Question: For Landlords and Renters around inspection reports
I am looking at starting my own business and was hoping to tap into your knowledge and experiences of the residential rental market – from a renter and landlord point of view.
Please copy and paste the below questions into your reply.
1) Do you rent privately or through a real estate agent?
2) On your first day of tenancy, were you provided with a detailed inspection report of the property outlining the condition of the property?
3) Does the report outline the condition of each room, detailing any issues, ie cracked window, peeling pain on sealing>
3) How often is the property inspection conducted of the property?
4) Was the inspection report thorough, outlining the condition of each room, and were you provided a copy of the report for your records?
5) On exiting the property was a detailed inspection report conducted, comparing the current condition of the property to when you moved in.
6) Have you ever been involved in a dispute over the condition of a property.
7) Do you think a detailed inspection report should be conducted and provided to the tenant to prevent disputes?
1) Is your property privately managed or rented through a real estate agent
2) Were you provided with a condition report of the property, outlining the condition of each room, when the tenants moved in?
3) If renting through an agent, does the agent provided a detailed inspection report?
4) How often does the rental agent conduct an inspection of the property?
5) What communication do you receive updating you on the condition of the property?
6) Have you ever been involved in a dispute with a tenant over the condition of the property?
7) Did you have a detailed inspection report from when the tenant moved in and exited the property to support your claim?
Thank you so much for your time and comments.