Thread: Bumgenius Organic OS AIO on newborn?

Default Bumgenius Organic OS AIO on newborn?

Hello all, I have been lurking for a while!

My first bub is due in April and I have just purchased 24 Bumgenius Organic One Size AIOs. Will they actually fit a newborn? I didn't really want to purchase any more nappies, my hubby would freak! Can I use a cover on them if they arent snug enough? Will I need to purchase some boosters/doublers for night time even tho they are an AIO? Will I need a cover or soaker for night time? And lastly should I bother with flushable liners for the first poos? Or would it be safe to think they will wash up fine?

Aargh! I have so much to learn.
    Thanks

Will they actually fit a newborn?
    My one size fits all don't fit my newborn- far too bulky!

Can I use a cover on them if they arent snug enough?
    You can but will only add to the bulk and newborn clothing doesn't accommodate for cloth nappies as it is!

Will I need to purchase some boosters/doublers for night time even tho they are an AIO?
    Not for a newborn I wouldn't think. They don't wee that much!

Will I need a cover or soaker for night time?
    You will change thru the night anyway so not for a newborn.

And lastly should I bother with flushable liners for the first poos?
    For the first few days I would use disposables but after that you will be fine.

Or would it be safe to think they will wash up fine?
    Breastfeeding poos stain in the wash but then the stains disappear once they have been on the line in the sun.

I have MCNs for my DS but still have him in disposables due to the size of the MCNs and he is a big baby!

Hi,
    I have not used my OS AIO BG on a newborn, just started using it (my stash has one of different brands as I did not know what I would like or would fit ds), when DS was 4.5 months old (about 6kg) - but would agree with everything that KatieRabbit said...I think it would be too bulky for a newborn esp a little one! Love the BG, BUT the AIO does take longer than everything elseo I have to dry, but it is more a prob for me as I'm only part time MCN and so have limited numbers overall.

One thing I would suggest is to get some cloth liners (eg bamboo velour) ones to protect the inside from poo stains - I use them on all my MCN - it makes getting the poo into the loo that much easier! I tried the flushable ones but found them too rough on ds backside, so had some made up (thanks maz).

Good luck with them - the BG AIO is so easy to use though, I do love it!
    FG

Hey Hun, I have the BG 3.0 so will answer based on my experience so far

Will they actually fit a newborn?
    Yes, i didn't find them too bulky with the NB liner but then I don't know any difference

Can I use a cover on them if they arent snug enough?
    I didn't need too

Will I need to purchase some boosters/doublers for night time even tho they are an AIO?
    DD wees a lot and from the time she was 2 weeks old we were using the liner that folds over IYKWIM rather than the NB liner for night time - she started sleeping longer through the night when we did this.

Will I need a cover or soaker for night time?
    Not sure if these have the water proof outer, if so then no

And lastly should I bother with flushable liners for the first poos?
    Nah - just a good rinse is all they need but if you want to get sposie liners then go for it - we got a bulk roll and I refuse to use them NB poo isn't that bad.

Or would it be safe to think they will wash up fine?
    Providing you give them a really good rinse they shouldn't stain. FWIW when DH changes pooy naps his have left stains (the sun bleaches these) I am yet to have any stains.

DD was born 3.6 kg and has only ever been in my BG 3.0 I love them and think they are awesome. I do find the larger boosters (not the NB ones) a bit bulky on her but its only at night time and its just a personal preference thing she still moves freely enough etc.

Best of luck hun

Nae x