Thread: Help, my Cushie Tushies are fluffy

Default Help, my Cushie Tushies are fluffy

I am getting my nappy stash all pre washed and ready to use on bub. Today was the Cushie Tushies turn.

After the first wash they came out all fluffy like they were covered in cotton wool or something. It could be wiped off but there was so much on all the nappies (especially showed up on the darker colours) that i wasnt going to waste my time in case it happened again. I must mention that it was only the Basix not the Couture that got fluffy.

After they had line dried i washed them for the 2nd time and it was even worse. Its not pilling as it can be brushed off but i just want to know - is this normal??

I plan to do a 3rd wash tomorrow but will it eventually stop if i just keep washing them or are they fluffy nappies?

Its not my washing machine either - checked that

Thanks

Hun

i have not have this happened to myself.. are they the old basix or the new ones?

what colour is the fluff?

Thanks for replying Beatrix

Oh, i dont know if they are old or new. I got them a few months ago - i think they are the older ones cause the new ones are pastel arent they?

I have mainly darker colours and the fluff is a lighter colour - you can see it realy bad on the darker ones, its also on the liners. Its only on the soft outside material side of the basix and one of my couture has the same material on the inside and its covered also.

Maybe i have done something since its never happened before but i cant think what? I washed them with some Itti Bitties and a couple of BBHB and they are fine, no fluff there.

Hopefully you can help

*Bump*

Kristy My WM is a stupid one that doesnt have a lint filter, so I get this on absolutely everything. Microfleece (the fabric used on the outer of the basix and the inner of the coutures and new basix) does pill and fluff regularly for me, but I tend to quickly brush it off or just dont worry about it. It does not affect the functionality of the nappies. The newer ones I am finding better, the Microfleece is smoother.

The older style Basix have flannelette inners. The boosters are not sewn in on the snap version on the older ones whereas they are on the newer ones. It is possible that is they are the older style it could be coming from the inner and spreading to the outer and attaching to the MF.

Throwing them in the dryer for 1 or 2 washes may also help. The dryer always finds more lint than the washing machine, and the static in the dryer tends to help it not to stick to the clothes.

I am getting some pilling on the outer of some of my minky coutures, but it is really easy to remove with a lint shaver.

Thanks a million.

Washed them again today and i thought about throwing them in the dryer for a bit to try to remove the lint. Will do this tonight after another wash.

As for it not effecting the function - thats great!

It does brush off quiet easily but i can see it getting tiring after a doing a few

Thanks again for explaining, will be trying the dryer out tonight