Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adopt a baby website *may be distressing*

Default adopt a baby website *may be distressing*

I was googling foetal alcohol syndrome just now (it's on a TV medical show) and stumbled across a website with heaps of little babies and children with various medical conditions who need adopting. The all have a syndrome or illness of some sort - my heart is breaking!! I wish I could take them all! I know in my heart I am not the sort of person who would actually adopt a high needs child but how I wish I was. There are so many children who need someone to love them. Their sweet little faces and their stories are just too much!

Sorry don't know the purpose of this post. Just sad for them

Life is cruel to so many people. Orphaned children, children in poverty, children in need...

makes me sad too...

What country?? I wish it was easy to adopt. I would in a flash. A baby doesn't have to grow in your tummy to grow in your heart..

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

One can only hope that there is always someone waiting to love and care for each special needs child in our world, eternally and safely. If its not yourself, then someone else.

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

Quote Originally Posted by blessedatlast View Post
    A baby doesn't have to grow in your tummy to grow in your heart..
    What a lovely saying. xx

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I am watching Amazing medical stories its so sad to see some womans attitudes to drinking while pregnancy.

Sad about stories on website you found,

If you really want to help, you can check out Reece's Rainbow. They work with adoptions of special needs kids, and even if you can't adopt one yourself, you can donate to make it easier for another family to take that baby home.
    Google it.

Australia is extremely reluctant (read it's just about impossible) to allow international adoptions of special needs children. Pretty much the only exception to this rule is if you adopt overseas as an ex-pat, meaning you live overseas for at least 12 months and adopt the child whilst you are over there, in accordance with the law of that particular country.

Wow I'm gob smacked...
    I'm a weak one for babies that are left in this position...
    It's horrible and what these kids have to endure their whole lives kills me
    I'm the same I would want to take them all home and nurture them and love them with every inch of my being but I know I physically couldn't do it with the 4 I have..
    One question though what website is it? And is there somewhere here in Sydney you can go and volunteer to help these children?
    I would do it for sure but I think I would become attached for sure..

It is so sad that these children are left because of their short comings
    I would love to give them a loving home.

Cricket it was Reece's Rainbow I found...

Quote Originally Posted by Divvy View Post
    Australia is extremely reluctant (read it's just about impossible) to allow international adoptions of special needs children. Pretty much the only exception to this rule is if you adopt overseas as an ex-pat, meaning you live overseas for at least 12 months and adopt the child whilst you are over there, in accordance with the law of that particular country.
    So sad I would adopt a special needs child in a heartbeat.

Australia really needs to update it's laws on adoption. I think we are the only country that makes it nearly impossible to adopt at all. The current laws are so out of date and you can only start the adoption process through DOCS (in NSW) and we are limited to certain countries as well. Besides being so exxie they place other restrictions on couples as well. DF and I looked into adopting but all the countries Australia have an agreement with said that DF was to old. We are now having our 6th baby. Would have loved to have helped a child from overseas

It so sad, some of those kids have been waiting 3+ years to be adopted.

Why are the laws so strict here for adoption.. does anyone know what is required to be able to adopt off hand.. it is so so sad. I would do it in a heartbeat

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Roryrory View Post
    Cricket it was Reece's Rainbow I found...
    Small world - even in cyberspace. I also found their pictures heart breaking. I've been following a mom-blogger (MckMama) who has done some fundraising for them to help get babies adopted into families that want them, but are having trouble gathering the funds to take them home. (It costs $10,000+ from what I understand). It's nice to be able to do SOMETHING for these babies, even if you can't actually adopt one yourself.

ICA (Inter Country Adoption) have HUGE wait times (and these is after a couple of years of seminars, assessments, panel & finally formal approval). You would be looking at anything from 5 - 10 years before placement.

We were placed with a local baby adoption after 7 months of waiting (2 years of process before that) and we feel extremely blessed to have been chosen so soon.

In Australia there are many special needs children waiting to be placed under Permanent Care Orders. I suggest anyone seriously wanting to bring a special needs child into their home & heart to look into this. There is a stcky thread in this section with the links to the different departments in all states that I put together awhile ago. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

I dont know why i look at these things... i wish i could do something i really do.. it is so sad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast