Thread: Anyone have any experience with Catapres (Clonidine)??

Default Anyone have any experience with Catapres (Clonidine)??

My DD has just been prescribed Catapres to help with a sleep disorder (she has ADHD/Tourettes).

Wondering if anyone else has used it? If so, was it helpful?

TIA

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with Catapres (Clonidine)??

I had a foster boy who was prescribed it while in my care he also had ADHD. He went from going to sleep at 11pm waking up to 16 times a night and starting the day at 4 am. To sleeping 7:30pm till 6 am it was really beneficial to all of us. I do know there is a lot of side effects but his only side effect was he was really thirsty for about 20 mins after taking it. Therefore he never night toilet trained while in my care. He was almost 5 years when we started it. He would be unable to stay awake 30 mins after having the tablet. He was only on a small dose aswell. I copped a lot of judgemental comments from people if and when people found out he was taking ADHD meds and catapress. But after trying everything to help him this is all that helped him. Good luck with it all.

We havent used it but our paed has prescribed melatonin for our son instead. Costs a bit but was fab for us over catapres

We've tried prescription melantonin - didn't work for her unfortunately We can't increase the dosage as it's a hormone and can disrupt the endocrine system during puberty

We also had tried the melatonin both natural and prescription. Catapress was our best and most useful choice. Such a hard one to decide though.