Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jamie Oliverís childrenís names

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybee View Post
    Bear Grylls???

Too way out for me I'm afraid.
    his name isn't actually Bear.. That is his nickname i think is it actually Edward

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingStar View Post
    Hehe, that was his stage name.. his birth name was actually Charles
    Really, you learn something every day.
    Just goes to show what a great name it is - he chose it instead of having it foisted upon him

ETA - yeah, Bear Grylls is called Edward but he chose Bear instead. I think he's kinda sexy. Does anyone else? He lives on a house boat and his wife home-birthed there. I like the cut of their jib.
    Last edited by Phteven; September 17th, 2010 at 06:58 PM.

Think that the first three on their own are lovely but together sound like a herd of cows... Buddy Bear, sounds like some sort of lolly!

I call my youngest Drew Bear or Buddy Bear Drew, I think it's cute. It's not like he will use his middle name in his day to day life.

I did toy with using the middle name "trouble" or "danger" for DS2 but got talked out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    I call my youngest Drew Bear or Buddy Bear Drew, I think it's cute. It's not like he will use his middle name in his day to day life.

I did toy with using the middle name "trouble" or "danger" for DS2 but got talked out of it
    I like danger for a middle name!

I saw an interview with Bear recently, and he said growing up he was given the nickname Teddy, as his name was Edward, which grew to Teddy Bear, which eventually shortened to Bear

ETA: if you had Danger as a name, you just couldn't have Will as a second name or Robinson as a last name LOL

That rugby/league player Mat Rogers and his model wife Chloe Maxwell have a son with Danger as his middle name. Way too passe for me.

I like the names... and I agree that no-one is going to be calling them by their first and second names. All their names sound like sweet family nicknames with the first and second name so I'm guessing Mum and Dad use those names at home.

Yay for them- I know they had said they were hoping for a boy to eventually add to the family.

I had to double check cause i thought they called their son

BUNDY BEAR

Good on them both. They worked dame hard to have their children.......IVF is'nt easy

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    I had to double check cause i thought they called their son

BUNDY BEAR
    Bahahaha

I watch Jamies show all the time and really I couldnt imagine his kids not having nickname style names...he has nicknames for everything. I think they are cute names

I don't like the idea of everyone calling you one name as a kid, then needing something a bit more adult later on. It makes it hard when you start to work and decide what goes on your ID badge. Identy crisis!! Do you really want your birth name on your badge when no-one has ever called you that from day dot? Work at a hospital and you'll soon realise that patient names on birth certificates that aren't used are a pain in the neck.
    Also, joining a professional organisation that needs your birth cert. as proof of who you are, just gives you one more job to do, when you have to request, could you use this name on my badge/ID instead of what's on the birth cert.
    I like a name that is cute, suitable as a youngen, but that easily sits right as an adult as well. Petal is going a bit far, it's like calling your child 'love' or 'sweetie', 'pumpkin', 'sugar', 'muffin' hahaha etc. Hey, Sweetie wouldn't be so bad as a second name.... now I'm thinking, that's if we have a girl

Quote Originally Posted by timeforafamily View Post
    Petal is going a bit far, it's like calling your child 'love' or 'sweetie', 'pumpkin', 'sugar', 'muffin' hahaha etc. girl
    I know of a little girl called Honey. At first I thought her mum was calling her Honey in the way that you would call your child sweetheart or darling, then she told me that her name WAS Honey. Hmmmm, not keen on it I'm afraid. Not sure if it translates well to adulthood.

i dont mind a bit out there names.... but whats with pamela being thrown in there?? lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123