Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My kids in care

Sorry I haven't updated in ages. Reunification is finally starting. They wanted to see me mentally stable for 6 months before returning my kids. It's stupid as the problem was pnd but nothing can be done about that. At least they are finally starting to come home. First visit at home will be Monday.

That's great news. Hope Monday comes quickly for you!

Fantastic!

I'm glad you are finally getting your babies back . I don't know how they think taking your kids would improve PND, it doesn't make sense. hope they are back with you full time asap .

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

Awesome news!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

That's wonderful!

That's great news!

Yay thats awesome news Damprye!

Great news - enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful news - hope you enjoy every minute of your kiddies visit on Monday.

that's awesome. I hope everything goes well. big hugs hun.

Sent from my Galaxy with the barefoot princess covering me in kisses, so please forgive the mistakes

wahoo! bring on Monday!!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    What the others have said - work with DOCS and other professionals you are dealing with. It may feel like everything is taking a really long time, but hang in there. I have known of some mums in your position who have gotten their children back sooner than they expected because of all the work that they did with DOCS and on getting themselves better. So do all that you can. You will get there.

Ask about getting EBM to your little one. Ring the ABA Helpline if you need help with this, as unfortunately some professionals and DOCS workers don't understand the importance of breastmilk for a young baby, and may not think this is a priority, but if you can do this, then I recommend that you do. Actually, if you are able to, expressing BM may help with your recovery because of the hormones that your body produces during let down.

GL.
    i had a similar response to your post - apart from the obvious, i am so sorry you are going thru this.

If you know your LO is having trouble with formula, i would research milkbanks (donated breastmilk) in your city, and ask whoever has care of him, if your bub could be given donated breastmilk (or yours, if you are able to do EBM).

Your post, you are obviously holding it together in extremely horrible conditions, my heart goes out to you. I hope the BS redtape gets cut soon.

I hope they are home for good soon! *hugs*

Thank you everyone

My littlest guy is now on soy formula and hasn't breastfed in three weeks now as I had surgery and the painkillers I was taking were not good for bub so I only expressed and tipped it down the sink for two weeks. I also had to say no every time he wanted booby. It is absolutely heart breaking as for the past week (after all the drugs were out of my system) I have been trying to feed but he now refuses it. I will keep expressing and I will keep offering it but my milk is almost gone now Once they are home though, for good, it should be easier to get him back attached. My big boy reattached 9 months after stopping so there is hope

One fantastic bit of news I have gotten is that I will still be able to become a foster parent as they themselves have said that my parenting skills are fantastic. PND is no reason for someone to not be able to foster. So now I'm really looking forwards to my business continuing to grow so that I can buy a nice big house and help other families in need as the lovely foster parents have for me and mine. There is such a great demand for carers and it makes me sad when children are failed as there are not enough carers. My eldest is on placement number 6 and it has caused great damage to him. I want to try and help avoid that happening to another child.

Oh, that's really interesting Dampyre, I thought that my mental health history would preclude us from fostering, but obviously I need to ask instead of assuming. You're right, it's horrible what the kids hafta go through because there aren't enough carers

Alittle ot- how do you make preparations to apply for becoming a foster parent? I would love to be one

Sent from my Galaxy with the barefoot princess covering me in kisses, so please forgive the mistakes

Great to hear you are all making progress and your babies will be home with you soon where they belong! I hope you continue to go from strength to strength. xx

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast