Thread: Bicornuate uterus or heart-shaped uterus

mel_cur is offline BellyBelly Member

Default Bicornuate uterus or heart-shaped uterus

HI all

I was hoping someone might also have a heart-shaped uterus and had their baby via vag birth? I have read that it is very unlikely that people with this condition have their babies via vag birth due the baby being breech from very early on and running out of room to move around.

With DD I think she was breech from about 28weeks (born @ 35weeks with footling breech/cord prolapse emergency c-section) and it didn't change. My OBGY also said that he can't spin the baby around due to the fact it would rupture my uterus/heart the baby.

Hope there is someone who can help me!

Thanks
    Mel
    Me 34 Him 33
    DD 7/11/08 DS 13/08/11

'Whether by choice or by circumstances, a bottle feeding mother is no less a mother then a tree is less a tree with one leaf missing'
    The Love of a Mother reaches much further.

Catastrophic is offline BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Me :-D
    Both my DDs have been born Full term, with all ten fingers and toes, and absolutly perfect :-D Both were 'breech' at some point during pregnancy, but did turn.
    Love Cat xo

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage.

mel_cur is offline BellyBelly Member

ooohhhhhhh thanks! There is hope!
    Me 34 Him 33
    DD 7/11/08 DS 13/08/11

'Whether by choice or by circumstances, a bottle feeding mother is no less a mother then a tree is less a tree with one leaf missing'
    The Love of a Mother reaches much further.

*Beema* is offline It is my belief.. that the truth is generally preferable, AD

I have a subseptate uterus, which is a heart shape uterus, with the septum that divides it in half.

My first pregnancy I PPROM''d at 33 weeks and delivered DD1 just over 2 hours after rupture, VB no drugs (birth story in my sig), but I had polyhydromnios (too much amniotic fluid, which was probably the cause of the rupture but it allowed DD to spin, she was a posterior birth but all good

We encountered lots of issues with DD2, I had low amniotic fluid (who would have thought I could have the complete opposite!) and a raft of complications, DD2 was breech at all bar one appointment, and I tried everything to get her to spin and stay head down but it didn't work. My OB attempted an ECV at 28 weeks (extremely rare to do it so early) and I doubt that many OB's would make the attempt, but it was our only oportunity as it was when my waters were at their peak and we weren't sure if I was even going to make it to 30 weeks so she gave it a shot. She made two attempts, DD2 turned and then went straight back, she wasn't at all interested in turning and staying turned. I was already being medicated for contractions and from that point ended up on bed rest until delivery.

She was supportive of breech delivery if my waters broke or we had to progress the delivery, but it didn't end up happeneing, in the end I had a CS (birth story also in my sig )

But you can have a VB, perhaps look into Breech delivery and see that is an option for you, and I would just look on Spinning Babies as there are a few (not all) things that you can do now to try and get the baby to turn

All the best
    ME(33) DH(32)
    ♥ DD1 33 weeker ~ A Drug Free VB Story
    ♥ DD2 35 weeker ~ An Empowered C-S Birth Story ♥ DD2's Twin Firefly 9.3.10
    ♥ Honoured to be announcing the arrival of Nickers *☆ snowflake ☆*