Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thinkink of going cloth itti bitti size question

Default thinkink of going cloth itti bitti size question

Hi,

Was wondering if someone could help me out, thinking of going cloth.

Dd is 12 months old and is about 7 to 8 kilos in weight, I measured her waist at 37cm, and rise of 40 cm. What size would you suggest, She is only 72 cm tall so not very big but very skinny.

Thanks in advance.

I'd probably go a medium - or if you go a large, see if they can snap an extra snap on the wings for you to prevent wing droop.

ds2 is 6.6kg and in medium. not sure of measurements tho

My DD is 14 months, 10 kilos and more on the chubby side, she is still in Mediums with a few snaps to go .

Medium... my 6 month old is in them, and my 2 yr old can still wear them if he has to, but wore them all the time till 18-20 months ... its a safe bet!!

Medium. DS1 is 17kg and tall and the large fits him. I only just bought the trial pack and expected them to be too small and need to sit in the cupboard until DS2 was big enough, but they fit quite nicely. They aren't actually as small as they look.

DD is 19 months and 12 kg and in the large...If that's any help!

DS has been in the large since 11months (about 9kg) and they fit him well. A year later and he still uses the same snap positions. I guess it depends on the shape of the child, he was in the walker size huggies from about 8 months, he seems to have a wide waist and the smaller sizes didn't wrap around properly.

I would get a large and a medium first. And the sewn ins are a better fit.

I say that because Ash is 11kg at 10 months, and he's been in larges for... well since about 5 months.

Try pick up 2 second hand to try before you spend big $.

Also be warned, ittis don't like driers (half mine are crinkly and delaminated, the other half are fine), and they stain like a biarch when you use panadol.

Hun, you shoulda tried some on her when you were here the other day???!!!

Seeing your DD I would say a medium too - do you want me to bring a sewn-in and a snap-in tomorrow for a try??? Zander is still in a medium, but I think he will move up to a large very soon (he is around 9.5kg or a bit more I think, dunno!!). If I do, and if you are interested, you can buy mine 2nd hand??

I have some large waiting for the change so can bring one of those as well for you to try?? Just let me know

My DD has been vomiting overnight, but is ok this morning (just pale like a ghost though) so she should be fine tomorrow if no further episodes

Sami that would be great if I could try on the size on her, and second hand would be wonderful as dh is a bit thingy about the cost.

Only started to think this way after poo eplosions, her huggies leak everytime she poos now, especially since loosing weight from being sick.

Hope you DD gets better soon.

If they are really loose poos, ittis may not contain them. I've had a few leaks in ittis, just because they are so trim. They are really good when bubs have formed poops though.

I agree.. Mediums should do it. DD1 was in them from about 6 weeks? And Mel is right about the poosplosions, IB's don't hold them in as good around the legs.

it is mainly for the poo, but at the moment it not just leg leaks, and it is runny, she still doesn't have formed poo. She is wearing huggies crawlers, the tabs are crossed in the middle by a few cm. She is very skinny hence why thinking the itti bitti.

I have been strip washing this week so you will be in luck lol. I think the rise is just getting a tad short in the mediums for Zander, yet the waist and leg is fine. He sprung a leak this morning in one for the first time ever over the top!!!

Yeah runny poo might still leak, Z's arent fully formed being b/f and not eating much - but like a bit runnier toothpaste - so if that is what yo umean by runny, my experience is fine.

I havent put mine in a drier yet either so in great condition.

Anyways will bring some and a couple of liners so you can try them on R if you like

Baden is 6 months old and 9kgs and he is in a large.

A friend has lent me 4 smalls, and they fit her on the largest snaps, and rise is just ok. So think medium would work, dam skinny child of mine. Now to convince dh, he reakons cost to much. So trying to do a break down of cost to break even with sposies as she is our last daughter.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

the itti bitti site mentions stuff like this, e.g some bubs who technically fall within the MEDIUM weight range, who may have a RISE that means the LARGE size will fit them better.

i would contact the itti bitti site, tell them your child's vital statistics, and ask their advice. they are the experts on their own products, and very happy to help customers. (how do i know? i have bought from them before, excellent customer service and product knowledge).

i would suggest getting a trial pack, until you know whether this brand/style suits YOUR child. (with any brand you consider, not just itti bitti).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast