Thread: Is she full or not?

Default Is she full or not?

How do you know when your baby is full with BLS?

All her food ends up mashed to pieces on the floor and I have no idea how much she's eaten or if she wants more.

Tonight I spooned her pureed food after she'd hoed into carrots, sweet potato and capsicum (and it all ended up on the floor), and I was surprised how much she ate.

So how do you do it? How much food gets utterly wasted?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

We have always done a bit of both with DD. We had to because she was always so small. She now pretty much does everything herself except foods like yoghurt. I guess it's personal choice. Some bls say not to put anything into the Childs mouth, it comes down to what you're happy with. If you don't think she is getting enough & she seems hungry then if you're happy to feed her afterwards then why not. That way she is still getting the benefits of bls, exploring foods, making choices etc. Maybe give her smaller portions if you're worried about wasting food.

The whole idea of baby led solids is that they decide. She'll let you know if she's finished or needs more. At this age she may or may not eat much (in volume terms) but she probably doesn't really need much.

Letting baby feed themself also helps them learn when they feel full or have had enough.

I'm not sure. If she keeps throwing food on the floor I think she must be done, but if I offer some mash she'll happily eat a whole lot.

How do they tell you they're done? What are the signs?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk