Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: adopt a baby website *may be distressing*

Quote Originally Posted by lil_chookie View Post
    In Australia there are many special needs children waiting to be placed under Permanent Care Orders. I suggest anyone seriously wanting to bring a special needs child into their home & heart to look into this. There is a stcky thread in this section with the links to the different departments in all states that I put together awhile ago. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.
    I am currently pregnant with our third child and sadly I think it will be our last due to having to have a 3rd CS. My two daughters were born with special needs, my 2 year old has semi-significant needs however my 1 year olds needs are low, she was born with a heart defect that was repaired at birth and now it is just monitoring. In a few years time once our kids have grown a bit and we are sure with our decision to have no more of our own we will definatley be looking into permanent care. It has always been close to my heart.

Absolutly heartbreaking, I cant stop crying.. and so many little cleft bubbas, I want to take them all in.... :cry

Why, damn it, does it have to be hard and expensive to adopt?????

Oh how aweful! I wish my DH would let me adopt, its something I have wanted to do my whole life, adopt after I have my own children, ut I too admit I don't think I could take on a high need child unless God gave me one.

:-( Why is it so hard.

So far I've had NO luck having a baby of my own and I know if I could, I would take any one of these beautiful angels and love them until the end of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Butterfly View Post
    Why, damn it, does it have to be hard and expensive to adopt?????
    In Australia it costs very little take on a child under a Permanent Care order which is what most special needs children in this country will come under.

What I find so heart breaking is many oversea's children who have DS will leave what they refer to as the "Baby House" into a mental institution at around the age 6 where they have their head shaved and be tied to their cot, no toys and very limited physical contact. Many will simply just refuse to eat and die.

Reece's Rainbow is a wonderful site and I highly recommend people to have a look at the wonderful work they are doing to get these beautiful babies/children a loving family.

Tied to their cot? Are you kidding?? How is that legal?

I saw a documentary about orphanages in China and this is what they did over there. Also they were tied to chairs with potties underneath so catch any waste. It broke my heart to see this and we did look at adopting from there as I was so upset but DF was to old. He is not to old to have his own bio children but to old to adopt :shakeshead: and they went on his age and not mine (which is nearly 10 years younger). There was a lack of carers in the orphanages so this is what they did to the children so they knew where they were. Horrendous

Quote Originally Posted by C~Q View Post
    Tied to their cot? Are you kidding?? How is that legal?
    Women who give birth to babies with DS are encouraged to give their children up, these countries do not give financial support in regards to raising a beautiful DS child and they have very limited resources available. The mental insitutions are over crowded / under staffed and they can not look after the children so they are resorted to restraining them to their cots. It is heartbreaking.

I know it can be difficult to look at these tiny children tied up but the more the world becomes aware of this one day I hope it will end.

Having a special needs brother, this is something close to my heart too.. Those poor darlings
    I spent most of my childhood bringing up my brother. If only I could, I'd take one

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - even though I should be cleaning

Wow! I just saw this. I really wish I had the money to help one of these beautiful children.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12