Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itti Bitti D'lish or BumGenius One Size Nappy.

Default Itti Bitti D'lish or BumGenius One Size Nappy.

I am wanting to change my DD over to cloth. I tried the good old Flannalette and Terry but had leaks galore.
    I have no idea about the modern cloth nappy but I have decided to go with either the Itti Bitti D'lish or BumGenius One Size Nappy.
    I believe that these are both AIO's that do not require covers? (extra boosters an option though)
    I would like to hear from any Mums using these 2 brands to tell me what they think before I buy.
    I was thinking of buying a 6 pack to start with, will that last one day on a 4 month oldor am I pushing my luck? Don't want to buy to many for them not to work!

Thankyou for your help in advance!

Deanne

Ive not tried the Itti's..but i swear by my Bumg's! I love them. Good fit on my 2 DD's and an easy nappy to use.

I love Itti's! Have had several (both fitted and snap in AIO and now D'lish) over the last couple of years and found them to have excellent resale value. I sold them off when Caleb grew out of them and bought the next size up. Had I known there would be another bub for me I would have kept them

Have found the BumG to not last the distance as far as elastic and looking tatty goes but the ones I have are the version1 and version2. They still work but I'm lucky I can sew and can fix them which I will be doing shortly.
    There is version3 BumG out now which may have been made more reliable but I won't be buying any.

What kind of cover and boosting are you using for your flanny flats hon?

Bum G's....good fit...I think they dont last along time compared to the Itti bittis.

My childrens skin react to the Bum g's aswell so keep that in mind if you have a child with senitive skin issues

My advice would be to go to buy for baby and have a look around. Its a second hand nappy site were you can purchase nappys at sometimes half the price. Its a great way to try them out and see what works for you without the big $$$ involved. then when you have found the right nappy you can go and buy brand new.

Kimbaz has an excellent stocked shop of all different types of nappys...go and click on her signature and have a look. IM pretty sure she offers layby aswell.

Oh and another piece of advice.....dont buy all the same nappy hon....every baby is different and what works for me might not work for you. there are so many different wonderful nappys out there...and the fun thing is shopping for them

ETA - hon 6 nappies will last you one day....what are you going to do they are hanging on the line after being washed (they take upto a day some times 2 to dry)

Ittis!!!!!

I like both - but have more itti's. I think I like them better cos they look cuter!! lol

however - bumg's are a higher rise - so better for nap times with my tummy sleeper!!

Glad you posted this MatildasMummy.

I was going to ask the same thing! Im new to MCN and am very excited.

Reading on the forums, it seems diff nappies are well fitted to diff babies. So I am looking around for some bargains to see what nappy fits DD most.

itty bitty has a starter pack 2 nappies and a booster for $49.95. I'll order some to try.

I have just bought some BBH, Pocket Change and Happy Hieny to try out too

BBH - $15 off ebay
    Pocket Change - Darling Downs $17.50 (there is only small in marigold =(
    Happy Heiny - Darling Downs $25

Nuture nappies have bumgenis All in ones for $19.

LOL sorry if it steered off topic a bit, just a little excited!!!!! =)

BTW, if you find any bargain sites for BumGenis pocket (not the all in ones) can you let me know? I want to try them out too.

Cheers!

Thankyou for all of your replies, I think that I might buy a 6 pack of Itti bitti d'lish to try. I am planning on hopefully alternating cloth with disposables just to test them and then buy another 6 pack then another until I have enough...

Will I need to buy boosters as well? If so, they offer mini bamboo boosters, mini microfibre boosters and bamboo inserts (these cost ALOT more) which ones do you think might be better? I do plan on using at night in the long run.

Also, what is the difference between the AIO 'sewn-in' and 'snap in' I assume it is the booster that is sewn or snapped in but what is the purpose of it?

Sorry a bit clueless with these modern nappies!

For anyone interested I notice that itti bitti sells seconds (sewn-in) for $21.50 - thats $6 off, only very minimal choices, might be ok to trial though...

OK.....stay with me babe

sew ins...are when teh booster is attatched via being sewn in and doesnt come off at all
    Snap ins are an Ittib bitti shell with a snap in booster at the front and back...makes for quicker drying (my favs atm) id get the extra little bamboo booster..its worth it. And you cant tell the difference with the seconds...vie got quiet a few at they are jsut as good as the first qualities....

