Slow Cooker Recipes – Soups, Stews & Casserole Recipes for Slow Cookers
Dach’s Kick Ass Chicken Soup Recipe – posted by Dachlostar
I made a kick-arse chicken soup yesterday that you could feed an army on. here’s my recipie
1 whole chicken (with as much fat and skin removed as possible and cut down the middle butterfly style – browning optional)
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 or 2 potatoes
- 1 or 2 carrots
- 1 diced onion
- Vegetable stock
- Chilli, salt, pepper, herbs
- 1 tin chick peas
- 1 tin beans (kidney or mixed)
Put a whole chicken in the slow cooker with a tin of tomatoes, potato (chopped into quarters), carrot, a tin of tomatoes, onion, about half a container of the cambell’s vege stock (you could use the chicken one), the juice from one lemon, 3 cloves of garlic crushed, salt, pepper, herbs (I used some basil and some dried mixed herbs), chilli and water. Put it on auto all day. An hour before its time to eat it get a pair of tongs and break the chicken up and pick out every bone you can find (this is a bit time consuming). Every time you come across a piece of vege crush it in the tongs to mush it up. After you’ve taken out all the bones add the drained and washed beans and chick peas and put the lid back on until dinner time. Serve with bread.
Beef Casserole Recipe – Posted by BellyBelly
- 500-600g beef (cubed)
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut (small or large pieces as you prefer, obviously small will cook quicker)
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 4-5 mushrooms (more if you like, I love them!)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 can of peeled/whole/crushed tomatoes as you prefer
- 1 can tomato soup
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2 tsp gravox mixed in with approx 1/2 c water
- Dash of wostershire sauce
- Dash of white vinegar
1. Brown the steak in a frying pan.
2. Chuck all the ingredients into the slow cooker, making sure it’s covered with liquid.
3. Cook on auto for 6-8 hours.
4. Variations – you could add 1/4 c red wine or beer for flavour, other vegies, vegemite – it’s a really versatile recipe so add and remove anything you like to taste!
Irish Stew Recipe – Posted by Debbie Lee
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 450g (1lb) Potatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 Necks of lamb chops
- 550mls (1pt) chicken stock (boiling)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves
Put all the vegetables into the Slow Cooker. Trim the chops of any excess fat and lay these on top of the vegetables. Add the seasoning, bay leaf and boiling stock. Cook for 6-8 hours on high or 10-14 hours on Auto.
I had a small lamb rack roast in the freezer (uno.. like lamb cutlets bundled together?) so I used that instead.
Beef & Veg Casserole w/ Dumplings – Posted by Debbie Lee
- 700g stewing beef (shin, shoulder or chuck)
- 25g flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbls cooking oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 550ml beef stock
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g shredded suet
- 2 tbl chopped parsley
- 90ml cold water
Cut the meat into even sized cubes and toss in the seasoned flour. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the mean until browned. Transfer to the slow cooker. Add the onions to the pan and fry lightly. Stir in the remaining flour, gradually add the stock and carrots. Bring to the boil and transfer to the slow cooker. Stir so that the vegetables are under the cooking liquid. Cook for 4-6 hours on High or 7-11 hours on Auto.
Dumplings (last 45 minutes)
Make the dumplings by mixing flour, salt, suet and parsley. Add water and mix to a soft dough. Shape into 8 balls. Add to the casserole and cook for 45 minutes with the lid on. High only.
Beef Casserole – Posted by shinee
- In a jug 2 cups beefstock
- 1 can tomatoes
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Bit of paprika
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
Then i just put the beef (about 400grm) in the slowcooker with desired veggies pour the mixture from the jug in stir and serve on a bed of pumkin and potato mash at 6 after putting it on at 11am before i go to work!!!
Pea and Ham Soup – posted by Cailin
- 1 bacon hock
- 500g green split peas
- 1 soup pack (parsnip, radish, potato, carrot & onion)
- Water to cover
I then remove the meat at about 2 pm after being on high from about 9:30 and whizzed the soup, removed the meat from the hock and discarded the fat & bones and put the meat back in. It smells divine and we’ll have it with turkish bread. YUM!
Vegetable Soup w/ Meatballs Recipe – Posted by Becky23
Here goes this is my opies receipe, except she cooked it in a pot but it comes out even nicer in the slow cooker.
Fill crock pot with water almost to the top save 1 or 2cm from the top.
Add a couple of handfulls of Soup Mix (which you buy from the supermarket, if you don’t have a clue what this is email me and I shall post a pic on my www of what it looks like).
2 packets of thick vegetable soup mix (only one if you don’t want it to thick).
2 packets of french onion soup mix.
Ideally you should leave the above to simmer away for a few hours but if you are making this in the morning and can’t just chuck the rest in as well just make sure you give it a good whirl as the thick vegetable mix tends to clump together otherwise.
Ok next some sticks of celery (optional) wash them and cut them into little pieces say 1/2cm thickish but really thats personal preference chuck in a hand full or so.
Next grab some pasta and break it up into say 4cm long bits as much or as little as you like
Finally grab some mince around 500-600 grams more or less up to you and just roll into small balls and chuck it in then just let it cook away the longer you leave it the thicker it gets and you can reheat this to have it over 2 or so days.
Pour into some bowls and if it doesn’t have enough flavour which I don’t think it does add some maggie season which you can get at the supermarket in a little bottle add a few splashes in each bowl and stir it gives it a lovely flavour.
With this have some butter bread for dunking in it is sooo yummy!
Chicken and Corn Soup Recipe – Posted by Cailin
(you can make a quantity to suit)_
- 1 whole bbq chicken (skin off, boned, and chopped into small pieces, or leftover SC chicken…)
- 2 cans of creamed corn (less if you prefer)
- 2 litres chicken stock (same again, less if you prefer)
Place in crock pot – I would put it on high for 1 hour then turn down to low for the rest of the time (if I was home) otherwise just on low. Add salt and pepper to taste.
When I’ve made this I generally put it on at about 2pm on low, by dinnertime (around 6 pm) its ready, so you could put it on high for a couple of hours instead if you wanted it quickly. Otherwise if you put it on early in the morning it would make a great weekend lunchtime warmer!
This recipe is great as an starter for an asian meal (great if you want to impress), a nice stir fry, some steamed rice and some honey soy chicken wings in the oven. Everyone will think you’ve slaved for hours. Just be sure to server you soup with some spring onion/shallots to garnish
Creamy Homemade Chicken Stew
- 235ml low fat evaporated milk
- 30g All purpose flour
- 680g chicken thighs or breasts
- 340g small fresh button mushrooms
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 410g pearl onions (I used pickling onions)
- 2 large carrots, coarlsy chopped
- 340g frozen green peas, thawed
- 235ml chicken stock
- 3g salt
- .5g ground black pepper
- .3g dried marjoram
- .3g dried rosemary
- 15g chopped fresh parsley
Instead of using the herbs suggested I went with Italian herbs as this covered the herbs mentioned above and then some.
In a small bowl stir together flour and evaporated milk until smooth.
Place Chicken, Mushrooms, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots and Peas in slow cooker.
Pour in Milk mixture and Chicken stock.
Season with Salt, pepper and herbs.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
Stir in Parsley just before serving.
Serve with rice or pasta.
Creamy Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 1 onion
- 4 rashers bacon
- 125g mushrooms
- 1 & 1/2 kg chicken (I find thigh fillets are good if using slow cooker. Breast fillets dry out too much)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 60ml water
- 40ml cream optional
- Salt & pepper
Peel and chop onion finely. Chop bacon & mushrooms.
Cube chicken and coat with flour season with S&P.
Saute onion, bacon & mushroom.
Add to chicken pour in soup and water. Stir well. Cover casserole dish in slow cooker approx 6 hours.
Stir in cream and garnish with parsley.
- 1 pound mince
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 6 oz large shell-shaped pasta
- 1 small can slices mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
In a skillet, cook ground beef and onion until red color disappears. Drain beef; place in slow cooker. Stir in salt, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce and flour. Add water, bouillon and wine, mix well. Cover and cook on low for 2 -3 hours. Meanwhile, cook pasta and drain. Add cooked pasta, mushrooms and sour cream to slow cooker; stir to mix ingredients. Turn to HIGH. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 mins.
Lamb Hotpot with Potato Dumplings Recipe – Posted by Bon
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1kg diced lamb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 rashers rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 cups mixed frozen vegies
- 350g desiree potatoes
- 50g butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 & 1/4 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 1 & 1/4 cups tasty cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 160 deg. Place flour, salt and pepper in a snap lock bag. Add lamb and shake to coat. Heat 1 tbs oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add half the lamb. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining lamb. (I would probably leave out this step if using slow cooker)
Add remaining oil, bacon, onion and garlic to saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add tom paste and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, stock and lamb with any juices. Bring to the boil.
(If using the slow cooker I would probably avoid all this and just chuck everything together)
Transfer hotpot to a ovenproof casserole dish. Cover tightly with lid or foil. Place on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes. Remove lid and bake uncovered for a further 45 minutes. (In my slow cooker instruction book it says 1-3 hrs in the oven = 8-10 hrs on low in the SC, so I am thinking cook it for 8 hrs)
Make potato dumplings
Cut potatoes into large pieces. Place in shallow, heatproof microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 6-7 minutes until just tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Add butter and roughly mash. Add milk and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
Remove hotpot from oven. Stir in frozen veg. Add flour, cheese and parsley to potato mash. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Divide dumpling mixture into 12 portions and roll each portion into a ball. Place dumplings, in a single layer, over hotpot. Increase oven temp to 200 degrees. Bake hotpot uncovered for 25-30 minutes until dumplings are golden. Serve.
My slow cooker book says 30 mins = 4 hrs on low or 2 on high.
Vegetable Goulash Recipe – Posted by Cailin
Prep Time 30 mins
Cooking time on low 6-8 hours
Auto (8-12) (this doesn’t make sense to me…)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2-4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 celery stalks, trimmed and sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and slices
- 1 small butternut squash, or 2 acorn squash peeled and diced
- 300 g new potatoes scrubbed
- 225 g cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp hot paprika
- 1 tbsp flour
- 410 g can cannellini beans drained
- 600ml tomato juice
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Thyme sprigs to garnish
- Roasted vine tomatoes, crusty bread and soured cream to serve
1. Preheat the slow cooker on high. Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onion, garlic and celery for 3 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables, sprinkle in the paprika and flour and continue to saute for 5 more minutes. Place in the cooking pot and stir in the beans.
2. Blend the tomato juice with the stock and bring to the boil. Stir in the dried thyme, caraway seeds and seasoning, then pour over the vegetables in the pot. Cover, reduce the temperature to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours. Garnish with thyme sprigs and serve with roasted vine tomatoes, crusty bread and soured cream.
Beef Stew with Apple Dumplings Recipe – posted by Trish
- 5 lb Stew beef; 1 1/2" cubes
- 1/2C Flour
- 3 beef bouillon cubes; crush
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups onions; sliced
- 2 garlic cloves; minced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoons curry
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 2 eggs; well beaten
- 2 teaspoons parsley; chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
Coat meat with mixture of flour, salt and pepper. Combine meat, onion, garlic, beef broth, apple juice, vinegar, thyme and curry in removable liner. Place liner in base. Cover and cook on auto 7 hours; or high 4 to 5 hours; or low 8 to 10 hours. Remove cover and place tablespoons of dumpling batter on top of stew. Cover and cook on high for 20 minutes.
To make dumpling batter; blend applesauce with eggs and parsley; add flour, baking powder and salt and beat into egg mixture.
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe – posted by Christy
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 1 broccoli head chopped
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 2 tsp parsley or 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 2 chicken breasts chopped/or 1/2 roast chook
- 100gm pasta noodles broken up
I put the stock, veges, garlic, spices all in the slow cooker on high for 2 hours and then add in the chicken for another hour on low and then the pasta for the last 30 minutes. Really nice when your crook and don’t feel like cooking if you use the roast chook its so easy. Also if your in Weight Watchers its only like 3 points a serve.
Fisherman’s Catch Chowder – Posted by Dachlostar
- 1 pound to 1 & 1/2 lb. fish (use any combo of following: (flounder/ocean perch pike/rainbow trout/haddock/halibut)
- 1/2 cup onion – chopped
- 1/2 cup celery – chopped
- 1/2 cup pared carrots – chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley – snipped
- 1 teaspoon leaf rosemary
- 1 can whole tomatoes (16 oz.) mashed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bottle clam juice (8 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 1/3 cup light cream (half-n-half)
Cut cleaned fish into 1-inch pieces. Combine all ingredients except flour, butter and cream in slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on low setting for 7-8 hours. (On HIGH setting for 3-4 hours. ) One hour before serving, combine flour, butter and cream. Stir into fish mixture. Continue to cook until mixture is slightly thickened. 4 servings (about 2 quarts) Double recipe for 5-quart slow cooker.
Pumpkin Soup – Posted by Christy
- 1kg pumpkin
- 3 med potatoes
- 1 med sweet potato
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 pinch nutmeg
I pop it all in at lunchtime and then 30 minutes before dinner I blend it all in a blender & then put the mix back into the slow cooker for 30 minutes. I serve with chopped chives on top with a dollop of sour cream and crusty bread yum.
Bacon and Lentil Soup Recipe
- 190g red lentils
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large parsnip, finely chopped
- 1 medium swede, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups of Risoni Pasta (tiny pasta)
- 250g bacon pieces (salt reduced and trimmed of fat), roughly chopped
- 500g bacon bones
- 2 litres of water
Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook for 10 hours on low (approx.), 8 hours on auto or about 6 hours on high (these are just approx. times – may depend on your slow cooker). I cooked it for about 8 hours on auto. The carrots were still a little firm but softened up overnight.
