Thread: Egg, dairy, soy & nut free cake recipes?

Default Egg, dairy, soy & nut free cake recipes?

Does anyone have a nice birthday cake recipe that is:

• Egg Free
    • Dairy Free
    • Soy Free (soy 322 okay)
    • Nut Free

i use a cake called a crazy cake, take out the spices and replace with cocoa for a chocolate cake! works and tastes great
    google bestrecipes they do one

I make this one all the time - you'd need to double check the chocolate is ok though!

3 x egg equivalent (I use 'No Egg', sometimes I leave it out altogether - doesn't make much difference)
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup milk (I use soy, but I'm sure rice would work just as well)
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    250g very dark chocolate - one with no dairy! (I've never had to check for nuts or soy, but I'm sure there's something on the market )
    1 cup SR flour
    1 (generous) cup of cherries in syrup, or frozen berries, thawed

What to do:
    1. Mix up your egg replacer, add the sugar. Add the milk and oil
    2. Melt the chocolate
    3. Add the chocolate to the sugar mix, add in the cherries/berries
    4. Sift over flour, stir until combined
    5 Bake at 180 for about an hour

Easy as. Only thing is the dark chocolate makes it pretty rich, so might be more a 'grown up' cake than one for kids

Not sure if this is what you are after or not, but if you enjoy a fruit cake this is super easy and noice...

A good fruit cake, with a good density of fruit resembling a rich Christmas cake in texture - but made with only 4 ingredients - ideal for those in a hurry!

1kg of mixed fruit
    2 cups of fruit juice
    2 cups of self-raising flour
    1 teaspoon of mixed spice

Method

1kg of mixed fruit and soak overnight in 2 cups of fruit juice - I prefer apple myself.
    To add some Christmas spirit, replace some of the fruit juice with brandy, whisky or dark Jamaican rum or even sherry.
    Leave the soaking fruits overnight

Next day.
    Mix into the soaking fruit, (which will have swelled by now), 2 cups of self-raising flour and 1 teaspoon of mixed spice. Mix all well together until you have incorporated all the flour.

I use a 22cm loose bottomed cake tin - doubled lined with baking paper - the sides protruding as much again above the level of the tine sides.

Pour your mixture into the tin - level out and place in the middle of a 150?c oven for 2 ? to 2 ? hours - taking care in the last half hour not to let the top be overdone - cover with baking paper if you think this may happen.

Cool completely before removing from tin and keep in an airtight container.

Awesome as! Thank you very very much

A friend has a blog called something like egg and dairy free mum where she has tried a few recipes out, might be worth checking if you want some tips I've seen a few photos of her disasters so I think it may be harder than it looks!

Oh no, dont tell me that appletree I cant cook at the best of times !!

blackcat the crazy cake is really easy, ive never had an issue!!

I think Im going to try the crazy cake, it looks fairly straight forward. Fingers crossed I dont burn it Thanks heaps

let me know how you go!

oh oh oh I made it!! And it tasted pretty good too! The recipe I was using called for vegetable or canola oil... so I can see a few people would probably not make the distinction there and go for the vegetable oil. Anyway it worked a treat! Thanks so much My next battle is to try it as cupcakes eeep!

Fyi. - i jump downloaded an iphone app that sorts recipes by allergy/intolerances. That may be an option in future.

Try a website called the naturopaths kitchen - she modifies recipes for egg, gluten etc... intolerances

You could try this, i hope you like it.

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup white sugar
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    5 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon white vinegar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 cup cold water
    1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Method:
    1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
    2. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Mix well with a fork, then stir in oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract. When dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened, pour in cold water and stir until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared pan.
    3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a rack.

dessert recipes