Thread: BumGenius

Default BumGenius

Anyone have any reviews on BumGenius nappies? I was given one and I really like it, I'm considering getting a few more. Any feedback on them would be great

We found them ok but they needed extra boosting pretty quickly (E is a heavy wetter) and, from memory, she worked out how to undo the Velcro fastening very quickly so we switched to using snap fastening nappies full time at about 7 months (summer so she was in nappies and not much else). She didn't have the strength at that point to undo them.

still on the teaching contract roundabout

Didn't mind them - was happy with them until I got tired of stuffing different brands of pockets (settled on keeping green kids as they had bamboo boosters) and discovered itti bittis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so sorry if I'm confusing you

I got one too and loved it, but then ended up getting a lot of GK's which I loved even more! I like the way the GK elastic back worked a bit better than the flappy bit on the BG's but that is just me!

I used bum genius (about half my stash 6 or so)with DD and loved them, the only negative have to say is that after 2 years of use on DD the leg elastic is a bit shot and they leak on DS. But I don't know if any nappy would survive any better. My Green Kids are just the same on DS at moment but elastic does feel more springy.

We use a mix of BumGenius and BBH and are pretty happy with them, just ordered another dozen actually! I like how trim they are under his clothes while the BBH are pretty bulky. After over 2 years of use the elastic is stretched but we got a lot of use out of them! I believe you can now get a kit to replace elastic and velcro tabs too.

I have tried a few different nappies but BG are all that I use now. I really like them, simple and straight forward. I have a heap that DD1 used but she is TT now and I've tried using them on DD2 but the leg elastic has stretched to 2 year old leg size and they leak on my 4kg little one. I don't know if that is a problem with the nappy as such, I'm thinking most elasticated nappies would do a similar thing if you tried to use them on a 4kg baby after a 2 year old? Not sure? Anyway there are tutorials out there on YouTube for replacing the elastics so I'm going to do that The stretched ones are 3.0 version which are a bit trickier to fix, the 4.0 version (which I also have some of) have a change in them to make replacing the elastic easier.
    But overall love the BGs and DH happily uses them also.

We used them here too and I'm a fan, sold the ones I had onto a friend who loves them as well.

I found htem pretty good. The velcro gets very sticky though and I had to clean the tabs out a lot. after 3 years of heavy use the pul broke down and the outer parts had to be thrown out.

The one I have has studs, are they all Velcro now? Because DD will pull at that, she does with sposies.

mine would be old ones - bought several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinZulu View Post
    The one I have has studs, are they all Velcro now? Because DD will pull at that, she does with sposies.
    Nah, if you buy them new you just choose velcro or studs, what ever you prefer.

i have a full time pack of BGs and love them. they have done DD1 full time and DD2 part time (she uses a mix of sposies, Ecobots, and BGs). i love them

another BG lover! Have been using them, BBH MagicAlls and Bambooty AIOs for 10weeks now - haven't yet had a leak from BG or Bambootys. Love how quick drying they are I have them with snaps rather than Velcro.

I brought 20 in 2006 used them full time. Elastic got stretched. I then used them with ds and there ended up being no elastic left. I replaced it, not that hard. And dd3 is still wearing them. I do have some bbh but like someone else said the bg are so slim line under clothes. Yes there are times when they undo their nappy but that get over that.

All in all they have lasted beautifully for full time 2 children and part time dd3. They saved me millions of $$ in disposables.

The elastic does get stretched but it is ridiculously easy to fix!! Google and your sewing machine is your friend Our entire stash is mostly BumG's that others were tossing because of the elastic issue, we just fixed those up and away we went, havent had a leakage problem since. They are our workhorse nappy. We prefer the velcro to the snaps as we have one thunder thighs and one skinny mini, so we can adjust to suit both a lot easier. Only one of our girls has worked out how to get them off lol.

oh we have velcro too. no probs really...there was a short-lived phase where DD1 and DD2 would tear them off, but TBH i found it terribly funny and loved that they loved going nudie rudie up and down the hallway lol.