of us loathe them, but research shows that by starting children on chores while they are young, they can reap many benefits. Here are 6 impressive benefits to doing chores.
Sensory processing disorder (as well as sensory processing) is often misunderstood. Here's a fantastic article to help you understand sensory processing and SPD.
In response to Dr Carr-Gregg's comments that Aussie parents are doing a crappy job.
Been bitten by the Frozen bug? These two dads who are enduring the dreaded Frozen epidemic have taken a stand... see what they have to say.
Could your child be academically gifted? Here are 5 common signs of gifted children.
Bullying: no parent likes to hear that their child is being picked on. If your child is being bullied, here are 5 tips to help your child.
Anxiety in children: if you suspect that your child may be suffering from anxiety, check out these 7 signs.
Do you have a high energy child? Here are 6 tips to help parents of high energy children.
If you're a single parent, here are 7 great tips to help make single parenting easier and more effective.
Do you have a child in school? Here are 6 things teachers wish they could say to parents about their children.
Studies show that children are most successful in school when there is support from home. Here are 5 great ways you can help your child.
Night terrors - what causes them and what should you do if your child has them? Find out here.
If you're wondering if big age gaps between your children are for you, here are 10 reasons why big age gaps can be beneficial.
Most parents are familiar with the behavioural effects of sugar and red cordial on their children, however these 10 common foods can also cause problems.
Information on chicken pox, including symptoms, 13 foods that aid chicken pox recovery, 7 ways to ease the itch and when to urgently call the doctor.
Self-esteem is your child’s best defence against challenges and setbacks they will face as they grow up. Here are 10 ways to build your child's self esteem.
Warning: these images of a child's skull with teeth are not for the faint-hearted! See how a child's teeth come down through the skull.
Do you smack (or spank) your children? Here are 11 reasons why smacking children (or anyone for that matter) is damaging and ineffective.
Would your kids survive going without television, computer and ipod screens? I took all three away for a week - find out what happened!
This is the talk parents MUST have with their kids about porn. We're living in an unprecedented era - and the damage has begun.
If you have a daughter (or even if you are one) then watching this will probably make you angry. But it's something you really need to see to truly believe.
- 10 Things Not To Say To Sleep Deprived Parents
- 11 Reasons Why Smacking Is Ineffective and Damaging
- 16 Things Pregnant Women Want Their Partners To Know
- 20 Things Your Toddler Is Trying To Say To You
- 36 Awesome Things About Being Pregnant
- 9 Sneaky Ways Formula Companies Try To Win You Over
- A Doctor Warns: This Activity May Have Damaging Effects On Your Baby’s Brain
- A Mother’s First Birth-day. WARNING! Tissues Essential
- Blocked Nose And Colds In Babies – Treatments For A Blocked Nose
- Childbirth Classes: 9 Reasons Why Private Classes Get Better Results
- Delayed Cord Clamping – Why You Should Demand It
- Induction of Labour – The Risks of Labour Induction
- Ovulation Pain – 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Ignore It | BellyBelly
- Placenta Encapsulation – Benefits of Placenta Encapsulation
- Pregnancy Calculator – Try BellyBelly’s Pregnancy Calculator
- Pregnancy Photography – 10 Great Reasons To Have Pregnancy Photography
- Pregnancy Symptoms – 16 Early Signs of Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Week By Week – Your Pregnancy Week By Week
- The 4th Trimester – 8 Ways To Create An Awesome One For Your Baby
- Thrush Treatment – Get Rid of Thrush For Good (Yes, It’s True!)
- VBAC Sabotage – 9 Things That De-Rail Your VBAC Attempt
- Weaning: 6 Tips To Help Make The Right Decision
- What Stay At Home Parents Mean When We Say We Need a Break