Slow Cooker Recipes – Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes
|Pregnancy Week (Select):|
Slow Cooker Recipes – Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes
The following chicken and poultry recipes are designed to be cooked in a slow cooker. We hope you enjoy these chicken and poultry recipes as much as our members have! Click to fast scroll down to a particular recipe.
Cailin’s Tips on Cooking Roasts in Slow Cookers
Its always best to prop a roast on something, either potatoes cut in half, balls of foil, lemons halved (great if doing lamb or something you want to taste of lemon) or an upturned saucer. I often use balls of foil.
All these recipes have varying cooking times depending on if the meat is frozen, and what sort of slow cooker you have. My general rule of thumb is because chicken cooks fast, I always put it in frozen to prevent it from going stringy, and I always leave it on low if doing it in the morning. Other meats can either go on auto until you think its cooked then low, or low all day if starting early and you can put anything in there frozen.
Also don’t forget leftover roast meat is great to make soups/stews the next day in the slow cooker, for example leftover seasoned chook makes fantastic cream of chicken soup or chicken and sweet corn soup. Or you can add meat to a tomato base sauce and serve over pasta… the limit is your imagination. One last quick and easy tip for a yummy roast chicken is to buy a seasoned chicken or a plain chicken and cover with french onion soup mix. A simple, easy and delicious meal, guaranteed.
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe– Posted by Lucy
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Spray cooking oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine
1. Wash chicken and dry on paper towels
2. Combine oregano, salt and pepper and cornflour in a small bowl. Sprinkle on the chicken and rub it into the chicken breasts
3. Fry the chicken breasts until browned with the spray cooking oil
4. Transfer the browned chicken to the slow cooker
5. Combine the stock, lemon juice, wine, garlic and add to the slow cooker
6. Cover and cook on High for 3 hours or on Low for 6 hours
7. Remove chicken onto plates to serve
8. Add cream to the remaining liquid and stir well and heat in a small pan to serve over the chicken
Terri’s Easy Chicken and Corn Soup Recipe– Posted by Cailin
- 1 whole bbq chicken (skin off, boned, and chopped into small pieces)
- 2 cans of creamed corn
- 2 litres chicken stock
You can make a quantity to suit. Place in slow cooker – I would put it on high for 1 hour then turn down to low for the rest of the time (if I was home) otherwise just on low. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Slow Cooker Roast Chicken Recipe– Posted by beej22
Easy as pie…wash whole chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle one sachet of french onion soup mix over the chicken and ‘rub in’. Place chicken in slow cooker – you can place sliced onions and garlic in the bottom of the cooker if you like. Cook on lowest setting all day.
This generates so much of it’s own juices…it comes halfway up the chicken! And is really moist and delish. The juices make a yummy gravy.
Slow Cooker Braised Chicken with Onions, Potatoes & Peas Recipe– Posted by Cailin
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons paprika – Hungarian
- 1 & 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 large onions – thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 12 small red potatoes – unpeeled and halved
- 1 10-ounce package frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry. Season with the paprika, salt and pepper. Place all vegetables on the bottom of the slow cooker, potatoes first, and then put the meat on top. Season with the bouillon powder. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender and the chicken is done. Cook 7 to 10 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
Slow Cooker Chicken & Corn Soup Recipe– Posted by Cailin
(you can make a quantity to suit)
- 1 whole bbq chicken (skin off, boned, and chopped into small pieces, or leftover slow cooker chicken)
- 2 cans of creamed corn (less if you prefer)
- 2 litres chicken stock (same again, less if you prefer)
Place in crock pot – I would put it on high for 1 hour then turn down to low for the rest of the time (if I was home) otherwise just on low. Add salt and pepper to taste.
When I’ve made this I generally put it on at about 2pm on low, by dinnertime (around 6 pm) its ready, so you could put it on high for a couple of hours instead if you wanted it quickly. Otherwise if you put it on early in the morning it would make a great weekend lunchtime warmer!
This recipe is great as an starter for an asian meal (great if you want to impress), a nice stir fry, some steamed rice and some honey soy chicken wings in the oven. Everyone will think you’ve slaved for hours. Just be sure to server you soup with some spring onion/shallots to garnish.
Chloe’s Kick Ass Slow Cooker Chicken Soup Recipe– Posted by Chloe
I made a kick-arse chicken soup yesterday that you could feed an army on. Here’s my recipe to use with 1 whole chicken (with as much fat and skin removed as possible and cut down the middle butterfly style – browning optional).
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 or 2 potatoes
- 1 or 2 carrots
- 1 diced onion
- Vegetable stock
- Chilli, salt, pepper, herbs
- 1 tin chick peas
- 1 tin beans (kidney or mixed)
Put a whole chicken in the slow cooker with a tin of tomatoes, potato (chopped into quarters), carrot, a tin of tomatoes, onion, about half a container of the campbell’s vege stock (you could use the chicken one), the juice from one lemon, 3 cloves of garlic crushed, salt, pepper, herbs (I used some basil and some dried mixed herbs), chilli and water. Put it on auto all day. An hour before its time to eat it get a pair of tongs and break the chicken up and pick out every bone you can find (this is a bit time consuming). Every time you come across a piece of vege crush it in the tongs to mush it up. After you’ve taken out all the bones add the drained and washed beans and chick peas and put the lid back on until dinner time. Serve with bread.
Slow Cooker Chicken Cattiatore Recipe- Posted by BellyBelly
- 1kg of chicken (breast, thigh or marylands – whatever you prefer)
- 1 tin of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of mushrooms (I usually add more I love mushrooms!)
- 1 onion – diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Kalmata olives (optional – around a cup but I don’t use them)
- Juice of one lemon
- Tomato paste
- Parsley – chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
Chuck everything into the slow cooker and mix well. Serve over rice or potatoes and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe– Posted by Christy
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp ancho chilli’s chopped (I just use jalepeno in Australia because I can find it)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt & pepper
- EITHER 1 roast chook taken apart & thrown in OR 800gm chopped chicken meat
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 avocado (chopped with lemon juice on it)
- 1 handful coriander chopped
- 6 corn tortillas (or 3 flour tortillas)
Put the stock, garlic, cumin, tomatos, bay leaves and salt and pepper in your slow cooker. Lightly colour your chicken with onion in fry pan until just sealed and pop in slow cooker, OR just pull apart your roast chicken and put in with onion. I put this in for 1 hour on high and then add corn and put on low for 2-4 hours depending on chicken meat.
10 minutes before serving, slice tortillas into 2cm strips and shallow fry in fry pan in olive oil or light canola oil and drain on kitchen paper.
To serve, put soup in bowl throw in 2 spoons of chopped avocado, tortilla strips and sprinkle with coriander. You ‘could’ put a dollop of sour cream over the top if you feel like it. Serve with warmed tortillas and butter, or you could serve with a small salad topped with capsicum, corn, black olives & guacamole. (thats for dinner tonight)
This is a very low fat slow cooker meal, just the tortilla’s frying would be the issue… so if you are on a diet you could bake the tortilla’s until they are crispy I suppose, or if you are lazy chuck in some tortilla chips (preferably corn tortilla).
Jo’s Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe– Posted by Jo
- 500g chicken thigh/breast, diced
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix all other ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 8 hrs or high for 6 hrs+. We had it with rice and it was yummo!
Slow Cooker Creamy Homemade Chicken Stew Recipe
- 235ml low fat evaporated milk
- 30g All purpose flour
- 680g chicken thighs or breasts
- 340g small fresh button mushrooms
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 410g pearl onions (I used pickling onions)
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 340g frozen green peas, thawed
- 235ml chicken stock
- 3g salt
- .5g ground black pepper
- .3g dried marjoram
- .3g dried rosemary
- 15g chopped fresh parsley
Instead of using the herbs suggested I went with Italian herbs as this covered the herbs mentioned above and then some.
