Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vuly or Springfree trampoline?

Default Vuly or Springfree trampoline?

Just wondered if anyone else was trampoline shopping this year. We had decided we need a new tramp as I'm sick of getting replacement mats and nets for our current one. All set to buy a Springfree one and then we found out about vuly trampolines - now we don't know which way to go!

Our kids love the tramp and spend hours practicing for gymnastics on it so we want to make sure we get the right one. Anyone have either of these? Pros and cons?

We have a springfree (though it is still in its box as we have to finish landscaping first!). We decided on springfree on the advice of other mums and dads who've had them. I also like the flexible poles ( I believe vuly have fixed poles) and they do "look" nice too. We got a large oval one

Vuly have their new thunder which is more like the spring free.

We're once again umming and ahhing over getting a trampoline, I can never make my mind up but if we do we'll most likely be going with the vuly thunder.

We've been tossing up a trampoline for a few Christmases now. I think we'll be going with a vuly - we just can't justify the larger price tag on a spring free. If your kids are going to be using it extensivelyfor gymnastics, maybe the spring free one would suit you guys.

Edit: I've just read a choice review on trampolines. Spring free was the only one they would "recommend", saying that all the others failed a safety test. On closer review, the safety test was an impact test - after dropping the trampoline 20 times, every other tramp showed permanent damage somewhere, the spring free did not. So, I'm pretty sure I don't plan of dropping my trampoline once, let alone 20 times. And if it gets whipped up in a wind storm and dropped, I will be sure to claim a new one on insurance.

Anyway - the vuly compared well, impact tests aside. I actually think it compared better - 150kg max load versus 75 for the equivalent spring free model. I'm 75kg - if I got on, my kids couldn't, on the spring free. DH never could, not even on his own! And the price - the spring free was twice the vuly.

Also the vuly was rated as having the most exciting bounce characteristics out of them all. And easiest to assemble.

We love our Vuly Haven't had it for very long but it gets quite a workout! As OP mentioned, the weight is 150kg so I can get on with both kids. We have the anchor kit so it's not going to get blown over in high winds.

We have a Springfree, but we've had it for about four years, so I'm not sure if Vuly was around then. The flexible poles are great and we got the biggest one so have had no issues with DP and both kids being on it at once. The recommendation on weight partly goes to the fact they also only recommend one person at a time on the tramp and we all know that's never a reality!

We had a tree collapse on ours about 18 mths ago and it snapped a couple of the (fibreglass) poles, but the tramp itself was completely unharmed. Even the net escaped damage (which is more than I can say for our fence and electricity lines, so it was a significant tree!). The poles were $35 each to replace and no need to touch our insurance. We had ours installed - we got a deal when we bought it so installation was free. It looked like an absolute PITA to put up if we'd done it ourselves!

We completely expect this tramp to last all of our kids throughout their childhood, so I'm very glad we spent the extra $$. Bouncing off the sides is one of the girls' favourite things to do. We also bought the biggest - may as well last them until they're too old to want to get on anymore. We've had an 18 year old gymnast use it with ease to demonstrate.

Anchor kit. Note to self - buy anchor kit.

Thanks for the info guys. Apparently the new vuly thunder only has a 12 month guarantee and the Springfree has 2 years. I checked them both out and to me the netting on the vuly doesn't appear as strong. I don't want to spend that much on the trampoline to only have to buy a new net in a years time. Not sure what the cost would be for that to, as I was told the net and the mat are all one piece?

I'm not too worries about the cost at this point as I am happy to pay a bit more to get something that will last - with five kids it's probably the one toy/thing that they will all use everyday

You can extend your warranty to 3 years for $249 on the vuly thunder.

I don't know about the Vuly Thunder but the regular Vuly has seperate net and mat. You also get half price parts for the life of the trampoline.

Smile Springfree Trampoline

We have a Springfree tramp. It's been the best backyard purchase we've made for our kids and I can fully see why it's the only trampoline brand Choice recommends. Ocean Princess, you'll find the small round Springfree one (8ft) is actually cheaper than the Vuly Thunder in the same size and the bounce is awesome. We love it!

Santa delivered us a springfree last year for Christmas and it is brilliant!!!!!!!!! Lots of people near us have them and they age well, one around the corner from us is 9 years old and still looks brand new. Worth the $ if you can afford it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Mum View Post
    ....Ocean Princess, you'll find the small round Springfree one (8ft) is actually cheaper than the Vuly Thunder in the same size and the bounce is awesome. We love it!
    Be that as it may, we aren't looking at the Thunder, but the regular Vuly. Also my DH would not be allowed on the 8ft spring free - from memory its load rating is only 75kg. Where's the fun in that???

We got a Vuly last Christmas - the kids love it and 12 months on still play in it daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorka View Post
    Just wondered if anyone else was trampoline shopping this year. We had decided we need a new tramp as I'm sick of getting replacement mats and nets for our current one. All set to buy a Springfree one and then we found out about vuly trampolines - now we don't know which way to go!

Our kids love the tramp and spend hours practicing for gymnastics on it so we want to make sure we get the right one. Anyone have either of these? Pros and cons?

Default Springfree Trampoline Special deal

Did you guys hear that if you get a Springfree Trampoline this weekend, there's a free $199 basketball hoop thrown in? Those hoops look like such fun in the photos.

Really? We decided on Springfree and I was going to buy it today? Do you know if that's all sizes? And does it have to be bought direct from Springfree?

Yup, that is a really good offer. We got free delivery a few weeks back (worth $70) so this is a better bonus. Springfree are never on sale but they do have bonuses occasionally. I believe it is on all sizes and only for this weekend. You can only order springfree through springfree (if that makes sense!).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast