Thread: Monkey Doodlez

Question Monkey Doodlez

Just wondering what these nappies are like?

And what is the difference between Original and Micro ones??

Ta

Ive only just started selling them and therefore thought i best try them out on Chelsea...and i have to say i love them, good fit, contain everything, not had a leak. The mirco ones have a fleece lining and find them to be more absorbent then the original.

Thanks Kim

I just saw your other post about you selling them just after I posted this one!
    Thanks for your opinion.

Lee I love love love these (micros)!!! I'm going mainly with them for my next bub. They absorb heaps, fit skinny kids well too (some nappies are onnly for chubbas), dry really quick, are trim, and they come in black!

The Ocean Breeze and Raspberry Sorbet colours in the micro are SCRUMMY too!!

You reckon they're sized larger Shan? I was thinking about these (due to the BumG AIO shortage *sob*). Do you guys reckon River (almost 1 year, tall and rather skinny!) would be okay in the mediums or would I be better off with smalls? He still fits his small BerryPlushes, though they're getting a bit risque in the rise...

They are much bigger sized Nelle.
    I have Chelsea in Medium and she is just under 9kg and i feel they are a bit to big for her. But much better fit all round and you will get longer use out of them before needing to move up to Large (if even needed).

Id say Medium would be fine on River

Hi Kimbaz,
    Just a quick question...are the monkey doodlez's ok for a new born, or do you suggest something different for them, thanks

Hey Lea...

Ive not used them on a newborn but they say MD are ok from birth. I personally have not used them for a new born, but i will be for my new bub next month right from day 1. I suggest maybe buying 1 and give it a go, then u will know wat works, wat does not IYKWIM?

Isn't funny. I am amazed at all the positive feedback on MD. And slightly jealous as I was very excited about purchasing a microdoodlez.

I only have one microdoodlez (a medium) and it leaks. It is the last nappy I reach for in the stash and is only used in an emergency. I find the fit terrible on my chubby bellied, skinny legged baby. I had hoped she would eventually grow into it but so far the legs on the medium are still too big and my DD is now over 8kg. I also find it pretty poor for a heavy wetter. I make a mental note to change her within an hour with this nappy.

I think this nappy would be terrible on a newborn.

On the positive side it does dry relatively quickly - but that is a double edged sword with a AIO I find - it can indicate poor absorbency.

Have you got any side snapping nappies Kar? I've heard they're great for skinny thighs...

River's not a huge wetter at the moment anyway, so absorbency isn't my main issue, plus I'm happy to boost. It's the fit around his tiny waist. I might go have a look at the measurements.

Nelle - no have tended to stay away from snaps altogether as my experience is that the wings collapse and the top of snap MCNs tends to crumple down and not sit properly around her rather tubby middle. Instead I've stuck with aplix which seems to sit better. That said I have just ordered some VBSNs which I think might have side snaps. So I'll see how they go.

Shannon - what a scream about the sultana! Glad MD are working for most. They seem like a good nappy for most.

Just fyi - my DD is 8.3kg, 45cm around the waist and her thighs 24cm. The medium Microdoodlez is supposed to fit 6.5 to 12.5kg, 38-58cm waist and 19-28cm in the legs which would put her right smack bang in the middle of this nappy. But the legs are definitely too big. The rise is ok.
    Last edited by Kar; September 12th, 2007 at 11:35 AM.

ROFL Shannon it would have been a nice fat grape then?

I haven't got any MD's.

It was ....

Well I bought a micro and it doesn't seem to suit my bubs either. It's funny around the legs too or something, and didn't seem that absorbant (sp?). They look beautiful though! a really lovely looking nap.
    Though, maybe she'll grow into it a bit better later.

I have been told that the more u wash them, the more absorbent they become. I had a Bubblebub nappy and it leaked over and over again. But now its been washed numerous times its working better.

Perhaps thats what is happening with your nappy? Ive not had a problem at all with mine tho.