Pregnancy Calculator – Try BellyBelly’s Pregnancy Calculator
|Pregnancy Week (Select):|
Pregnancy Calculator – Try BellyBelly’s Pregnancy Calculator
Pregnant and wondering when your baby might be due? Only around 3-5% of babies are born on their estimated due date estimated due date, with full term pregnancy classed between 38-42 weeks of pregnancy.
Dates based on your last menstrual period are most accurate, because ultrasound has a margin of error even at early stages, and is based on mathematical averages. Your body offers a more reliable estimate. That said, you can try our pregnancy calculator to get an approximate idea on when your baby will arrive.
If you are given two due dates, it’s a great idea to take the one which is furthest away, because you’ll have less pressure for an induction and your baby can be born when he/she is ready, rather than anyone else. You’ll notice by making slight adjustments to your cycle length and luteal phase in the calculator below, it can effect the due date by days – because most of our bodies don’t run to the averages which standard pregnancy calculators or charts use, as well as your doctor’s. Given that many women don’t know their cycle length and luteal phase, you can begin to see why it’s called an ‘estimated’ due date!
Trust Your Baby… He Knows His Due Date, Not Anyone Else!
The vast majority of babies know when it’s time to be born based on their own physical and developmental readiness, so for this reason we encourage you to remember that a pregnancy is still classed as full term up to 42 weeks. Rest assured if you do go post-dates (as frustrating as it may be!), in a healthy pregnancy, you are giving your baby the best chance to be born happy and healthy and of course, less interventions for you too. Routine and unnecessary inductions only add to possible complications (including caesareans) and traumatic births.
Give your healthy, unborn baby a most precious gift of allowing him or her to arrive on their own birthday. Check out our article, 40 reasons to give your baby (at least!) 40 weeks, here.
Kelly Winder is a birth attendant (aka doula), the creator of BellyBelly and mum to three beautiful children. Become a fan of BellyBelly on Facebook or add Kelly here. BellyBelly is also on Twitter. Please note that all of my suggestions and advice are of a generalised nature only and are not intended to replace advice from a qualified professional. BellyBelly.com.au – The Thinking Woman’s Website For Conception, Pregnancy, Birth and Baby.
Find this article interesting? Email it to a friend.
Share ArticleShare on Facebook
More Pregnancy Articles
- 10 Big Pregnancy Blunders You Should Avoid
- 10 Ways Pregnancy Is Totally Overrated
- 11 Things You Should NOT Say To A Pregnant Woman
- 16 Common Side Effects During Pregnancy
- 40 Reasons To Give Baby 40 Weeks Of Pregnancy
- 8 Things You Must Know About Preventing Postnatal Depression
- 9 BIG Reasons Why Independent Birth Education Gets Better Results
- Acne And Pregnancy – How To Deal With Acne In Pregnancy
- Alcohol During Pregnancy – Is It Safe To Drink Alcohol While Pregnant?
- Amniocentesis – What Is An Amniocentesis?
- Are You Prepared for Breastfeeding? Tips To Prepare For Success
- Baby Formula – What Baby Formula Makers Wont Tell You
- Baby Shower Games – 9 Fun Baby Shower Games
- Baby Shower Ideas – 7 Awesome Baby Shower Ideas
- Bleeding After Sex During Pregnancy
- Bleeding During Pregnancy – Causes of Bleeding During Pregnancy
- Blessingway – What Is A Blessingway?
- Boys Names – Baby Names For Boys
- Breakthrough Bleeding – What Is Breakthrough Bleeding?
- Breast Changes During Pregnancy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome – Carpal Tunnel During Pregnancy
- Chemical Pregnancy – Symptoms Of A Chemical Pregnancy
- Coffee and Pregnancy – Can You Drink Coffee During Pregnancy?
- Colouring Your Hair During Pregnancy: Is It Safe To Colour Your Hair?
- Constipation During Pregnancy – Remedies & Treatment For Constipation
- CVS (Chorionic Villus Sampling)
- Depression and Pregnancy – Depression In Pregnancy
- Doesn’t Feel Right? Speaking Up and How To Do It
- Doula – What Is a Doula And Why Do So Many Women Want One?
- Down Syndrome – Expecting a Baby With Down Syndrome
- Early Pregnancy Symptoms – Early Signs Of Pregnancy
- Ectopic Pregnancy Symptoms – Signs Of Ectopic Pregnancy
- Essential Oils In Pregnancy – Which Essential Oils Are Safe To Use?