1. In a small bowl stir together flour and evaporated milk until smooth.
2. Place Chicken, Mushrooms, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots and Peas in slow cooker.
3. Pour in Milk mixture and Chicken stock.
4. Season with Salt, pepper and herbs.
5. Cook on low for 6 hours.
6. Stir in Parsley just before serving.
7. Serve with rice or pasta.
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 onion
- 4 rashers bacon
- 125g mushrooms
- 1 & 1/2 kg chicken (I find thigh fillets are good if using slow cooker. Breast fillets dry out too much)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 60ml water
- 40ml cream optional
- Salt and pepper
1. Peel and chop onion finely. Chop bacon and mushrooms.
2. Cube chicken and coat with flour season with salt and pepper.
3. Saute onion, bacon and mushroom.
4. Add to chicken pour in soup and water. Stir well. Cover casserole dish in slow cooker approx 6 hours.
5. Stir in cream and garnish with parsley.
Slow Cooker Chicken with BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 whole chicken (1-1.5kgs)
- 40g butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp mango chutney, chopped
- 2.5ml french mustard
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
Rub the inside of the cooking pot with a little of the butter. Wipe the chicken and season inside and out with a little salt and pepper. In a large pan, heat the remaining butter and brown the chicken all over. Transfer to slow cooker. Add the onion to the butter remaining in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, without colouring. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and bring to the boil. Pour over the chicken and cook for the recommended time, basting occasionally.
Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa Recipe– Posted by Cailin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 package reduced-salt taco seasoning mix
- 1 jar salsa
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
1. Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Add the chicken breasts.
3. Sprinkle with Taco Seasoning mix.
4. Top with salsa.
5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3 hours depending on your slow cooker.
6. When ready to serve, remove the chicken from the pot.
7. Stir in 1/4 cup of sour cream.
8. Serve with rice.
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Recipe– Posted by Lucy
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 cloves smashed garlic
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 & 1/4 cups chicken stock (I use a carton)
1. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and place at the bottom of the slow cooker
2. Add garlic and rice
3. Combine the lemon juice and chicken stock and pour over the chicken
4. Stir gently to combine
5. Cook on low for 8 hours
We have this served with steamed veggies.
Slow Cooker Burmese Chicken Recipe– Posted by Wheatie
- 20g ghee
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1.5 tbs lemon grass, finely sliced
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 tsp grated ginger
- 1.5 tsp ground tumeric
- .25 tsp ground cardamon
- .5 tsp ground cinnamon
- .25 tsp ground ground cumin
- .25 tsp ground ground coriander seeds
- .25 tsp ground ginger
- .5 tsp salt
- .5 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1.5kg chicken breasts halved (but next time I might use thighs or chicken pieces)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Chopped fresh coriander to serve.
Melt ghee in a non stick pan and cook onion over med heat until just soft. Stir in everything else but the chicken, stock and fresh coriander. Cook 1 minute or until fragrant.
Add the chicken to the pan and coat in the onion mixture and then pour it all into the slow cooker.
Add the stock. Cover and cook on high 1.5 hours then low 3 hours or alternatively on Auto for 5-6 hours. I thickened the sauce a bit with cornflour paste and served it with rice and sprinkled over the coriander. Yummy and it has a bit of a kick to it so I topped with a dollop of sour cream to calm things down a bit.
Slow Cooker Chicken Curry Recipe– Posted by Lucy
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed of skin and fat
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste (I use the Sharwoods brand in a jar)
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 jar of Taylor’s Kahmiri Butter Chicken sauce
- 1 cup water
1. Slice the chicken breasts into chunky strips
2. Combine with tandoori paste
3. Place in slow cooker
4. Add finely chopped onions and the jar of butter chicken sauce
5. Add water and stir to combine
6. Cook on low for 6 hours
Serve with basmati rice and poppadums!
Kathy’s Delicious Whole Slow Cooked Chicken Recipe– Posted by Sarah
- 1 (#13) whole chicken, skin removed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
1. Remove skin from chicken, and empty inner cavity of contents within. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel, and place inside the slow cooker.
2. In a bowl, stir together the chicken broth, soy sauce, olive oil, honey, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Pour mixture over chicken, and cover.
3. Cook chicken on low setting for 8 hours, or 4 hours on high setting.
4. Pull apart & serve over jasmine rice.
(I only had a #9 chicken so had to make do with that).
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken & Potatoes Recipe– Posted by Jo
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the Italian dressing, spices and the grated cheese. Put the potatoes on top or around the chicken. Sprinkle with the rest of the dressing, spices and cheese. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
My slow cooker is a 3.5L, if you have a 5L you may need to double the ingredients.
Slow Cooker Quail Recipe 1– Posted by Cailin
(suitable for poussin or any small fowl)
- 8 quail [cut up]
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine [dry]
- 2 white onions [thinly sliced]
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
Rinse the birds and pat dry inside and out, season with salt and pepper to taste and coat with flour. Brown in hot peanut oil in a skillet. Combine the quail with the soups, broth, wine, onions, and bay leaves in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours and then reduce heat to low for 7 to 8 hours or until birds are tender. Remove bay leaves add the cheese and cook for 30 min more. Serve over rice or noodles.
Slow Cooker Quail Recipe 2– Posted by Cailin
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh mushrooms; sliced
- Chopped onion
- 1 Can (13.75-oz) bouillon
- 1/2 Can Water
Flour, salt and pepper birds. Brown in small amount of oil in iron skillet. Remove to slow cooker, breast down. In same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions lightly. Add bouillon and water. Pour over birds and cook 30 minutes on high or 4-6 hours on low. Serve over rice.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Poussin Recipe– Posted by Cailin
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time: cook on high 3-5 hours
- 4 Poussin, about 450g/1lb each
- Salt & Pepper
- 225g canned pineapple chunks, reserving juice
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander
- 150mls teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Fresh coriander sprigs and spring onion tassels, to garnish
- Cooked white and wild rice, to serve.
1. Preheat the slow cooker on high. Lightly rinse or wipe the Poussins and season the cavities. Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice and stuff the pineapple chunks into the Poussin cavities together with a few sprigs of coriander. Place in the slow cooker.
2. Blend the canned juice with the teriyaki sauce and honey and bring to the boil and pour over Poussins. Cover with lid and cook on high for 3 to 5 hours. Remove from the pot and serve garnished with coriander sprigs and spring onion tassels and with the freshly cooked rice. For a thicker sauce bring the liquid to boil l and stir in 1 tbs cornflour blended with 2 tbs water, cook, stirring until thickened!
Slow Cooker Roast Chicken Recipe #2
- 1 free range chicken
- Fresh garlic, minced
- Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Rub the garlic and rosemary inside and outside of the chicken. You can brown the chicken first, if you like, or you could put a couple of nobs of butter on the breast under the skin. Spray the slow cooker and cook on high for about 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours (depending) on your slow cooker. It creates around 1/4 cup of juices which you can use to make a yummy gravy.
Slow Cooker Chicken with Mushrooms Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2kg chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small leeks
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cracked black peper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 3/4 cup of cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
1. Heat oil in non-stick pan. Add chicken in batches and cook over a medium heat until lightly browned. Place chicken in the removable crockery pot.
2. Top chicken with mushrooms, leeks, wine, stock, pepper, salt and lemon thyme. Cover with lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours.
3. Stir in blended flour, cream and sour cream 1 hour before end of cooking. Replace lid and continue cooking.
This will serve 8 people. I used 1kg of chicken breast fillets cut into pieces. I also didn’t add the lemon thyme as i forgot to buy any. I kept everything the same as my slow cooker is a large one i was going to half everything but changed my mind.
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe– Posted by Christy
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 broccoli head chopped
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 2 tsp parsley or 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 2 chicken breasts chopped/or 1/2 roast chook
- 100gm pasta noodles broken up
I put the stock, veggies, garlic, spices all in the slow cooker on high for 2 hours and then add in the chicken for another hour on low and then the pasta for the last 30 minutes. Really nice when your crook and don’t feel like cooking if you use the roast chook its so easy. Also if your in Weight Watchers its only like 3 points a serve.
Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Recipe
- 500g-600g chicken (breasts or thighs)
- 1 tin apricot nectar
- 1 packet of french onion soup
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tin apricots drained
Cut up the chicken into smaller pieces as per your liking, then throw everything into the slow cooker and stir until well mixed. Cook on low for around 8 hours. Serve with steamed rice and vegetables or anything else you like.
Slow Cooker Lemongrass & Ginger Scented Chicken Recipe– Posted by Angel
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2kg chicken thigh fillets, skin & fat removed
- 2 med onions sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled & sliced
- 2 large red chillies, seeds removed, sliced
- 2 stalks lemon grass, trimmed & bruised
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 200g sugar snap peas
1. Heat oil and quickly seal sides of chicken in batches. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Reduce heat, add onions and garlic and cook for 1-2 mins. Place in slow cooker with remaining ingredients except for sugar snap peas.
3. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or low 5-6 hours.
4. About 15 mins before serving, add sugar snap peas and stir through.
Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff Recipe– Posted by Sarah_H
- 1 pound frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 16 oz. carton fat free sour cream
- 1 packet of dry onion soup mix
Put frozen chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Mix soup, sour cream, onion soup mix and pour over chicken,. Cook on low for 7 hours. Makes 6 servings. (4 Points) If you wish, serve it over rice or noodles, but be sure to add those points. Makes 6 servings
Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Turkey and Rice Recipe– Posted by Sarah_H
- 16 oz extra lean ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, undrained
- 1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 TBSP brown sugar twin
- 1 TBSP reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 & 1/2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
In a large skillet sprayed with butter flavoured cooking spray, brown meat. Spray a slow cooker container with butter flavoured spray. In prepared container, combine undrained pineapple, tomato sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Stir in green pepper, onion, and parsley flakes. Add browned meat and uncooked rice. Mix well to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Mix well before serving.
Serves 6 (1 cup) servings 239 Calories, 7 grm fat, 16 gm protein, 28 gm carbs, 587 mg sodium, 31 mg calcium, 3 gm fibre. WW: 5 points.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmigiana Recipe– Posted by Tamara
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. marinara sauce
- 1 lb. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
Cut chicken breasts into halves. In bowl, beat egg, salt, and pepper. Dip chicken into egg, then coat with crumbs. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until golden brown. Arrange browned chicken in the slow-cooker and cover with marinara. Cover and cook on low 6 hours. Add cheese, cover and cook 30 more minutes.
Slow Cooker Tangy Chicken Thighs Recipe– Posted by Tamara
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 hours
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 14 oz. canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 onion cooked, chopped
- 2 cups carrots cooked, diced
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1-1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp orange peel, grated
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
Combine first 13 ingredients and half the orange zest in an electric slow cooker on low heat. Mix thoroughly. Cover and cook 6 to 61/2 hours, or until chicken is cooked throughout. Stir in lemon juice and remaining orange zest. Serve sprinkled with crumbled bacon.
Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe– Posted by Nic
- 600g diced chicken
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup each of slice carrot, green capsicum & celery
- 1 level tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple pieces (no added sugar)
- 1 & 1/2 cups pineapple juice (no added sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon chinese 5 spice
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Prepare all vegetables, leave to one side. Brown chicken, add onion, carrot, capsicum, and celery, cook for five minutes.
Add ginger, soy sauce, tomato paste and pineapple pieces.
Blend cornflour with pineapple juice add to pan. Cook for a further 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are just cooked.
