Thread: Convince me I want/need to buy these MCN's!

Default Convince me I want/need to buy these MCN's!

Have been offered to buy 7 brand new MCN's, not sure what brand, but have seen photos and they are very funky colours! In newborn & small sizes. I had kind of already made the decision to use cloth nappies anyway, and have some on lay-by at Target, but that doesn't matter because I will probably end up using them anyway, and they can always be used for burp cloths etc. Have been offered a great price for them, if I'm right, to buy from a store they cost $20 + so on that side of things I am ready to jump up and say yes I'll take them. What are the other advantages of MCN's vs normal terry towelling nappies that you have to fold/wrap, I don't really know much about either of them, just that I wasn't too keen on using sposies, mainly because of the price!

What kind of nappies are they eg. what brand?

Cos some brands are really crap (and cheap) and you get what you pay for really. No good paying money out for some brand that just doesn't work the way that it should ya know. Better to pay the cash and get some reputable brands behind you that will work, so you don't get turned off using cloth.

Having said that, if they are reputable brands - go for it.

I have AIO's that I use for the kids at daycare, and when they go to nanny's and stuff like that, just cos you don't have to do anything else with them, so they are much like a disposable.

Chuck it on - when soiled, chuck it in the washing machine. Doesn't get any easier than that!

They are heaps cuter!

I wouldn't worry that having 7 MCN will mean you won't end up using your terry flats. For a newborn 7 nappies are only about half a day's worth! They poop so often you can end up changing them 10 to 20 times a day. So go for it, you'll get plenty of use of both them and your terry flats.

Im a good old fashioned Terry Flats supporter!

However those mcn to look cute - but are a bit too confusing for me!

Do a little more research hun. Find out the brand and what they are made of. I personally dont have the energy for full time terry flats, but MCN have done us well for the past 9 months.

definatly research the brand first...
    what happens if you buy all of them and the 'fit' isn't quite right for your bub?? then you are stuck with a whole heap and unless they are a well known good re-selling brand you will be stuck with them.....
    let us know how you go...

They are baby beehinds, from what I've read they are a fairly decent brand? There are only 7 of them, and it's not like I'm paying brand new prices for them, so if they don't work out it's not a huge amount of money to lose...besides, they are just too cute to resist

You're pretty safe. Baby beehinds is a reputable brand, and works for most people. They don't work for us personally, but I know they work for a lot of people. The AIO's anyway - the fitteds are brilliant and very much loved here.

well BBH are a reputable nappy so you definatly won't be wasting your money and they have an excellent re-sale reputation...

I agree hun, Get them!!!!

I just wanted to let you know that we use bbh here (the magicalls) and love them. We haven't had any leaks or anything so I'm very happy oh and they are so easy to use/wash etc. Also check out ebay as they have some that are cheaper than $20. This is where I bought mine from and also free postage

what are MCN's??? sorry new to this but looking into using cloth nappies

kel - MCN's are modern cloth nappies

there are many types, but they are kinda the cloth alternative to sposies - a lot are shaped the same as sposies and they make life a lot easier for cloth users

thanx heaps for that i thought so but glad i cleared it up..

they look great, thinking i may go cloth for next bubba