Thread: sinus

Default sinus

Hi just a quick question, hoping that someone many be able to give some advice....

My DH has suffered from Sinus for years and years...

So I don't know if it is hereditary or not but we have a 16yr old Daughter that seem to be always sniffing /sneezing/watery red eyes constantly it can't be the flu or anything like that this happens too often.

So my question is how do you find out from a DR if a child has Sinus what tests if any can or do they do...(she is driving me and herself crazy)...lol

Hey There,

I am not too sure if there is a test they can do, but I was only diagnosed with sinus/hayfever last year simply by my symptoms (i was put on a mini steroid type pill to help me get over it)

Perhaps get your DD to take a claratyne or something similar when she has these bouts, if it makes her feel better and relieves her symptoms you'll know

I have a feeling my DD suffers it too but she also has asthma! AND to make matters worse, we have about 8 wattle types tree's that are in FULL bloom at the moment so we're all sneezy and watery!

Good Luck

jaskie Guest

Hi, my mum has had sinus issues for as long as I can remember and I too started to have sinus problems a few years ago. Maybe it is hereditary???
    I have never heard of a test for sinus, I would say it would be worth a visit to your GP though just to make sure. Have you investigated as to whether it could be environmental. A reaction to something new/different.

Default Re: sinus

Quote Originally Posted by E_Kids View Post
    Hi just a quick question, hoping that someone many be able to give some advice....

My DH has suffered from Sinus for years and years...

So I don't know if it is hereditary or not but we have a 16yr old Daughter that seem to be always sniffing /sneezing/watery red eyes constantly it can't be the flu or anything like that this happens too often.

So my question is how do you find out from a DR if a child has Sinus what tests if any can or do they do...(she is driving me and herself crazy)...lol
    How is your daughter now? The symptoms looks like a hay fever, try Rhinocort nasal inhaler. Observe what or where she is allergic to, it might be due to dust, pollen or even smell. Make sure your house is dust free, use an air filter, and Chamomile or ginger juice proves to be a good treatment as well.