Thread: Reaction to Cabana

Default Reaction to Cabana

Hello all,

Twice my daughter has had cabana and vomited from it - this second time quite severely. Does anyone know what could be causing the reaction - is there something specific in Cabana that is likely to cause an allergic reaction?

Thanks

Default Reaction to Cabana

I don't know but I worked with kids and we had a little girl that had the same reaction to Kabana. Might be a preservative or artificial flavour? My daughter can't have a certain yoghurt because she vomits.

Google wasn't helping me any - but I just realised it was because I was spelling it with a C instead of a K! Thanks

yeah, I'd put money on it being a preservative too. It contains 250, 223 looking at the packet of it in the freezer. and 223 is a sulphite, which is a common culprit for reactions.

I've just been doing some googling and it's either the sulphites or the sodium nitrate - everything I can find on them though suggests asthma and hives and not really many results for vomiting. I guess she just may process it differently? I just want to try and narrow it down so I can avoid it in other foods. Hmmm...

Good luck with that! It's so hard. My youngest had a sensitivity to sulphites and it's in so many things - even on fresh grapes - and it was hard to avoid. He only ever got a really red rash on his mouth and face though, not vomiting.