Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Kazbah is offline The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. Be brave. Live.
    Add Kazbah on Facebook Follow Kazbah On Twitter

poor Summah ...

Lol @ Ari!

Yeah. If you ever actually want to encourage your DH to not use cheap or J&J products, give him a baby wipe to clean the LCD or plasma TV

He: 51 Me: 42 Pip April '07 Quoll Dec '10
    Furbabies galore: Puppies 6 & 8 years, Kittens 15&16

We fed for 6 wonderful months ...

Jules84 is offline BellyBelly Member

Kaz - Far out, I didn't know that won't be touching J&J products again!

PP - Gaia was the other moisturiser I tried actually! I just didn't use it for long, I was using the J&J first....big mistake obviously!! pawpaw ointment is awesome, my poppa (who's no longer with us) use to say "you can't put it near your bum or it'd heal that up too" hahaha. I use pawpaw ointment when I have Jacob in cloth, and always have a tube handy in my bag - I love it! Bummer on the weather....hope it's short lived! I LOVE gummy smiles, I do miss them!

Georgi - Good luck with the unswaddling...we're not quite ready for that here yet. Hope he stops being such a stuntman! You definately make BLS sound very appealing! Worth a shot i think!! Awesome news on the paternity leave!

MadB - A sounds so clever!! You might have a little inventor on your hands! I just love the things he comes out with, you must get such a laugh out of him. Hope M slept well for you seen as you were already missing the ABA meeting!

Crumpet - Ahhh so Summah did get sick? Bit like Jacob, he was whinging too and then finally came down with this rotten cold Hope she's sleeping better than Jacob, our days and nights are totally rotten, I'm exhausted. Last night he woke up from his blocked nose every twenty minutes!! I bought a vaporiser for mums house today, cause I left mine at home. for tonight. They are such a handful when they aren't well. Hope Summah feels better really soon.

Hope everyone else is doing well and had a great Monday. xox
    Last edited by onthefly; April 10th, 2014 at 05:47 PM.

Charlotte91 is offline BellyBelly Member

Hey guys, everything been going well with us. No news on the house yet as DP is looking into other banks to get a loan through, rather than just Commonwealth.

Will update properly tomorrow, but just wanted to let you guys know that Hannah's story is now on the Miracle Babies Foundation website.

Hannah - Miracle Babies

Here's the link!

http://www.miraclebabies.org.au/prem...-weeks/hannah/
    6/8/11 ....
    Colby: July 2012. My VBAC, Boob-loving Chub Chub.

Kazbah is offline The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. Be brave. Live.

Wow Charlotte, I had read your posts on here about Hannah, and seen the photos, but never realised the pregnancy side of your story. *hug*

I must say that in the past couple of weeks I've a new appreciation for Ronald McDonald House.

Charlotte91 is offline BellyBelly Member

Looks like a cold might be heading our way. Hannah is FERAL!!!! Full on screaming, thrashing around. Wants to be held. Slightly snotty nose.
    Hahaha, to think that only last night I was begging DP to make another baby!! He said no, not yet. lol.

Off to Melbourne on Thursday, as Hannah has another audiology appt on Friday afternoon to re-check her hearing. Her left ear had 50% hearing loss, so they want to see if its improved or not. If not, she'll need a grommet put in.

Not into solids at all lately, could be because she's getting sick. She just cries if I put the spoon near her mouth. But, she LOVES biscuits. She eats a good 70% of it, so if she just wants a bikkie, then thats fine. She's still drinking her bottles.

Hmmm, Jules..... Last time Jacob got sick, Hannah got sick too.... Maybe they've been seeing each other behind our backs!! lol.

http://www.miraclebabies.org.au/prem...-weeks/hannah/
    6/8/11 ....
    Colby: July 2012. My VBAC, Boob-loving Chub Chub.

crumpet is offline BellyBelly Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jules84 View Post
    Crumpet - Ahhh so Summah did get sick? Bit like Jacob, he was whinging too and then finally came down with this rotten cold Hope she's sleeping better than Jacob, our days and nights are totally rotten, I'm exhausted. Last night he woke up from his blocked nose every twenty minutes!! I bought a vaporiser for mums house today, cause I left mine at home. for tonight. They are such a handful when they aren't well. Hope Summah feels better really soon.
    sleeping is ok at night, during the day is a bit iffy but still id rather that then her up at night!
    oh god 20 mins? thats just hell! worse than a newborn!
    hope he is feeling better today!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazbah View Post
    Yeah. If you ever actually want to encourage your DH to not use cheap or J&J products, give him a baby wipe to clean the LCD or plasma TV
    what happens?? not that i plan on doing, although sometimes i would consider it

Quote Originally Posted by charlotte91 View Post
    Hey guys, everything been going well with us. No news on the house yet as DP is looking into other banks to get a loan through, rather than just Commonwealth.

Will update properly tomorrow, but just wanted to let you guys know that Hannah's story is now on the Miracle Babies Foundation website.

Hannah - Miracle Babies

Here's the link!
    wow! thats one hell of a story hun!

Quote Originally Posted by charlotte91 View Post
    Looks like a cold might be heading our way. Hannah is FERAL!!!! Full on screaming, thrashing around. Wants to be held. Slightly snotty nose.
    Hahaha, to think that only last night I was begging DP to make another baby!! He said no, not yet. lol.

Off to Melbourne on Thursday, as Hannah has another audiology appt on Friday afternoon to re-check her hearing. Her left ear had 50% hearing loss, so they want to see if its improved or not. If not, she'll need a grommet put in.

Not into solids at all lately, could be because she's getting sick. She just cries if I put the spoon near her mouth. But, she LOVES biscuits. She eats a good 70% of it, so if she just wants a bikkie, then thats fine. She's still drinking her bottles.

Hmmm, Jules..... Last time Jacob got sick, Hannah got sick too.... Maybe they've been seeing each other behind our backs!! lol.
    poor little hannah hope she is feeling better soon!
    hope her hearing tests goes well, we have our follow up in november.

what biscuits do u give her? i think we need a snak type thing for S......

speaking of Summah, she is free to a good home atm!

god i fell bad saying it but she is killing me atm, this cold needs to rack off and this tooth needs to hurry the hell up!
    she is just so grumpy, doesnt wanna lay on the floor, doesnt want to sit up and play, lord help me!
    DD S 14/12/2010
    DS

Happily "one and done"

cathie5 is offline BellyBelly Member

hI ALL

Charlie boy is getting up on all fours and rocking back and forwards on the floor, he thinks he is sooo clever. None of my others where doing this at 6 months.

Hope everyone is well.

cathie

omg Cathie! How exciting!!!!!!!!!

Crumpet - DH wanted something to clean his prize TV and insisted on reading the ingredients ... since then he's stayed away from them!!!!! He thought it would be low chemical near his bum, not stuff that he wouldn't use on a TV!!!

Us - someone's pushing something out - hopefully it's more than just wind!!!!

luna moth is offline ...because butterflies are overrated

I'm just emerging from this sickness fog... It has been horrid. Mum came early to help us out. Just revolting, although for anyone who has to do a lot of noseblowing, I cannot recommend flannelette hankies highly enough. They're everywhere though, because we've both been sick. Saline nasal spray was great for both of us, I'm almost better, and Eleanor is not far off.

Jules - pawpaw ointment in the red tube is no good for your nappies. Just a heads up. We love the orange tube one, this last two weeks it has done an amazing job of shifting the cradle crap. We use some of the Gaia products, we got a sampler pack as a gift, but my favourite is Aromababy, although it is exxy, so after that we will probably move to Ecostore. The baby wash smells divine.

crumpet - we make our own rusks out of bread crusts, just slice them and chuck them in a slow oven until they're firm. Also, we make polenta fingers, 1 part polenta to 3 parts water (I also chuck in a bit of EBM) Then pour it into a tray or container, refrigerate until firm, slice and serve. They're pretty good for snacks.

Kaz - Eleanor managed peas today! Off a spoon, though. We were eating minestrone, and she had a little pile of broccoli that was cooked in the pot with it, so bits of soup everywhere, an she wouldn't touch it. Just yelled at me while reaching for my fork. So I gave her a spoon, dipped in broth - she leaned forward and licked it, didn't want to hold it, so I ended up feeding her. She ate heaps, but just mustn't have been in the mood for using her own hands. Lazy little monkey!
    DD1 born December '10
    DD2 born November '12

Jules84 is offline BellyBelly Member

Charlotte - Thank you for sharing the story on your miracle baby, it was such a great read She's such a little legend. And you and your DP too for what you endured, couldn't ask for a better outcome though could you! FAR OUT, I wish I had your enthusiasm for another baby already....DH would LOVE to start trying, I told him dream on. Hope Hannah doesn't end up with a cold!! maybe they do have something going on hahahaha.