- Exercise And Pregnancy – Can I Exercise In Pregnancy?
- Flu Vaccine When Pregnant – Should I Get The Flu Vaccine?
- Flying When Pregnant – Tips for Flying When Pregnant
- Gas During Pregnancy – A Farty Problem
- Gender Dilemmas – Wanting a Boy – or a Girl
- Gender Disappointment – Tips For Coping With Gender Disappointment
- Gender Reveal Party Ideas – 16 Cool Gender Reveal Ideas!
- Genital Herpes – Giving Birth With Genital Herpes
- Gestational Diabetes – Treating Gestational Diabetes
- Girls Names – Baby Names for Girls
- Haemorrhoids – Treating Haemorrhoids in Pregnancy
- Hiring a Birth Attendant or Doula – Questions to Ask
- How Many Weeks Pregnant Am I?
- Internal Exams During Pregnancy and Labour – Are They Necessary?
- Irritable Uterus – What Is An Irritable Uterus In Pregnancy?
- Listeria and Pregnancy – What You Need To Know About Listeria
- Low Lying Placenta – What It Means To Have Low Lying Placenta
- Maternity Bra – When Should I Get A Maternity Bra?
- Miscarriage – What Is A Miscarriage And Why Do They Occur?
- Mocktail Recipes – Yummy Mocktails For Pregnancy
- MTHFR – Is The MTHFR Gene Mutation Affecting Your Pregnancy?
- Mucus Plug (Show) – What Is The Mucus Plug?
- No Period / Missed Period – Could I Be Pregnant?
- Nutrition in Pregnancy
- Obstetrician For Birth – 11 Questions To Ask
- Old Wives’ Tales and Pregnancy – Boy or Girl?
- Optimal Fetal Positioning – How It Helps You Have An Easier Birth
- Osteopathy and Pregnancy – How Osteopathy Helps
- Paid Parental Leave – How Much Is Paid Parental?
- Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) in Pregnancy
- Pets and Your New Baby – 6 Tips To Prepare Your Pet
- Placenta Previa – What Is Placenta Previa?
- Postnatal Depression – Prevention & Treatment With Chinese Medicine
- Preeclampsia and Symptoms of Preeclampsia
- Pregnancy Books – 4 Best Pregnancy Books
- Pregnancy Photography – 10 Great Reasons To Have Pregnancy Photography
- Pregnancy Stages – The Three Pregnancy Stages
- Pregnancy Stress – 10 Tips For Dealing With Stress In Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Symptoms – 16 Noticeable Pregnancy Symptoms
- Pregnancy Test – When To Take A Pregnancy Test
- Pregnancy Tickers – Countdown to Baby With A Pregnancy Ticker!
- Pregnancy Week By Week – Your Pregnancy Week By Week
- Pregnancy Weight Gain – How Much Weight Is Normal?
- Pregnancy Yoga – Benefits of Prenatal Yoga
- Prenatal Testing & Screening – What You Need To Know
- Private Health Funds Covering Midwifery and Homebirth
- Public, Private, Birth Centre or Home?
- Red Raspberry Leaf Tea In Pregnancy – Benefits of Raspberry Leaf
- Rhesus Negative Factor in Pregnancy – Rh- Blood
- Sciatica – Treatment Of Sciatica in Pregnancy
- Seeing the Dentist in Pregnancy – FAQ’s
- Sex Toys During Pregnancy – Is It Safe?
- Shortness of Breath In Pregnancy – Are You Short Of Breath?
- Smoking During Pregnancy – FAQ’s on Smoking During Pregnancy
- Sore Ribs During Pregnancy – Relief for Rib Pain While Pregnant
- Stretch Marks – How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
- Tea During Pregnancy – Teas To Drink And Teas To Avoid
- The Importance Of Sleeping Position In Pregnancy
- Thrush During Pregnancy – Vaginal Thrush Symptoms And Treatments
- Unplanned Pregnancy – When Your Pregnancy Is More Shock Than Surprise
- Waxing During Pregnancy – Can You Wax While Pregnant?
- When Do You Start To Look Pregnant?
- When Does Morning Sickness Start? Morning Sickness FAQ’s
- Who Cares? Choosing a Model of Maternity Care
- Will Your Baby Be Born in a Baby Friendly Hospital?