Thread: Going to an Indonesian resort when DD is 7 mths

Default Going to an Indonesian resort when DD is 7 mths

I want to try BLS with DD2 but we are going to Club Med Bintan (Indonesia) when she is 7 months and although they fully cater for babies (the chef will prepare specific meals for infants!), I'm a bit concerned about doing BLS in a different country. 1. because it's new for both of us and 2. I'm a bit worried about the cleanliness of the food as it will be washed in Indo water, etc. I'm sure Club Med has high standards but with DD being so young, it could be a bit risky subjecting her to food from another country, maybe?

I'm wondering if I'd be better off just doing mainly Raffertys' sachets while we are away (10 days). Would that confuse DD or interfere with the BLS way?

ooo, club med!
    Are you comfortable eating the food yourself? if so, it's probably fine for your baby too. (i guess?)
    The idea of BLW is that they feed themselves so if you make available food you're comfortable with her eating - whatever that may be - and let her feed herself, then you're doing BLS. So, you could, in theory make available sachets or whatever if that's what you're more comfortable doing. It would be messy, but then it always is! She may not even be interested in eating at that age, who knows?
    Hope you have a lovely holiday

We went to Club Med Bintan 18 odd months ago and I really wouldn't worry about it Taurean. There were lots of westerners there (heaps from Aus and NZ) with very small toddlers and bubs that all seemed to be eating the food without any issues at all. It always looked fresh and I never tasted anything that gave me any concerns. One of my girls has a very sensitive little stomach and while she was a lot older than 7 months (more like 2.5), she had no problems at all.

Make sure you book in for some spa treatments while you're there. They were sooooo good, and the massage room is stunning.

Thanks girls! That's the sort of info I needed!

MadB - I'll definitely feel comfortable eating the food there so you're right, I shouldn't worry about DD either. Friends went last year and she is quite the 'foodie' and she raved about it. Her kids are older than mine though but for her to rate it so highly, it must be pretty good

LuLu - So glad to hear you enjoyed it at Bintan! We are so excited. DD1 is very social and adventurous so we think she'll love the kids club. With a little luck DD2 will still be immobile so we are hoping it may actually be relaxing. Am I crazy thinking that?! Lol! We've booked 10 days and DH plans on playing golf so the trade off should definitely be a spa treatment or two for me

Oooh how exciting Taurean!! I hope you have a great holiday and I'm sure the food will be fine hun. Just for a bit of a laugh, we went to China when DS was around 8 months old for around 4 weeks (but this is China though) and I ended up taking all the Rafferty Garden sachets I could fit into my suitcase and once they ran out I had to order them online in China and boy was it expensive! From memory it was like 3 or 4 dollars per satchet I then cooked veggies from the supermarket and mixed it with other stuff in the jars. Paranoid much???? lol

My hubby is a golf nut too so he played I think three times. The Ria Bintan course has been voted best in Asia however many millions of times and he loved playing it. It was quite pricey though so definitely worth a few trade offs your way in the pampering department ;-)

Prepare yourself for "French Night". The food was fine but the desserts . . . ooh la la. I was very disappointed when DH refused to smuggle an entire pistachio tart back to our room for me.

The staff in the kids club are fantastic. My kids only went once, but they had a ball.