Crumpet - Thankfully last night with the vaporiser things were much better! Only woke twice. Sounds like things are full on there with Summah it will pass, and she'll be back to her wonderful bubbly self soon....hang in there love! I agree, day time sleeps aren't a big issue if the nights are working well

Cathie - WOOHOO!! Go Charlie!!! Clever little man. Hope you're all doing well

Kaz - hope you got the end result you were after hehe.

Audax - Oh thanks so much for that info, I am so hopeless. A friend told me paw paw ointment was ok I didn't even know that it came in different coloured tubes!! where do you get the orange one from? Thanks heaps for that. Luckily I haven't used it much!! Far out, I wish I was as clever as you at cooking etc....you're keen as!! to Eleanor getting you to feed her, they are so smart!!

All good here, went to the BigW toy sale and did the 'early bird layby' for the toy sale at Target. So happy, I have done all the christmas shopping for Jacob and my nephews and niece. I even got Jacobs birthday presents and my nephews birthday present for May next year!!! : most organised I've ever been.

Hope everyone is well! xox

hey

Kaz
    Jules : I also did my christmas shopping at Big w and I just need a few things from target so I'll go in there when the sale starts. We are being sooo organised...
    Audax : Charlie boy has just started on custard, he spat it all out then when he got the taste he keep yelling for more.... They are sooo funny.

Night all

With custard, are you making it with EBM or formula? Or dairy?

onthefly is offline BellyBelly Life Subscriber

I was just thinking about making custard this morning! I've never done it before. Not for DD though, bit too sweet just yet. I do have a feeling we probably won't be quite as strict with processed foods as we were with DS. IT's harder when you've got an oder child already eating crap
    Actually, DS had custard for the first time when he started daycare He doesn't like it anyway.

christmas shopping? gulp. i hate toy sales

I heard those wipes are great for cleaning carpets too...

illness and teeth suck Hoe everyone is 100% again soon. The kids are a bit snotty here too.
    I just bought a little squirt, so kind of looking forward to the next poo

D'oh cathie, I mean, well done Charlie

purplepixie1978 is offline BellyBelly Member
    Add purplepixie1978 on Facebook Follow purplepixie1978 On Twitter

Hi all,

Sitting here in the dark listening to Millie snuffle and snort in the cot next to me. Have to say I'll miss her sleeping in the same room when we go home. She's starting to "talk" a lot more, she's making different sounds and sometimes her pitch and tone really suits the moment. It's very cute!

Just a quick hello as it has been a big day and we'll be up early tomorrow... but Audax thanks for the polenta idea, I'll try that when we get home. Millie definitely likes anything with corn in it, I guess because the AR formula has cornmeal in it as a thickener?

Hope you're all well and that all the snot dries up. We have a bit here but it's pollen-related. Gah.
    xox
    Me 34 & DH 35
    DD1 18.11.10 Birth Story - Determined little dancer
    DD2 21.08.12 - natural breech birth!

onthefly is offline BellyBelly Life Subscriber

because corn is yummy!

I made that risotto again (the one DS had nightmares about, you may remember). he ate it without complaint, so perhaps it's ok if you give it a break for a few months.

Hey Cathie, I found out somethign the other day. It's possible to have identical boy-girl twins! They're not 100% genetically identical obviously, but share a single egg. Must be very rare. So anyway, I have to ask.... are they identical?

MadB

madB

MadB - I use them here for cleaning marks off the walls. They do a great job, just have to watch the paintwork though ...

Will's enjoying his food. Saw the MCHN on Wednesday, she sent us off to the docs to get Will's fat rolls looked at. He's 8kg and in the 50th percentile for weight, but 75th for height. I knew he was tall!!! He's doing really well, playing around nicely and defending himself against Pip. Plus he's had his 6mth vacc on Thursday. We've a referral to get an ultrasound on his hips. So arranging that for ASAP.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast