Thread: Cushie Tushies on a newborn

Default Cushie Tushies on a newborn

Hiya,

I am due in 7 weeks and am just about to get my nappy layby off but now I'm starting to panick a little, I got 21 nappies all up, mostly cushie tushie coutures, a couple of the basixs and a couple of mummys touch all are OSFA . They are absolutly gorgeous but i;m so worried they won't fit when bub is first born!!?? I've aready spent a fortune and can't really afford another stash...anyone used the cushie tushies on a newborn?? And do clothes fit over them very easily??

Thanks!

I used cushie tushies on Palmer from day 1.

Worked a dream...never had a leak yet.

It just takes a little practise finding the best way to do them up for your individual baby.

As said before...I swear by cushie tushies, they are a dream.

It does make their bum a little bigger but 9 times out of 10 I haven't had a problem fitting clothes over them.

I actually don't like them at all. I brought 4 new and ... well they are the absolute last ones i'll grab

I would NEVER reccomend getting a whole stash on nappies you've not tried before. Babies are all different, their shapes are all different and what works for some wont work for others.

I really hope they are good for you!

Nate's been wearing them since day 2. You just fold the front over so they are a shorter rise.
    I might suggest investing in a couple of PUL covers though. I know they don't need them, but newborn poo goes everywhere, and like Missymoo, I've never had much success with mine.

P never had runny explosive newborn poo becuase she is not breastfed, so I can't say I've had any experience with cloth nappies and 'normal' poo :-)

i have used cushie tushies on ds3 since he was about a week old and never had any drama's with it

I'm not a fan of CTs but second the advice to get some PUL covers, I have found that the CTs become useful only when I use a cover with them, otherwise they leak and I get wing droop with them.

Hope they are a dream for you though! GL with your new baby, how exciting!!

I find the legs of CTs are really big. My DD is very chubby and still now they aren't snug around the legs and she's almost 6 months.

double post. disregard.

I've mostly used blueberry's and swaddlebees...some OSFA and some sized....I find that the blueberry's OSFA are the best as a night nappy...my daughter is now 6 months...I've just started demonstrating ALL sorts/brands of MCN...including Cushie Tushies...and I have been playing with the cushie tushies abit...prior to receiving my CT fluffy mail, I have surfed the net to see what ppl have said and I got of alot negativity regarding leakage...too bulky...rah rah rah...and I was unsure. But now I LOVE THEM! they are so lush and soft, but bulky!? I dunno...maybe compared to an itti bitti, which I have too...but how can you compare a sized nappy to an OSFA!? I just dont get it.

You need to compare apples with apples...and for me...bb minky osfa and ct couture osfa would be a good comparison..I would say there's less bulk on the ct....because the inserts for bb is bigger...and i had NO problem fitting my daughter in the bb.

All you need to do is get the newborn fold right...my daughter still fits in the nappy with the newborn fold...she's not overly chubby! I was trying the nappy on her in many ways to get the fit right...they are gorgeous! the fact that the AIO part (without the boosters) are not that bulky! and the boosters are rather slim...make them very manageable on my little girls bott. You must have a play with all your nappies at first...and while they grow in size...seriously it's just practise makes perfect...I guarantee you...leakages have happened to ALL regardless of type/brand of nappy.

And besides, Tash...you are on your last leg of pregnancy! relax...enjoy the kicks and please do not stress yourself about whether you have the right nappies...you've bought them now...just spend abit of time learning how to use them after...you can get alot of opinions online regarding what other's have experienced blah blah...at the end of the day..every child is different...every nappy is different...I bought my entire stash of swaddlebees and blueberry's...based on....guess what?...a SALE! (typical woman) but hey I LOVE them...it was abit scarey at first...transitioning from disposables to cloth (we had to get rid of newborn disposables we received as gifts)....there were accidents here and there...and now...we have had no accidents at all...not even if I used the cushie tushies for the first time...that couture nappy you can easily find all sorts of neg feedback on...leakage...bad fit...rah rah rah...well those ppl could kiss her minky pink white polka dot/bumblee leakage free bubblebott haha and hey...HOW CUTE do babies look with a bubblebum!?

I've never had problems fitting mine in a onsie...jeans...maybe...but hey you'd have to be insane to try and put jeans on a infant...it's too uncomfortable for one haha

So seriously...relax!! and just enjoy yourself...and give your tummy alot of cuddles

Thanks everyone for your replies! I got them off layby and have had a fiddle, seems you can fold the front down quite a bit to get the leg holes smaller and I guess just do em up tight???!! They are so so cute, so I have my finger crossed! only 5ish weeks and I will see!! Thanks again!

i just got one of my first cushie tushies and we have to fold it down still but only just i like them i think their awesome definately give them a few washes first to get the most absorbancy out of them
    im planning on getting more coz we are ttc #2

Just a quick update!! I had a beautiful boy!! We named him Zander John, born 9lb 1oz 12 days late, so I didn't have to worry too much about him being so small for the nappies!! We started using them as soon as his belly button clamp fell off. Using newborn fold and they just about leaked every time!!BUT now I tried doing them up just one tighter and they are perfect, haven't had a leak since! (And he is a pretty heavy wetter) I just love his big bubble butt!

Congrats on your little boy