Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trim AIOs?

Default Trim AIOs?

I've been starting to think about doing cloth again (with Zander I had dodgy nappies so gave up!) & think the only way for me to go would be with AIOs. Now my issue is that Juliette is a big bub & already I find it hard to get the right sized clothes for her because she's not really in proportion (big feet, short body, long legs), so I was wondering what would be the trimmest brand of AIO? Is there anything trim like a disposable or close?

Itti bitti AIOs, or Itti bitti delish's are great if you can find her the right size in those. Or Monkey Doodlez micro AIOs are pretty trim too.

Bumgenius are really good and trim fitting. But there are some true experts who will be able to give you a few different options.

I second Itti's, trim and absorbent. Love the D'lish.
    Not a fan of monkey Doodlez, not very absorbent for us. Ok if you are happy to boost.

ETA- Itti much trimmer than bumG.

Ittis, swaddlebees, Lotus AIO (but not being made anymore, so hard to find) are all trim, narrow crotch AIOs or AI2s.

I find Berry Plush (AI2) and BumG (one-size pocket or sizes AIO) are trim wide-crotch nappies.

I do still have to size up in pants though, but that's mostly because Euan has a very long crotch.

I find the Monkey Doodlez or Bumg's great....

I second the monkey doodlez and itti bitti plush - they're my faves.

Ok Suse, what difference does wide /narrow crotch make?

oooh itti bitti d'lish! And a bonus you will want to touch her bum all day cause they are so furry and cute

x

I find that a narrow crotch nappy fits better under pants, but they are not always as good for containing newborn poo. Having said that, AIOs are not generally brilliant for containing newborn poo, because you don't have the extra added layer of defence - ie: nappy and cover. But I used BumGs and Berry Plushes from birth, and never had a blowout. I've had one blowout from a d'lish, but it was an extremely scary poo.

Wide or narrow crotch nappies suit different bubs differently too, I know some people have said that a narrow crotch fits their wide hipped/bummed baby like a g-string.

Generally speaking, the trimmer the nappy, the less absorbent. Ittis seem to be the exception to the rule, as they use bamboo as the absorbent layers, and they are well designed for maximum trimness.

HTH!!

Cool thanks Suse

When you say less absorbant, how do you mean, like how long would you expect it to last? Juliette is fed two hourly & I change her nappy at every feed, then in between if needed. Would they last that long?

Sarah they should last that long, but she's not always going to feed two hourly so the time between changes increases.
    I get at least 4 hours out of an ittibitti and the same with most others but Darcy isn't a newborn with bf poo 88 times a day.
    She is proportioned exactly how you said Juliette is though, and I've never found i had to upsize her pants. So I never worried about trimness.
    Bubblebubs are good and trim too.

Emily is how you described Juliette, and I have bbh magicalls & itti bittis for her. Today I had her in a minkee magical and it lasted 4 hours while she slept, and it still didn't leak. I've never had to upsize her clothing with those nappies.

Sarah I love ittis but they are sized so cost you more in the long run, i do have a few for special bum showing occasions

Bum g arr fantastic, and the grow with bubs, would even fit xander!!

and your in luck atm cause our lovely kimbaz has them on special!!! (beyond belly)

What the others said Sarah!! The thing with bamboo is that it is REALLY absorbent, if you soak a bamboo booster you'll find that it is very hard to wring out. It can be literally sopping wet, but still hold the moisture. So an itti is super absorbent, it also has a suedecloth inner like a BumG so the moisture is wicked away from bub's skin.

Thanks guys This is all giving me more food for thought, sounds like itti bittis might be the way to go though. Do they need liners? And how many would I be looking at getting, everything here says around 24 is that right?

Just so you don't have a heart attack Sarah, I thought I would warn you that Ittis are not cheap They are a fab nappy, but you pay for it. I would suggest trying a Bumgenius as well, because they are a one size nappy, and will probably dry faster too. Maybe a combo of the two would work? BGs aren't quite as trim as Ittis, but they're still pretty damn good

sarah your in luck with them

they have seconds on the site, just listed today

25% off!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast