Thread: Liners, inserts, boosters... AARRGGHH!!!

Question Liners, inserts, boosters... AARRGGHH!!!

Ok, I have some AIO (or is that AI2??) coming, different brands, and all One Sizes.

BUT....
    What about inserts etc...?
    There seems to be so much out there, and all made in different materials
    Bamboo
    cotton
    hemp
    fleece
    microfibre
    And of course there are differnt sizes, and some snap in, some stuff in, and some just lay in the nappy.....

If I only need a small layer through the day, can I make them, and just buy good ones for night?? Do I have to buy "sewn" ones, or is material folded up ok??

I'm so sick of being lost, and feeling stupid!!!

Why isnt there a big red arrow on the net that says, "Here Jodie, this nappy is for you!!"....

Ps I have Hautes, Happy heiny, Green Kids and Kangas on the way, gonna grab a Bum Genius too...

Hey Jodie

I'm not an expert (at ALL) still learning, but I have all of the nappies you are getting..

This is the way it works in this house (which may or may not be right.. lol)

Hautes: Come with two microfibre inserts that you snap together and stuff into the pocket. This is all I have ever needed for about 3 hours on DS - who is a pretty big wetter too.

Happy heiny: Comes with two microfibre inserts that you place together - and stuff into the pocket. This usually does about 3 hours for DS too.

Green Kids: OK - for day time use (about 3 hours) I put a hemp insert in with a microfibre one on top. If I want it for longer than that (ie, car trip, going shopping, not sure how long I will be) I will place a bamboo booster between the insert as well. For night use - I put a bamboo booster inside a bamboo insert, with microfibre on top. Bamboo is more absorbent than hemp and holds more pee pee. I can get from 8.00pm to 6am without a leak this way.

Baby Kangas: They come with one insert. So what I have been doing - is using their insert, plus a BumG microfibre one, plus a bamboo booster from Baby Beehinds, just placing them on top of each other, and stuffing them in the pocket. This will do him for a nap - say at least 3 hours??? Then we know we don't have to change him immediately once he gets up either. Works great!!!

Bum Genius: Come with two microfibre inserts to shove into the pocket. TBH - this is all that we use - and it does us for about 3 hours or a nap.

I only use microfleece liners if he has nappy rash and I need to use good bum cream.

So not sure if I have helped at all. Green Kids have a good thing about absorbency and different materials on their website if it helps at all???

Ok, so if I got MIL to make a pile of microfibres for day, and bought some good bamboo ones, that should cover it??

Should I get her to make the "pad" shape, or is the rectangle folded over ok??

*Thank you, I am a slow learner!!! *

Let me know if this is right....

Insert... goes into pocket nappy, or snaps on inside
    Booster.... smaller, and an "extra" for night etc...
    Liner... just goes straight into the nappy, and can be taken out and replaced, without changing the outer nappy....

Am I getting close....???

Basically yes....lol