Thread: My Nikon D60 doesn't WOW me anymore

Default My Nikon D60 doesn't WOW me anymore

So as the title states I've got a Nikon D60 which is failing to excite me now days. When I purchased the camera around 4years ago the pictures really popped but now I see my iPhone 5 photos almost on the same par.

The only lens's I have are the 18-55mm & 55-200mm VR lens's. My DSLR camera knowledge is just the basics but I LOVE photography and have done a few pregnancy and portrait shots for family and friends. It's something I want to delve more into.

So to reignite my photos....

Should I buy a new lens? Any recommendations?

Or is it time to jump up to the next level of camera? Any recommendations?

Would love to hear from you keen photographers

I would probably definitely go a better lens before changing cameras. I used to have a Canon 550D and like you, I felt like I knew what I was doing with it too easily and wanted a little bit more excitement! So I got a 5D Mk II and I want to be buried with it. But I also got a pro 24-70mm lens which totally rocks my socks off. I have a nifty fifty, which aren't expensive but are great, and also an 85mm 1.8 which is a cheaper 85mm but fab for portraits. Get a lens purely because it can go on any new body you wish to get in the future. If you love photography, go on forums, do a course and delve into it a bit more. I did for a while, but don't have much time at the moment, but once I've moved house (again!) I plan on getting into it more seriously. Have fun with it and good luck

I would get a prime lens. Start with a 50mm

Thanks Ladies! Ill definitely go and check out those lenses . Tomorrow actually they have mid year sales on!

Yules I've had another person tell me similar about the 5D Mark II ... I know nothing about them. I might spy on one tomorrow.