Sausage Hot Pot Recipe – Posted by Ambah
- 1kg sausages chopped
- 3 potatoes chopped up
- 1 large carrot chopped up
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes, capsicum & onion
- 1 tin tomato soup
- 1 tbs Mustard powder
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs garlic
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs worcestshire sauce
Easy Crockpot Chicken Recipe – Posted by Tulip
- 1 boneless chicken in pieces
- 4 potatoes; quartered
- 5 carrots; cut in chunks
- 3 celery stalks; cut in half
- 1 cup chicken broth; or water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic; powdered
Put 1 cup of water or chicken broth in bottom of pot. Layer potatoes next, then carrots then celery. On top of this add chicken. Sprinkle basil, pepper, salt and garlic on top of chicken. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3&1/2 or so hours.
Potato & Leek Soup Recipe – Posted by Christy
- 6 potatoes chopped
- 4 leeks chopped
- 4&1/2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 150gm/ml? light sour cream
- Optional for meat eaters: 150gm bacon – I use short cuts and fry them first and then slice them up and chuck them in for extra flavour.
Pop it all in on low for around 6-8 hours. In the end take it out and put it through a blender to whatever consistency you choose. I like a very creamy soup so I go crazy with the blender. Then pop it all back in the slow cooker on low. Right before serving, stir through the sour cream & top with chopped chives. I serve it with sliced turkish bread grilled with olive oil. Yum.
Once I added the sour cream in after I served up the soup in bowls. I just popped a spoonful in the middle of the soup. I also added in a zucchini to have more vegies and it basically disappeared…didn’t see it again.
Lamb Shank, Potato & Bean Casserole – Posted by Danni
4 meaty lamb shanks
2 tablespoons plain flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 carrot, diced
1 stick celery with leaves, finely diced
1 small onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 bay leaf
2-3 strips orange zest
500ml beef stock
400g can diced tomatoes
400g chat potatoes halved or quartered
100g green beans halved
Dust shanks with flour and add everything into the slow cooker. This recipe is meant for an oven for 2 hours so I guess 5 hours or so in the slow cooker – trial and error I guess!
Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe – Posted by Christy
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup (I just buy a healthy options cream of chicken)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup (one 2.5 ounce jar) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 16 ounces skinned and boned uncooked chicken breast, chopped
Spray a slow cooker container with cooking spray. In prepared container, combine chicken soup, skim milk, and undrained mushrooms. Stir in celery, onion and uncooked rice. Add chicken pieces. Mix well to combine. cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Mix well before serving. Serves 4.
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe – posted by Christy
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp ancho chilli’s chopped (I just use jalepeno in Australia because I can find it)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt & pepper
- EITHER 1 roast chook taken apart & thrown in, OR 800gm chopped chicken meat
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 avocado (chopped with lemon juice on it)
- 1 handful coriander chopped
- 6 corn tortillas (or 3 flour tortillas)
Put the stock, garlic, cumin, tomatos, bay leaves and salt and pepper in your slow cooker. Lightly colour your chicken with onion in fry pan until just sealed and pop in slow cooker, OR just pull apart your roast chicken and put in with onion. I put this in for 1 hour on high and then add corn and put on low for 2-4 hours depending on chicken meat.
10 minutes before serving, slice tortillas into 2cm strips and shallow fry in fry pan in olive oil or light canola oil and drain on kitchen paper.
To serve, put soup in bowl throw in 2 spoons of chopped avocado, tortilla strips and sprinkle with coriander. You ‘could’ put a dollop of sour cream over the top if you feel like it. Serve with warmed tortillas and butter, or you could serve with a small salad topped with capsicum, corn, black olives & guacamole. (thats for dinner tonight)
This is a very low fat slow cooker meal, just the tortilla’s frying would be the issue… so if you are on a diet you could bake the tortilla’s until they are crispy I suppose, or if you are lazy chuck in some tortilla chips (preferably corn tortilla).
Vegetable Soup Recipe – Posted by Kimashswan
- 1kg punnet mixed veg (butternut, baby marrow, petti pans, carrots, baby potatoes – they’re called “potjie (poy-kee) packs” here. Potjie is a stew we do in a cast iron pot over low coals.)
- 1 large butternut
- Approx 1/2 a shredded cabbage
- 2 packets minestrone (dry) soup, with water to mix per instruction extra water to cover the veggies
I put this on for 6 hours on high and stirred once or twice during the cooking time.
I mashed it roughly with a potato masher to break up the veggies, and then added 2 tins of Tomato and Onion mix, and 1 tin Baked Beans in tomato sauce. Stirred it all up. And my gosh, yummo! I have a 7 litre slow cooker.
Burgandy Chicken Casserole Recipe – posted by Kimashswan
- 8 chicken thighs, skinned
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 100 g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 packet Spicy Tomato & Onion Soup
- 350 ml water
- 75 ml red wine
- 15 ml tomato paste
- 5 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ml dried thyme
Place chicken pieces in slow cooker. Season and cover with onion, mushroom and red pepper.
Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook for about 6 hours on low. Remove chicken pieces and stir sauce before serving. Serves 4-6, freezes very well.
Beef & Mushroom Casserole Recipe – posted by Blackbird
- 2kg chuck steak
- 2 medium onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 medium mushrooms cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (normal will do)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 & 1/2 cups red wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
Cube, flour and seal the beef and put into slow cooker. In same frypan, fry onions and garlic til transluscent then add mushrooms. Cook 2 mins. Add paprika and tom paste, cook 2 mins. Add wine and simmer for a few mins to cook off alcohol. Add to beef in cooker as well as stock. Cook on low 6-8 hours and adjust seasoning at end.
Ratatouille Recipe – Posted by Blackbird
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 eggplants cut into 3cm dice (seems big but trust me)
- 2 med zucchinis sliced into 1cm rings
- 1 red and 1 green capsicum cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 × 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (I used 1 tspn dried)
- Salt & pepper
Place all ingredients except salt and pepper in slow cooker. Cook for 3-4 hrs on high or 6-7 hrs on low. Season to taste.
I also added about 2 tspns sugar towards the end – a chef friend taught me to do this with tomato dishes to help balance the acid.
Tasted great in a lamb tagine I made.
Hybrid Minestrone Recipe – Posted by Flea
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1/2 tin kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- Diced carrot
- Diced celery
- Sliced leek
- Chopped bacon
- Some chopped pumpkin (breaks down to nothing and just gives it a bit of body I find)
- Tablespoon or so of basil pesto
- 3/4 cup macaroni
- Salt and pepper
Bung it all in except for macaroni and cooked for about 7 hours. Put the macaroni in about 1/2 hour before you want to eat or it will go soggy. Had it with lots of cracked pepper, fresh parsley and parmesan. And cheese bread. YUM . Ingredients are very approximate, I really didn’t measure much. Oh and the best part is that my daughter laps it up and it’s full of vegies!
Lamb Casserole Recipe – posted by Kimashswan
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Approx. 1kg lamb knuckles (they work the best)
- 1 packet oxtail soup powder mixed with 500ml water
- 1 cup chutney
- 1kg frozen veg (i use broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and bean mix) i suppose you could use fresh as well, but then the cooking time would be a bit shorter i’d imagine.
Put onion into slow cooker (spread evenly)
Put lamb on top of it
Mix soup with chutney and pour over, making sure all meat is covered (i did use my 7 litre slow cooker)
Cook on low for 5 hours.
Put the mixed veg on top, don’t mix in.
Cook on low for another 3 hours, or till veg cooked.
Serve with rice or mash.
For more cooking and recipe ideas, or to contribute your own recipes and cooking tips, check out our Recipes & Cooking forum.
More Recipes & Cooking Articles
- Christmas Cupcakes – Starry Christmas Cupcakes
- Christmas Pudding – Last Minute Christmas Pudding
- How To Make Pancakes – Easy To Make Recipe | BellyBelly
- Vanilla Cupcake Recipe – Easy Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- Sausage and Sweet Potato Croquettes
- Meringue Recipe – A Gorgeous Gooey Fruit Meringue Recipe
- Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe – Turkey Stuffed Tomatoes
- Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe With Cherry Tomatoes and Broccoli
- Pizza Recipe – Easy Margherita Pizza Recipe
- Cheesecake Recipe – Dame Nellie’s No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- Quiche Recipe – Simple, Creamy Quiche Recipe
- Meatloaf Recipe – A Low Fat, Family Friendly Meatloaf Recipe
- Chocolate Mousse Recipe – Simple Chocolate Mousse
- Salmon Patties (Fish Cakes) & Home Made Tartare Sauce Recipe
- Spaghetti Bolognese – An Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- Cowboy Casserole – A Kid-Friendly, Pork Sausage Casserole
- Beef Casserole – Easy Beef Casserole Recipe
- Apple Pie Recipe – Yummy, Easy Apple Pie Recipe
- Spanish Style Fried Rice Recipe
- Apricot Chicken – A Delicious Apricot Chicken Recipe