Thread: Best Night time Nappy?

Default Best Night time Nappy?

Hi all,

Okay so i started DD on MCN 2 days ago.

First night she was in Bumgenius pocket with both boosters/stuffing things inserted. She didnt get a leak YAY!

Last night I put her in itti bitti snap in one with both inserts (bamboo trifolded). Leaked all the way through!!!

btw this is from 8pm to 6am.

Im waiting for my bbh bamboo with wool cover (after reading some of the opinions in another post, this seems highly recommended)

Q1: Is it bad to put DD in bumgenius all throughout the night as PUL wont let her bum breathe?

Q2: Im guessing itti bitti is not a night time nappy, how long do they generally hold for?

Q2: From the following which is the best night time nappy? hautes beathables, bbh aio, bbh bamboo + PUL cover, bbh bamboo + wool, happy heiny, bum genius, itti bitti sewn in one as opposed to snap in one

THANK YOU!!!

BBH Bamboo with wool cover is the best in your stash for night time

i love my wildchild night nappies and woolen shorties!

I have recently purchased a night nappy form Panda Baby and it is wonderful! not just the nappy but the whole service! highly recomended!
    But BBH work well in both bamboo and AIOs! I think Itti bitti will have a night nappy soon! Cant wait!

Good luck!

Just a question - how many washes did you give the Ittis before trying them for that long? Just cos it takes several washes to get to their full absorbency...

I use the following in our night nappies for DS:-
    Snoozywuns, Good Night Sleep Tight and Green Kids (the Minky ones are for nighttime use especially). Oh and I have a Sandman as well.

I don't often use BBB (unless I've run out of others) because i don't like him feeling that wet for that long - it causes nappy rash for him. Whereas the green kids draws the moisture away from him...

I've washed the itti bitti twice. I htink the instructions said 2 - 3 times for increase absorbancy. Does that mean i should try them again after a couple of washes for night time or itti bitti is just not a night nappy?

Ill wash it agian to see if it makes a difference.

Definately Snoozywuns here! (from widdlewuns)

The best night nappy i have found is the GK ANY TIME with an extra booster. my dd is a heavy wetter and these have only ever leaked once and she wears a GK every night for bed!

I could boost a BG and it would work i think!

Itti;s are not made for night, so i wouldnt trust them...they are releasing a night nappy soon! (but im told it will need a cover!)

ive heard sandman is good too but i dont have any so cant comment there.

we use sandmans with shorties at night. dd is on continuous feeds over night and while she wets through the sandman, the woolies act the barrier. so im really happy with it. shes such a heavy wetter, nothing else comes even close!!