Thread: Anyone made coconut yoghurt....?

Default Anyone made coconut yoghurt....?

I LOVE Coyo but can't afford it regularly at $11 per 400grams so looked up a recipe and found the not quite nigella one and going to give it a crack!! Anyone made this recipe or in an easy yo???

Yes. Not that recipe, but one I made up. I used an Easy Yo. It's hard to set (it has different enzymes than milk) so you need to use something to help. I used gelatin and used a tad too much. It was still okay but not brilliant.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Cool thanks Hun, this one has cornflour mmmm will see how it goes!!! I want that light fluffy texture like Coyo but doubt I will get it!!!

I have made it a lot. I use arrowroot powder to thicken, 1 tbsp per cup of coconut milk. I'll blog it one day, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by nothing2lose View Post
    Yes. Not that recipe, but one I made up. I used an Easy Yo. It's hard to set (it has different enzymes than milk) so you need to use something to help. I used gelatin and used a tad too much. It was still okay but not brilliant.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    My son said this was playdough so I guess it does look thick

I use gelatin to thicken too. Or else I've also dripped coconut milk yoghurt which worked out pretty well.

I use this recipe Yoghurt Culture, & Directions For Use - Green Living Australia
    Will need to scroll down to the coconut recipe. It uses pectin to thicken.

Or else I've also dripped coconut milk yoghurt which worked out pretty well.
    What does that mean?? Did you use coconut yoghurt as the starter do you mean??

If you google 'dripping yogurt' you will get the how-to's. It's basically just putting it in a strainer or in cheesecloth and letting some/most/all (depending on your preference) of the water drip out so your yogurt gets thicker. You can then drink the coconut water or put it in smoothies or something if you want.