Thread: BBH AIO sizing question???

Question BBH AIO sizing question???

Ahoy!

I've been looking into the BBH AIO for when bub is born, but If my baby isn't quite big enough to go straight into a small, (i've read somewhere they usually fit from 6 weeks), what do you do for the first 6 weeks? I realise they make a NB size, but it seems ridiculous paying so much when she wont be able to use them for long. I don't want to use disposables either, and I wouldn't have a clue when it comes to traditional cloth squares.

So i'm just wondering what everyone else who uses them has done in regards to sizing for a newborn or does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance
    Janine

you can use prefolds or flats in a fleece or PUL cover?
    Not sure my boys were both over 4.5kg so skipped NB and went straight in to smalls (and in one case medium )

Wow, go Ray Ray, champion baby growing efforts!

Sorry, I'm mainly just subscribing, I didn't put bub in cloth till 4 months and am curious about what to do for next one too. Apparently there are some website called nappycino and buy for bub or something like that that sell second hand nappies. Maybe they have cheaper newborn sized stuff on there?? I haven't ever looked at it so don't know about quality much, but am sure the other mum's will.

What I used was flanny squares and bamboo prefolds till she was big enough

If you get some bamboo prefolds then you can use them on a newborn and then later on as boosters in pocket nappies or just to lay in others that might need a bit more. Cotton prefolds are good for newborns and are cheaper than bamboo but don't have enough absorbancy to be used in a bigger bub or toddler so while they may be cheaper in comparison they aren't really able to be used for as long IYKWIM.

Cotton flanelette flats are good for newborns and get a lot of use later as burp cloths, change table liners etc.

I used a lot of prefolds and covers for Miss M, and also some sized fitteds and covers. I do have some small AIO's and they were good for about 6 months, so i did get my money worth there - plus will be using them for the next one, and they should be good quality to sell on to someone else.

Yup prefolds and pul covers here too.....i did use sposies for awhile but gradually started with the prefolds.....and now we are moving into the rest of his stash, so the prefolds will become extra stuffers, boosters and emergency use only

hmm.. thanks for the replies!

Will have to look into prefolds and pul covers I think... can anyone suggest brands or where to buy? I seriously have no idea!

i have avoided pul and gone with fleece or minky covers (Maz makes them - scope out her store in the MPM section, and she stocks at a couple of other stores) - they're so soft and breathe beautifully. we're using mostly flanellette flats with covers, and just testing out the other smaller sized nappies as she grows. so far her skinny little chicken legs don't fit real well into most of them, but she fits into her small widdlewuns and almost into small itti bitti's.

we also have a couple of kissluv contours that fit nicely, and nb happy heiny sherpas will fit for quite a while.

E was 8pd2 born and is 9pd1ish now

They fit, the BBH nappies actually ARE very small fitting on the newborn setting

With a good cover they will fit newborns fine We used size small Mother Ease Rikki covers which were wonderful. I think there is some on B4B atm. We also used flanny flats for the first couple of weeks too but gave up on them.

Thanks Briggsy's Girl... how many flats and covers would I need? also with Maz's covers, did you get small or newborn size as I see they come in both?

We use a combination of flats with plu covers and i have a few other nappies (i'm so new at this i don't know the correct terminology for them all).

I have bbh bamboo - they are really quite big and i didn't put them on my son until at least 6 weeks i think but i find them great for night time as so absorbant. A bit too bulky for during the day though

I have some itti bittis but i'm not having a whole lot of luck with those, he seems to wet through very quickly.

I just recently pruchased some bbh's... i think you'd call them all in ones and they are one size fits all. I have found these to be great, very absorbant and keep all the mess in. And not so bulky. I'll be getting a few more of these as soon as i have the $$

I have found flats are really easy they wash up and dry really quickly, i use them a lot.

For the first 6 weeks i used disposables as his bott was just so small and i was changing dirtry nappies soooo often.

I found the whole cloth nappy thing very daunting at first (never attempted it with DS1) but i'm loving it with DS2 and wish i'd thought about it back then.

Good luck i'm sure you'll find what works for you

Here is Ashton in the BBH bamboo at about 2 weeks old.
    Facebook | Error

We also used cute tooshies bamboo delights, found these great!! They are one size but go down very small

Cute tooshies in the first week Login | Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by missymoo84 View Post
    Here is Ashton in the BBH bamboo at about 2 weeks old.
    Facebook | Error

We also used cute tooshies bamboo delights, found these great!! They are one size but go down very small

Cute tooshies in the first week Login | Facebook
    What a gorgeous bub! how big was Ashton when born?

Quote Originally Posted by kirst29 View Post
    We use a combination of flats with plu covers and i have a few other nappies (i'm so new at this i don't know the correct terminology for them all).

I have bbh bamboo - they are really quite big and i didn't put them on my son until at least 6 weeks i think but i find them great for night time as so absorbant. A bit too bulky for during the day though

I have some itti bittis but i'm not having a whole lot of luck with those, he seems to wet through very quickly.

I just recently pruchased some bbh's... i think you'd call them all in ones and they are one size fits all. I have found these to be great, very absorbant and keep all the mess in. And not so bulky. I'll be getting a few more of these as soon as i have the $$

I have found flats are really easy they wash up and dry really quickly, i use them a lot.

For the first 6 weeks i used disposables as his bott was just so small and i was changing dirtry nappies soooo often.

I found the whole cloth nappy thing very daunting at first (never attempted it with DS1) but i'm loving it with DS2 and wish i'd thought about it back then.

Good luck i'm sure you'll find what works for you
    Yeah the BBH all in ones are what I want to use eventually, but I saw the one size fits all ones and they just seem so bulky on the newborn setting so I thought i'd go sized so they are a bit trimmer.

I think the way to go might be just to get a stash of small BBH All in Ones, plus have some flats or prefolds? with some covers that I can use straight away if the small AIO's don't fit.

It's all just so confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by Janine1511 View Post
    Thanks Briggsy's Girl... how many flats and covers would I need? also with Maz's covers, did you get small or newborn size as I see they come in both?
    i have nb - she still has heaps of room to grow in them! have about 2 dozen flats...

Yeah the BBH all in ones are what I want to use eventually, but I saw the one size fits all ones and they just seem so bulky on the newborn setting so I thought i'd go sized so they are a bit trimmer.
    Janine1511 that sounds like a good idea, smalls would probably get you through until bub was big enough to fit in one size fits all comfortably. My DS is almost 4 months and the one size seems to fit him quiet comfortably now

If not smalls use the flats with small covers, i found they fit really well.

hi well i personally like bum genius all in one diaper because you dont have to buy different diaper as ur baby grow it has a PUL outer as they can be adjusted to any size and are very easy to use but the only thing is that they take more time to dry

Default moscow will

Sorry to ask such a stupid-sounding question.... What are prefolds? And how do they work, where do you buy them etc?

I used flat terry towelling with my kids (had never heard of MCNs then, and wouldn't have had the money anyway! One of my besties sells BBH so I thought this time I'd support her business and buy a few AIOs, but size med as my kids tend to be born biggish, then don't grow a lot! But there will still be a few month before they fit and I was thinking a couple of fitted bbhs, and normal terry but prefolds sound like a popular choice.

Please fill me in!!!!