Thread: Anyone tried the bitti tutto?

Default Anyone tried the bitti tutto?

Thinking about this option for our next bub, but knowing how poor the itti bitti elastic is (we use them daily, and are currently in the process of replacing the elastic. Granted though, we have had most of them for a year), do you think an itti would even last from birth to toilet training?

Also has anyone tried them? They look like the perfect size for the middle settings, but the smalls would be very bulky? And the large looks a little... I dunno, but there's something about it, it doesn't look quite right...?

Any thoughts? We've never tried a OSFA before...

I've been thinking the same thing... Be interesting to see it in the 'flesh'...

I love IB's but I have constant problems with elastic in them so personally I wouldn't think that the tutto would last the whole time.

My DD's mediums were starting to lose the elastic after 6 months and I just noticed yesterday that one of her new large size (only 3 months old) is starting to lose elasticity.

I am glad to hear it is a general problem with the IB's - I thought I was doing something seriously wrong! How do you replace the elastic? At this rate there is no way that her large size are going to last another 1-2 years until she is TT!

I found a DIY on the Noonee Wilga site. Not sure I can post a link but if you go on there and on the left it has a DIY section, click on that and its the second link.

Just bumping this, has anyone tried them?

Yes we have one. It is trim compared to our other OSFM, even on my 4m old. I quite like the design and the gusset keeps everything in. I have loved my normal Ittis, but like everyone else, the elastic has definitely been an issue over time. I'm guessing it would be the same with the Tuttos. I'd maybe buy more, but only if they were on special.

Oh and just FYI, I have been really loving my pop-ins with this bub, as far as OSFM go.

I have 2 but am yet to try them. I have no idea how they work lol you seem to need a degree to know which snap goes where. I should have gotten a demo from the baby expo today! Tbh I haven't tried any of the osfm on a new bub. I didn't start with Em til she was 4 months. I have Bum Gs and cushie tushies from em that I'll try with the new bub plus the tutto. I've heard none of the osfm are ideal for new borns.

I have 2 and have been using them for about 2 months, since DS2 was 17 months old. The absorbency is good, but I think I would need a degree to work out how to put them on a newborn! With DS2, I do not need to shorten the rise, I just put the nappy on as is, ITMS? They are a good, slim fit.

I got one recently to have a play with, we had decided to go with the Blueberry OSFM, but I think the Tutto's are much better for a OSFM. They are nice and trim in the crotch and I love the snap ins- they come with 3 different boosters when you buy them which I think is just fantastic!

For those of you having trouble working out how to use them for little bubs, if you go on the Itti Bitti website, or the Baby Blossom website, I'm pretty sure there is a guide!

So in short, I love them and I think this is what we'll be buying for our bubba- I'm just hoping the quality of the elastic is better with these ones!

I find the absorbancy on mine good - I went out the other day & forgot to change him before we came home & he fell asleep in the car so I didn't change him for nearly 5 hrs (eeek) and no leaks. I did have all the boosters in. Its DS1's favorite nappy - if I ask him to grab a nappy for DS2 thats always the one he gets - could be because its blue & fluffy.

I like the extra wing snap too.

The microfiber boosters that came with it (special offer with the first lot) have only been used once - they feel yucky against my very dry skin.