Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Wearing General Chatter #3

Default Baby Wearing General Chatter #3

Hello all!

This thread has been created as a general chatter thread for those who wear their babies. It's designed for those who want to support each other in their baby wearing journey, however long that may be, and to share ideas and suggestions for baby wearing techniques and methods.

Some useful baby wearing and related articles on BellyBelly:

Babywearing - The Benefits of Carrying Your Baby
    Cuddle Me Mum - I Need a Cuddle...
    Cuddles - How They Make Your Baby Smarter, Calmer and More Secure
    Velcro Baby - The Baby That Clings!

Different ways of wrapping your baby may be found in this thread

Following on from here

Default Re: Baby Wearing General Chatter #3

ooo im first!!
    so apparently you arent meant to store your wraps braided, thats the only way ive seen them stored! esp. linen cause it can weaken it.

i went to a sling meet the other week and went to try someones 4 oshca and as i pulled it under Spocks bum it ripped!!

so just a friendly reminder to check your wraps before you use them =)

I tried a SB and wasnt to happy with it sadly. I felt like it was too thin and dug into her legs.

How do people in here like Diva's? Im looking at a couple as their designs are so pretty!

Are any of you mommas on the FB babywearing group "Babywearing love & Support? Ive noticed a couple moms in there from Australia and always wondered if it was you guys!

woah! really T? That's not good. What was it? Had it been dyed?

im not sure the exact type. but will find out. it was old. im just thankful Spock was still on the ground when it did it and not when i was santa sacking her.
    what made it worse was i was trying it from a girl who had borrowed it from another friend!

Quote Originally Posted by *The_Mrs.* View Post
    I tried a SB and wasnt to happy with it sadly. I felt like it was too thin and dug into her legs.

How do people in here like Diva's? Im looking at a couple as their designs are so pretty!

Are any of you mommas on the FB babywearing group "Babywearing love & Support? Ive noticed a couple moms in there from Australia and always wondered if it was you guys!
    I have a Diva Milano, MrsS. I love it. It's my favourite size 6 for multi layer carries. It feels quite thin for its supportiveness. Mostly I got it because it's pretty.

wow, so it didn't even have weight on it. It can't have been old, oschas haven't been around very long. Glad there were no injuries!

MadB: nope, what's the group called?

I'll PM you

Ta :-)

I love my DM. Mine is chopped down to a size 3, and is 100% cotton - it is so light and thin and airy. I am getting a HB WCMT made out of another which will hopefully arrive before christmas. They are truely Beautiful wraps and surprisingly cushy despite their thinness. I can RTUB my 18kg 3yr old in it, although I wouldn't recommend it for too long.

TT40 - it was a Didymos Indio jade linen that tore. And it was very lucky no one was carrying a baby at the time.
    It is a very good reminder for everyone to regularly check their wraps and carriers for faults or wear. Fabric is not designed to last forever, and especially when buying secondhand (and with so many wraps being churned through so many owners), knowing as much of this history of the wrap / carrier as possible is important.

thanks Misty!! so i had no idea what it was! all i knew it was a shorty linen to try out =p

Ah! So perhaps it was quite old, then.

I want to get more into Baby Wearing but have no idea what's what, apart from the basics. There are a zillion wraps and carriers out there. How would I know what to use? I currently have a Beco Butterfly 2, which I love and use all the time (but only front carry cause I need more back carry practice) and a Sleepywrap which I'll retire until I have another bub, since mine is 8.5 mo and 9kg now.

Your best bet is to try an get along to a local slingmeet and have a play with all the different carriers there to find one you like. If you liked the sleepy wrap, then a woven wrap might be a good progression - they are much more supportive, and soooo versatile. You are only limited by your imagination as to the number of different carries you can do with a woven. Otherwise, my favourites are definitely wrap conversion Mei Tai's.

Yep, come to a meet and try a few things. Hopefully something will click and you'll be off! It's also a good opportunity to practice back carries, too.

Wow, new wrap has super sleepy powers. Lately Amelia's been dropping her afternoon sleep every few days (nooooooo...!) and only goes down on the other days if she's fed to sleep. I thought today was a no-nap day, so I popped her in and she was asleep within a minute! She hadn't even looked tired at all before that

Sadly I don't think I'll be keeping this one for long. It's a 3, and it's just that tiny bit too short for any substantial carries. I made this one up

did you say you made it? what did you make it from? photos?

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast