Thread: New to the idea...any help/reccomendations?

Default New to the idea...any help/reccomendations?

Hi,

Soon to be Mummy here and trying to work out what brand for the AIO are the best to put on bubs, as we are looking at cloth nappies, as an alternative and I want to make sure we are buying the right brands...

Any suggestions (from newborn) would be appreciated...

I was looking at Cushie Tushie, Baby Beehindz and Itti Bitti...

I used Ittis for the most part as I loved the trimness under clothes etc. Never had any problems with leaking. Not as a newborn though.

I've also been really happy with Baby Beehinds, though usually only at home as they are bulkier. I just bought one of their new petites to try for the new bub and it's so gorgeously small - can't wait to see how it holds up because they are just as trim as an Itti but cheaper.

It's hard to know what will work for you until you try them out, so best to get a variety at first. I only have a couple of AIOs for the newborn stage- just for looks. Mostly I'll be using prefolds and covers.

Have fun choosing

I'll second the Itti's I have used them on my DD2 since she was about 1 month old and they are great. Just make sure you get the sewn in ones for a little bub, the fit is better than the snap ins when they are tiny. Mine didn't fit her round the legs without gaping though until she was about 5kg, but if you have a chubby thighed bub you should be right to use them earlier LOL

You might find too though that a fitted and a cover is better to contain newborn poos although I haven't used prefolds at all, they just aren't for me. A cover with gussets like Motherease or Thirsties works well as a second line of defense so to speak LOL

All the best with your bub

Thanks Ladies,

What DH and I decided was that we will buy one of each for our little one (I know people will tell us waste of money blah blah) But if I am spending the money I wanna make sure I like what I have, so I am thinking a itti, a CT to start, and then BB when I know what size Bubs is (as I have been told I am having a little one)

Thanks for all the help and advice much appreciated