A good work horse night nappy is a baby beehind bamboo hon...Itti Bitti's wont do the trick for over night. The good thing about the baby beehinds is that they are a one size fits all so you will never need to buy more (unless the itch gets you ) and from memory if you go tot he web site there is a sale on BBH in the colours because they are no longer making them (ithink pinjk and orange are still available)...I have used my BBH with both my little ones and the oldest ones are now over 2 years old and still going strong.

Im going to PM you so dont go making a purchase yet

I haven't tried itti's but I have never had a leak with bumgenius.They have been fantastic for my DS.
    I have found the new BBH minky nappies to be great, realty easy nappies and good value.

Maz,

If I get a couple of BBH Bamboo Nappies to try for night do I need extra boosters? Also what covers the PUL or Wool covers from BBH?

Do the covers dry quickly? Would 2 be enough to start with?

As clueless as I sound I do really feel like I am getting somewhere!

Thanks for all of your help.

The BBH's come with 2 boosters...a long one and a short one. Leave both of them in the nappy for night time wear. For night time use wool or fleece covers as the urine evaporates and allows your babies bum to breath. BUT if you use wool..you need to lanolise it (make it water proof) were fleece you can just wash and go. Dont get me wrong...vie got PUL covers but I tend to use them for daytime use only because bub gets more changes through the day then at night.

Hope thats helped

I bit the bullet and have bought a 6 pack of Bitti D'lish - seems that the mummies in here love them, and can't really find a bad review!

A couple people have said that the BG are great but do not wear well long term (start looking a bit shabby) and as I want to have more kids, hopefully soon, it is not the right nappy for me.

I will also follow Maz's advise and buy a couple of BBH Bamboo for night time.

Lets just see how I go with them and then I can expand... I might just become a cloth nappie pro yet!

Thankyou everyone for your help

Phoenix - let me know how you go with all of the brands that you have purchased and good luck.

Ohh and I will let you know what I think once I have tried them
    Last edited by DaintreeDream; September 22nd, 2008 at 09:03 AM.

we use the Bum Genius pockets. they have stood the distance and we have no complaints! easy to wash, easy to use and we havent had any leakage issues.

Can't really agree thus far with BG looking shabby. we have used ours everyday for the last 12+ months and they look good as new. including the liners...ITH.

Ittis and BG are my FAV BRANDS

BG are great, i have NEVER had any leaks, or any problems, they dry fast and abosrb really well. I think the ONE SIZE IS great for value and would also sit on a newborn quiet well (im keeping them for no#2 4 sure!)

Ittis are my all time fav, the Itti Bitti D'lish (furry ones!) i find are the best and look GREAT and my DD wears these all the time with baby legs to show them off, the Itti Classics adn Funked Up are great too, they work out a bit more expensive due to having sizes not OSFA but are a GREAT nappy, wash really well and really easily, dry pretty fast too i have mostly AIO and a couple of Snap Ins and i prefer the AIO for ease of putting it all together and i dont think it adds to drying time at all.

ON the topic of BG wearing out, i think the old V.2.0 had some elastic and velcro issues, but V.3.0 the most recent they seem to have fixed these problems. Def worth a buy

good luck

I recieved my Bitti Dlish's and I love them!

My DD's first poo did come out the side, but she hadn't pooed in 2 days and she managed to do it sideways in her nappy since then, making sure that it is straight user error , I haven't had a leak and all poos have stayed where they should be!

I have just ordered some BBH Bamboos from Kim for night time, just needs some covers.

Then I plan to try some BG one size as well. For the moment I am happy with the Ittis Bittis and the snap in is a great idea, I think that I will buy extra snap in booster sets instead of complete nappies and it works out cheaper.

Thanks again for all of your help

Deanne.

Deanne - I am watching this thread with great interest
    My little one is on its way - considering similar nappies to you hun - bumg,
    BBH & itti bittis.
    Keep us up to date on how you go if you can.
    Anna

I've tried both itti bitti and Bumg and I loveeeeeeeee Bumgenius. They fit DD perfectly (her build is high bum, chubby legs, 6.9kg). itti bitti was a bit low for her and somehow she doesnt react well to them.

She reacts very well to Bumg and i can put her in all throughout the night with no leakage, itti bitti leaked all the way through.

Gosh Im loving this new MCN world though, if only i can learn how to control my spending >.<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast