Thread: Mini monkey carrier? (not sling)

Default Mini monkey carrier? (not sling)

Just wondering if anyone has one, tried one? I'm new to carriers and went looking yesterday. Tried the manduca as id read they were great, but it was too big for me (tried in the cross position also), I'm 5ft & slim on the top half. Bottom half, not so much after having a baby... ; )

I tried the mini monkey & it seemed more snug on me but can't seem to find much feedback on them. Found info on the sling, but not carrier?

I've never heard of it. If you want something that is going to be customisable, especially for a petite size, I'd recommend a wrap. Or how about a Mai Tei?

Search Facebook for a babywearing group in your city, you can go to a meet and try on a variety of carriers

thanks, lady neon. ill hit google & check those ones out.: )

I think the mini monkey carrier must be new-ish, the store staff told me they had only had them for 2 weeks & only had 1 left.

It looks like a soft structured carrier, much like many others on the market (it's not a unique design, despite their claims on the website).
    I'm not sure how suitable it is from birth - do they have an inbuilt newborn harness like the manduca? It seems quite big on the baby in the picture on the website (covers the head).

A mei-tai is a great option for petite mummas - there are lots of brands around and many are quite affordable. You might also want to look in the second hand market.

Sometimes SSCs are made in petite sizes, often custom ones, but also others, so it's worth keeping an eye out.

Thanks, MadB. I don't think it had inbuilt harness for newborn but my little guy is 10 weeks atm & I went & tried him in it today, his head popped out a bit, not too covered. You can also fold the head support down a bit. Not sure I'd feel confident putting a newborn in... maybe with more practice.

Think I'll check out the mei tai's too, they sound more adjustable for weenie's like myself. : )

MTs are definitely better for littler ladies, yes, as you can pull them as tight as you need. Only downside is they're often made to accommodate larger gals as well so you can end up with lots of extra strap length to tie up. But that's not such an issue, really.

just checked out a few mei-tai videos on YouTube, they look pretty comfy & easy to put on. : )