Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baby-led Solids Chatter #7

Default Re: Baby-led Solids Chatter #7

thanks, ladies. might try with skin on now & see how we go. id like him to be able to see the different coloured skins & will make things easier by not peeling. : )

I've always left skin on for things the rest of us have skin on ITMS.

Cucumber was a fave for both my older DDs from first try.

So, I may be joining here sooner than I thought! I had every intention of waiting til 6 months like I did with DD, but DS is stealing our food and getting seriously cranky when we take it back. He puts it straight to his mouth and chews. He has a good pincer grip too, which surprised me.

I caved and gave him a rusk the other day, it went straight in his mouth, he chewed and swallowed the bits that came off! He's only 5 months next Friday, so this really goes against everything I thought about solids with DD lol. But o guess, if we do BLW again and he takes food and eats it, he must be ready, right? Otherwise he wouldn't/couldn't eat it?

I think we'll keep stopping him til he's 5 months, then let him have what he grabs, then actually give him food when he's 6 months.

solids has taken a step back this week as my little one has been sick & is teething too. he didn't have solids for 2 days, breastfed more regularly but took less so I think he's lost a bit of weight. makes me a bit nervous bc he's so lean anyway.

teeki - how is your ds, has he managed to grab any more food...?

trying spaghetti tonight, any suggestions for pasta? just thin spaghetti chopped in half/thirds maybe, or shells? I'm thinking spirals might be too big, but good for sucking sauce off of... not sure...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123