Thread: Poo keeps sliding out the side...

Default Poo keeps sliding out the side...

Of my IttiBittis and Bambooties. Does anyone else experience this? They have been washed a zillion times as DD is almost 7 weeks and I've been using them since birth. Could it be the bamboo nappy liners? I feel like a change her clothes all the time because of the poo patches that appear ... Sometimes she expels four times a day.

are they on tight enough? no leg gapes?

There are small leg gapes but it sometimes looks too tight if I do up another notch. She is almost out of her small sizes in terms of fit around her waist so they are on at their loosest notch but even then I get leakage... Sometimes just urine. Her thighs are not wide though which is why there is always a small gape. Not very much though.

Oh wait a sec... The bottom level of snap buttons on the bambooty: what are these for? Would these decrease leg gape?
    Last edited by Ladylove; April 4th, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

I was about to suggest a nappy with 2 rows of snaps. That way you can do the legs a snap tighter than the waist.

you could also try a separate cover over the top. some younger babies have these issues with the AIOs

Ok great advice. Thanks team!

I asked a similar question recently, and am now putting a PUL cover over my nappies which is keeping the poop off the clothes. yay!

Yeah Hotl I did a search after posting this and found your thread, then remembered I actually posted there! Thanks, will look into covers.

Sorry I can't help with the topic but the thread title deserves most-hilarious-thread-title of the week award! Lol

Ok I haven't purchased covers yet but have been doing an extra button up to close some leg gape and it seems to be working. With the Bambooties I still get a bit of staining around the edge of the nappy at the leg though but no runny sticky stuff.