Thread: Headaches and feeling lightheaded/dizzy

*LittleMissSummer* is offline Former Member
    Add *LittleMissSummer* on Facebook

Question Headaches and feeling lightheaded/dizzy

For the past 2 weeks i've been getting really bad headaches. At first i blamed lack of sleep but yesterday whenever i stood up everything went dark for a few seconds and i was very light headed.

I've now woken up with ANOTHER rotten headache, these are the ones that are right at the front of the head and no amount of water, sleep or pain relief helps.

Is this normal? anyone else experienced this?

Twin Sister is offline BellyBelly Member

I've been having headaches as well and a tiny bit of dizzyness. I've been told it's from hormone fluctuations but if you are worried you should definatley see your doctor.
    Cameron - November 2007

July 2009

Paige - July 2010

HotI is offline BellyBelly Member

did you have an epidural?
    did you have a lot of blood loss after the birth?
    Hippy on the Inside

DD1 - My little firecracker born April 2010
    DS - Climbing adventure boy born at home January 2012
    DD2 - Born at home into our arms February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kate07 View Post
    did you have an epidural?
    did you have a lot of blood loss after the birth?
    Nope no epidural. And i lost about 50omls. I was very light headed after i gave birth but iv been taking iron supplements as told by the midwife.

I thought maybe it was from hormones. The blacking out is what bothers me. I used to have it happen all the time when i was a teenager. Id black out and find myself waking up on the floor.

~Trish~ is offline BellyBelly Life Subscriber & MPM

Maybe get your iron levels and blood pressure tested? I get the everything-going-black thing when my iron levels are low.

Are you drinking enough? I get blinding headaches that nothing can get rid of when I'm dehydrated. As mums we tend to forget to drink enough because we're so busy!

Hope you feel better soon .
    Me DH

DS1 October '04
    DS2 October '07
    DD August '09

Ease your baby gently into their fourth trimester with an Amby Baby Hammock. Please join our Amby Facebook page!

I've actually been drinking quite a bit of water especially since all the headaches started i was thinking maybe im dehydrated.

But i might have to go get my iron levels and BP checked..

BrightSparkles is offline BellyBelly Member

Def talk to your dr. Especially since you are wanting to do get back into an exercise routine etc. Remember you did only give birth 3 weeks ago. Your body is still adjusting. It could be that you are over doing it to soon and this is your body telling you that you need to slow down. Your dr will be able to help you with a plan that won't overload your body. Have you been eating properly also?
    Me 27 DH 30
    Princess 1 20/08/08 Princess 2 26/05/10

We are all a little bit weird and life's a little bit weird;and when we find someone who's weirdness is compatiable with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutal weirdness and call it love. - Dr Suess

boobaloo is offline Reclaiming Me - with the love of my beautiful little family xoxo
    Add boobaloo on Facebook

definately get your iron levels checked, i had the same - blacking out, headaches, constant exhaustion, and it turned out my iron levels were so low i could have had a stroke!
    Me 27 He 32

Master X 29 Nov 2006good lookin', patience-testing, stinky-fartin little man
    Miss M 28 May 2008 Red-Headed, Bad-tempered, drama - lovin' little miss

~me~ is offline BellyBelly Life Subscriber

I would definitely get it checked out one with your GP first to have you iron levels tested and if everything is ok on that front then I would see an Optometrist and have them have a good look behind your eye and have your eyes tested too.
    I noticed from another thread you have joined a gym..I would ask them to put your membership on hold while you have this checked out and advise them that you only had a baby 3wks ago and need to get the all clear from your Dr before you can start it up again...just to be on the safe side. I know with my gym I can suspend my membership without any penalties due to illness or going on holidays so I don't end paying for something I am not using.
    Look after yourself 1stTimemumma..take it easy and be gentle on your body while it is healing