Thread: 365 project 2014

Default Re: 365 project 2014

Naw, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peanutter View Post
    Who is doing it?

Me!! I am!!

I really missed it this year.
    Me too!! **insert excited jumping here** - Have been planning one since DD was born for the age she is now. I did a 3365 Photo-a-day for DS at the same age (he was 17m 4d old when I started his randomly) and made his into a blog (here) and a 200 page photo book. I was so proud of myself for diligently doing it, and have a wonderful keepsake of his toddlerhood now. Have always planned to do the same for DD. She's 17m 7days tomorrow on Jan 1 when I am starting hers

Have her blog all ready to go (here), just need to give the camera a good clean and made sure my lenses are sparkling - am using a Canon DSLR with twin lenses (one macro)

I am too! I am doing one through the 365 project & instagram, I am supersaiyanmum on both if anyone wants to follow
    I need a hobby and want to learn to use my camera properly so hopefully I can stick to it lol. I am not sure if I should make it all of the kids or not though! It would be so cool to have 365 photos of them, but I worry I will start to repeat poses itms. So still undecided what I will do!

Actually I think I will do the kids through instagram as I always have my phone with me and do whatever I feel like with the 365 one with my camera. There done, Im decided lol!

Quote Originally Posted by peanutter

Give it a crack - not everyone does one every day, and plenty of the time people take more than one good pics one day, and so they have spares to use as "fillers" for the days they didn't take one

It depends entirely on why you're doing it - my primary purpose was to get out of my own head a but, and actually look around and see what's going on around me.

Some people it's to improve their photography skills, or to take more pics of their kids.

Decide what you want to get out of it, and what you can do to achieve that
    You're right. I'm going to give it a go.
    My 365 profile thingie is here. If anyone wants to follow me or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel View Post
    You're right. I'm going to give it a go.
    My 365 profile thingie is here. If anyone wants to follow me or whatever.
    We're already connected I was confused for a minute!!

I need to go and take a photo for today ... the fat mum slim thing is lunch ... but I'm undecided about what to photograph ... I might just go outside and have a look around

Quote Originally Posted by shan23 View Post
    I am too! I am doing one through the 365 project & instagram, I am supersaiyanmum on both if anyone wants to follow
    I need a hobby and want to learn to use my camera properly so hopefully I can stick to it lol. I am not sure if I should make it all of the kids or not though! It would be so cool to have 365 photos of them, but I worry I will start to repeat poses itms. So still undecided what I will do!
    I can't find you

Could you please link it?

We've just unexpectedly spent New Years Day down the beach so I've got quite a few good photos for today

I'll just be putting mine in a Facebook album, there seem to be a lot of... elitist isn't the right word, but you know,photographers who have fun picking apart photos and users they don't deem up to scratch. Mine is just for me and not criticism from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeki View Post
    I'll just be putting mine in a Facebook album, there seem to be a lot of... elitist isn't the right word, but you know,photographers who have fun picking apart photos and users they don't deem up to scratch. Mine is just for me and not criticism from others.
    Really? That's horrible

Mine is on wordpress, but rarely gets any traffic from anyone I dont know, and if they comment negatively I'll just not approve the comments

Post #1 up for me - 1/365 ? Annika?s Turn | 2014 Photo-a-Day

I heard others saying stuff about that (particularly about people who put up lots of pics of their kids, animals, pregnant stomachs, or pics which have been heavily edited, black and white for no apparent reason, etc) but I didn't have anyone making comments like that on mine.

Mine are pretty basic, and don't get many views - I suppose therefore they don't often get seen by people I don't know?

I have dabbled with the FMS one off and on for the last year or so. Have decided that I will do it for the entire year of 2014 I have a rule that I only use my iphone as it is easier to capture shots instead of using our bigger camera. Then I just put them in an album of FB.

Oh yeah I never got any negative comments on my photos. But there were quite a few threads on there that were pretty rude.

I just started one here 365 days of Sarah! I hope I can stick with it!

Good work, ladies!

I'm going to start with the camera, but suspect that when I go back to work, it will be mostly on the iPhone again.

Have posted todays piccy It is edited - cropped, with the edges blurred - because it was a big scene, my phone wouldn't zoom far enough lol.

I've got a project for DD to do tomorrow for art in our family room, so I reckon tomorrow's photo will be related to that.

Day 2 done. I had a pretty cute subject to work with

Just curious - Do you guys edit your photos a lot or a lot? or you upload as it is?

It's only the begining and I'm struggling with finding time uploading my photos. I'm so so sorry when I upload a chunk of photos all at once. Lol.

xx

Depends on the photo for me. I've edited two of mine, mostly to crop them and while I was there I edited the contrast on one. I prefer trying to get a good angle and lighting when I take the photo, and other times it's a spontaneous "hey that's a good shot" and I like leaving them as they are

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast