Thread: Are BBH Magic-Alls good,bad or ugly?

Default Are BBH Magic-Alls good,bad or ugly?

I saw some of these on the BBH website for $17 as they are deleting them and was wondering if they were ok value for money for our new baby when he/she is out of prefolds or boosters and covers? I haven't tried one before and if they are ok get a few before they sell out! Any reviews I read seem to relate to an older style that didn't seem very absorbent and didn't have the pocket and extra booster. Any idea??

Well I love them. I only use BBH Magicalls, BBH bamboo & itti bittis.

i love love love them the magicals are the BEST night nappy we use the booster with them. they are really easy to use but take a long time to dry. They are our favorites we have them and the one size fits all. but the magicals are far the better nappy as they absorb well more than the bamboo or hemp ones they make. Fantastic great value even for the normal price. We will be using them on our next bub. We have pockets and non pocket types, Snaps and velcro
    Last edited by squidipa; August 5th, 2009 at 07:46 AM.

We love our BBH Magicalls too. We have both smooth and minky ones and some newer ones with the pocket and some older without the pocket. I find they are all very very good although they do take a while to dry.

I've found the smaller sizes not worth it but medium and large have been fine. I think it has a lot to do with how big the boosters are or something.

I have heaps and they're great! No leaks yet! They do take a while to dry though. DD has been in mediums for a while now.

I think, like every other nappy, its whether it will suit your child, rather than if they are a good nappy.

They leaked with both my kids, so I hate them.. LOL

We use velcro and snap BBH overnight or if going out and terry flat with the BBH PUL cover during the day (because they dry quicker and are cheaper!) and they work really well for us. Second what Arimeh said about them suiting your bubba though - my original batch of magicals were given to my by a friend who said they leaked profusely on her baby, but they have been fine for us. Thanks for letting me know about the sale, I've just picked up a few extras!!

Tish
    xx

Thanks all. I know what you are saying Arimeh and Tish about suiting individual bubs as I have had issues with many other brands not being the right fit for DD but figured that for the price it might be worth the risk!

I have one - no leaks yet, so I'm happy with it. It does take ages to dry though... longer than most of my other MCNs.

Just to add my bit - my DD has teeny thighs but a decent tummy so we went through an awkward time where small magicalls were too small but I couldn't get mediums to fit her well enough so they didn't leak round the legs. I also find the smooth velcros are the best for getting a tight fit on her shape. So I second those who said to keep bub's shape in mind.

I have bought a couple since they are on sale. I don't have a baby to try them on yet though, so will wait and see if they work out!

We dont like them on DD but I have around a dozen of them so I have put them away for the next one