Being the male partner from conception to parenthood has it's ups and downs which are rarely explored or addressed. Men often have extra concerns where they are the main or only income earner, have little knowledge about what their partner is going through or if they have no-one they can relate to, going through what they are. BellyBelly is here to help! Most of the articles in this section are written by men, for men. Here's the reason it's cool to check out a woman-dominated website. Help us change that - we want more men!
all 18 Men Articles
The first trimester brings a massive upheaval of emotions and physical changes - here's how to keep connected with your partner during pregnancy.
If your partner would rather sleep than have sex with you, then you need to read these 5 great tips from Jared Osborne.
Men: here are 5 fantastic, effective tips on how to stay attracted to your partner, long term.
Men - want more sex? Here are three BIG steps to getting the amount sex both you and your partner dream of.
A father and son talk about women and sex. In this brilliant article, Jonathon Aslay, shares 9 great pieces of advice that I will one day tell my own son.
Stay at home parents need a break, and we need help to do that. Find out what a stay at home parent really needs to be a happier parent, lover and partner.
There's 5 really important things that we really want you to know, dads. We're not always great at expressing these things, and sometimes we just don't know how to verbalise it...
Sex after having a baby is a tricky thing - some new dads complain about not getting enough and some new mums complain about not being left alone! Here are 10 big reasons she doesn't want sex and what you can do about it.
Bonding with baby doesn't come easily or naturally for some men. At times men can feel in the dark about tending to their babies’ incessant needs and alleviating any stress of their partners. How can they bond with their babies and not feel so helpless? Matthew Kick has some great suggestions for brand new dads or dads-to-be.
Father's day gift ideas (and not so good gift ideas!) from the point of view of a father, Peter Loupelis. A short, light-hearted piece designed to help you get dad a present he's really going to like this father's day!
Blokes, do you know what the biggest cause of women giving up breastfeeding is and how you can help prevent it? A must read article for all fathers-to-be.
Dads and dads-to-be - you wont find a more raw, honest account about bonding with your newborn. Some great advice from David Vernon.
Does your partner have Post-Natal Depression? Are you feeling worried or concerned about the well-being of your partner or her ability to look after the baby (or any other children you have?) Here's some great information to help and support you and your partner.
Dads - not sure how you might be able to help your partner after the birth of your baby? Maybe you can't breastfeed for her, but we have plenty of great tips compiled by BellyBelly Psychologist, Daniel Chable. Also included are plenty of suggestions from mothers themselves as to what really helps them, that you CAN do.
When you think about what labour and birth might be like, you will probably form a romanticised image - just yourself and your partner managing beautifully without the interference of anyone else and without any medical intervention. But is it really that realistic?
Dad-to-be: want to support your partner as best possible? Here are some great tips, through each stage of labour.
I find that the issue of sex after baby is often of concern for both males and females. Both commonly feel a sense of loss about sex after the birth of a baby.
I've often had discussions with new parents about what is fair (in their relationship). The best definition that I have been able to find is as follows.
- 10 Things Not To Say To Sleep Deprived Parents
- 11 Reasons Why Smacking Is Ineffective and Damaging
- 16 Things Pregnant Women Want Their Partners To Know
- 20 Things Your Toddler Is Trying To Say To You
- 36 Awesome Things About Being Pregnant
- 9 Sneaky Ways Formula Companies Try To Win You Over
- A Doctor Warns: This Activity May Have Damaging Effects On Your Baby’s Brain
- A Mother’s First Birth-day. WARNING! Tissues Essential
- Blocked Nose And Colds In Babies – Treatments For A Blocked Nose
- Childbirth Classes: 9 Reasons Why Private Classes Get Better Results
- Delayed Cord Clamping – Why You Should Demand It
- Induction of Labour – The Risks of Labour Induction
- Ovulation Pain – 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Ignore It | BellyBelly
- Placenta Encapsulation – Benefits of Placenta Encapsulation
- Pregnancy Calculator – Try BellyBelly’s Pregnancy Calculator
- Pregnancy Photography – 10 Great Reasons To Have Pregnancy Photography
- Pregnancy Symptoms – 16 Early Signs of Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Week By Week – Your Pregnancy Week By Week
- The 4th Trimester – 8 Ways To Create An Awesome One For Your Baby
- Thrush Treatment – Get Rid of Thrush For Good (Yes, It’s True!)
- VBAC Sabotage – 9 Things That De-Rail Your VBAC Attempt
- Weaning: 6 Tips To Help Make The Right Decision
- What Stay At Home Parents Mean When We Say We Need a Break