Thread: Manduca or ergo or stick to my Mei Tai?

Default Manduca or ergo or stick to my Mei Tai?

I have always lusted after an ergo but haven't been able to justify the cost when I already have a kozy carrier and an available hug- a-bub (I borrow it)

I had decided i wanted one for christmas, but I am now looking at the manduca because it has an inbuilt infant insert.

Dd loved the hug a bub and went into the kozy Mei tai at about 4 months. I didn't have a hug a bub for ds so he went into the pram happily and kind of stayed there! In fact I wore him more as a toddler in the Mei tai.

The kozy is not great for new borns but the infant insert for ergos look annoying! I love the hug-a-bub but it is hot with all that fabric in summer (although the summer dd was born was the black Saturday one with weeks of high 30s and up to 45 degrees that day!)

So. Opinions please!

I'd get the manduca over the ergo

Yup manduca beats ergo IMO. Would you consider rolling the mei tai up to fit a newborn?

I think if you're set on an SSC, then Manduca over ergo, yeah.
    Nothing is cool when it's hot and you have a baby strapped to you

Love my Manduca... Shame DD3 doesn't share the same love (yet!)

Oh wow, I love the consensus!

MadB I have tried rolling up the mei tai, but its more about the baby slipping to the side itms? I like the idea of the manduca infant inbuilt bit because it keeps the legs secure, just like a hug-a-bub.

Ok. Now for your favourite suppliers?

i have had a few Ergos and love them, but I tried a Manduca at a babywearing meetup and would go for a Manduca too.

how exciting!

I would try on before you buy if you can, either at a store or a babywearing meet. It really seems to be a matter of personal preference.

I used to have an ergo and the infant insert can be very warm (but its lovely and snuggly for winter bubs)

I think the ergo/manduca difference depends a bit on your body shape and size. I LOVE my manduca so much. I found it cool/lighter than my SILs ergo and it also fits me better. SIL is a slim, size 8 and loves her ergo. I am a solidly built, tall, size 18 and love the manduca.

I prefer the structured waistband of the SSC to a mei tai. I would really love a Baby hawk carrier called an Oh Mei, which has mei tai straps and a the waist of a SSC. Maybe I should ask for one for xmas....

There are quite a few places to get them, and you might also want to look in second hand market. Mother's Direct stock them, also, and you'd be helping support ABA at same time

babyco has them on sale atm... been looking at them myself. : )