Thread: Best mop for hardwood polished floors?

Question Best mop for hardwood polished floors?

What is the best mop for hardwood polished floors? (normal mop, sponge, or the ones similar to Enjo, etc)
    And the best floor cleaner?

I prefer to be as natural as possible, so something that's nice on the environment too.

Thanks x

ive got one of those vielda ones with the blue and white strips and i use the earth choice floor cleaner, dose a prety good job when i get a chance and the energy to actualy mop the floors! (dont it twice since we moved in in sept ) have been meaning to do it again for the past month now....

That's what I used on our lino floors, I just wasn't sure if I should be doing anything special on the wood floors. Thanks!

i did use a cleaner specificaly for timber floors, but was fairly exy, and had a realy strong smell, the earth choice has a bit were it says good for timber floors and i recon it dose a better job to.

Thanks x

There's a bottle of pledge in the cupboard, so I tried that (may as well use it up) with my Coates enjo style mop but it left the floor dull and streaky. Any tips to stop that?

You could try Vinegar with some eucalyptus oil, dishwash detergent or the Pledge Wood Magic - I use the Decor speed mop (or called something to that effect) - it has a microfibre side to it.

We have jarrah floorboards, and I was reading the other day that for them you should use a broom wrapped in stocking or pantihose. Then use a mix of 1 cup vinegar, 2 cups tea made up in a bucket of water. Then dry as you go. Now, I haven't tried the broom trick because I just use old towels but the tea/vinegar mix works great on ours!

Thanks Lee! And that doesn't leave your floors streaky or dull?

Thanks Boo Boo, tried pledge but it left the floors streaky and dull.

So I might try drying as I go then and see if that works?

Well, amazingly it hasn't seem to leave ours streaky..but I do think the drying as you go helps with that (I dry them by using a towel under my feet and swivelling!! ). But we got our floors finished in a satin so ours are a bit more forgiving with streaks compared to like a high gloss.

Thanks for that, will try drying it as I go lol

we just use an H2O steam mop and nothing else..ever. The floors have been down 6 years and never have streaks or anything like that and the best part is no chemicals.....

I want to get one of those mops!!! Are they really good? Heaps easier than a normal mop hey?

I love the look of steam mops too! Except we were told to never use them on our boards because it forces too much moisture into them, but I can't see how that could be worse than normal mopping?

apparently they are only bad for laminate type flooring...if you have solid hardwood with a good two pack finish steam mopping is fine.....love ours to bits and pieces, uses bugger all water and dries within five minutes!

Melbel is right. Just find a steam mop with a thick pad. The more frequent you change it the cleaner and drier your floors will be. For laminate wood and tile floors. Wouldn't recommend a steam cleaner for bamboo flooring with no seal. General rule of thumb, if it's sealed it's fine as long as it doesn't put too much moisture onto the surface. I'm a sales person for a company selling steam Mops and cleaning products. If you have any issues or questions my inbox is open. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, thank you

I might have to invest in one