Thread: Does this sound ok?

Default Does this sound ok?

I've found some AIOs on ebay that look pretty good. WAHM, pretty good price, one size, AIO so exactly what I'm looking for. I just want to see if they sound okay before I buy them (they're in a lot of 6 or 12).

* All in one pocket nappy
    * PUL waterproof outer
    * Snaps
    * Fleece lining that is made of 75% cotton and 25% polyester serves to wick the moisture away from baby's skin.
    * 50cm long hemp booster that can be folded in half to double the absorption.

Sounds ok Sarah. Ticks all the box's.
    I am just a little wary of ebay nappies. I have heard great things and then not so great things. I would ask in the cloth nappy thread, maybe one of the girls has bought from the same seller.
    You want the quality to be excelllent so they last, no point spending the money if they are just going to wear out.
    JMO- But i prefer bamboo to hemp. I find hemp gets a bit smelly. But it might just be me.

Are they an all in one or a pocket?? Weird.

Otherwise they sound fine- 6 could be okay to try. I personally don't like snaps though as on the nappies we have they never seem to be in the right place.

Oh yea, deinately sounds like a pocket nappy........

All in one cos you don't need a cover, but pocket cos the absorbing bit (booster?? don't know the lingo yet!) comes out, so both? Or is that an AI2 nappy?? Might hit the napy thread & find out!

So snaps aren't good? I thought they'd be better cos they can't be undone with bigger babies....

Thanks guys.

Sarah, i love snaps as they can't be undone by a 2.5yo and I haven't had any problems with them being in the wrong place. They are better than velcro as they don't pick up fluff in the wash.

Snap's V velcro is one of those ongoing debates, it is really what suits you best. And people will argue black and blue for each side.
    I like a combo, i think aplix fits slightly better when DD is between snaps, but i am sure as DD gets older i will like snaps better! I do like like the snaps better in the wash.

Technically, if it needs stuffing, it is not an AIO. A true all in one goes straight from the line onto baby's bum with no steps in between.

Having said that Swaddlebees make a pocket all in one, the pocket is for extra boosting. But i would never use mine without extra boosting, so i guess it is an all in one, just not an absorbent one. Am i making any sense??

Sarah, I like aplix best, I find that often the snaps are 'inbetween' too, but beggars can't be choosers Like Ange, I have a combo and that works for us.

For the record, pockets don't need covers either, but you do have to pull the absorbent bit out before washing, and then stuff it back in before using again. But that just means that they dry so much faster!!! And really, stuffing is so quick and easy

Having said that Swaddlebees make a pocket all in one, the pocket is for extra boosting. But i would never use mine without extra boosting, so i guess it is an all in one, just not an absorbent one. Am i making any sense

BBH do aswell. I use mine during to day with no extra booster and at night use two.

I too use a mix of velcro and snaps and velcro is easier for DH but I prefer snaps in the washing.