Easy Slowcooker Chicken Recipe– Posted by Tulip
- 1 boneless chicken in pieces
- 4 potatoes; quartered
- 5 carrots; cut in chunks
- 3 celery stalks; cut in half
- 1 cup chicken broth; or water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic; powdered
Put 1 cup of water or chicken broth in bottom of pot. Layer potatoes next, then carrots then celery. On top of this add chicken. Sprinkle basil, pepper, salt and garlic on top of chicken. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 1/2 or so hours.
Slow Cooker Thai Green Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1kg chicken breast, diced
- 3 tablespoon green curry paste (I bought a jar but I think you can get sachets?).
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 teaspoon sugar
Throw it all in to the slow cooker and combine. Cook on auto for 6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours. Serve with rice or we ate ours with warm naan bread for dipping. Yum!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/3 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pinch of celery seeds (I couldn’t find any so used a few shakes of celery salt instead)
- 2 tbsp dry red wine
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned. Combine the chicken and the next 5 ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours (the recipe says 6-8 but I find chicken breasts only need about 4) Combine the cheeses in a small bowl and sprinkle them over the chicken. Cook until the cheeses are melted, about 15 mins.
I assume from this recipe they cut the chicken up but I left them breasts whole and they were fine, but you could cut them up and you could probably leave the browning and just chuck it all in.
Per serving: 249 cal, 8.3g fat, 364mg sodium, 1.3g fibre Serves 4. 5.5 points.
Slow Cooker Burgundy Chicken Casserole Recipe– Posted by Kimashswan
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 100 g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 packet Spicy Tomato & Onion Soup
- 350 ml water
- 75 ml red wine
- 15 ml tomato paste
- 5 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ml dried thyme
Place chicken pieces in slow cooker. Season and cover with onion, mushroom and red pepper.
Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook for about 6 hours on low. Remove chicken pieces and stir sauce before serving. Serves 4-6, freezes very well.
Slow Cooker Asparagus or Mushroom Chicken Recipe– Posted by pebbles2820
- 1 kg chicken
- 1 tin of either cream of asparagus or cream of mushroom soup
- Extra mushrooms or asparagus if you want
- 1/2 a cup of water
- Salt and pepper
Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice Casserole Recipe– Posted by Christy
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup (I just buy a healthy options cream of chicken)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup (one 2.5 ounce jar) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 16 ounces skinned and boned uncooked chicken breast, chopped
Spray a slow cooker container with cooking spray. In prepared container, combine chicken soup, skim milk, and undrained mushrooms. Stir in celery, onion and uncooked rice. Add chicken pieces. Mix well to combine. cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Mix well before serving. Serves 4.
For more cooking and recipe ideas, or to contribute your own recipes and cooking tips, check out our Recipes & Cooking. Become a fan of BellyBelly on Facebook here or add Kelly as a friend (frequently adding articles and stories) here.
More Recipes & Cooking Articles
- Christmas Cupcakes – Starry Christmas Cupcakes
- Christmas Pudding – Last Minute Christmas Pudding
- How To Make Pancakes – Easy To Make Pancakes
- Vanilla Cupcake Recipe – Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- Sausage and Sweet Potato Croquettes
- Meringue Recipe – A Gorgeous Gooey Fruit Meringue Recipe
- Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe – Turkey Stuffed Tomatoes
- Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe With Cherry Tomatoes and Broccoli
- Pizza Recipe – Easy Margherita Pizza Recipe
- Cheesecake Recipe – Dame Nellie’s No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- Quiche Recipe – Simple, Creamy Quiche Recipe
- Meatloaf Recipe – A Low Fat, Family Friendly Meatloaf Recipe
- Chocolate Mousse Recipe – Simple Chocolate Mousse
- Salmon Patties (Fish Cakes) & Home Made Tartare Sauce Recipe
- Spaghetti Bolognese – An Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- Cowboy Casserole – A Kid-Friendly, Pork Sausage Casserole
- Beef Casserole – Easy Beef Casserole Recipe
- Apple Pie Recipe – Yummy, Easy Apple Pie Recipe
- Spanish Style Fried Rice Recipe
- Apricot Chicken – A Delicious Apricot Chicken Recipe