Thread: Side carry sling

Default Side carry sling

Hi lovely ladies.

I need some expert advice. As DS2 is gettin older id like to get a sling that I can use for a quick side carry for brief trips to the shops or daycare pick ups etc. (for when he is older and can hold his head up etc.)

At the moment I've got a hugabub and a boba 3G Soft structured carrier

Is there such a thing that can be used just to quickly throw on and pop Bub on my hip?

Default Re: Side carry sling

You can use ring slings for hip carries, or if you get a woven wrap (non stretchy) there are a few different ways to tie it to make a comfortable hip carry. The ring sling is good for a quick pop in and out, but I don't find them comfortable for long times because they do only go over one shoulder. The wrap is longer to get bub in position, but a lot more comfortable.

skootababy is designed for hip carry

I have a slingalong ring sling. I find it fairly comfortable (though not for extended periods because weight is on one side) ans super easy. I use mine to just whack him in while I get that last bit of meal prep done or to run into kinder pick up.

I have bought hug a bub for my kid and it is comfortable to wear for parent. My wife carried it conveniently whenever she goes with the baby. If you continuously wear on one shoulder then it might give you pain, so you need to change the position after a time. You may get such sling from a baby store easily.
    Last edited by melvinflowers; March 19th, 2015 at 04:02 PM.

I used my Peanut Shell for DD in side carry.
    Even used it when she was 3 and I had to take her to hospital, so easy to keep her close but save my arms the weight!

We had a hug a bub ring sling. Just be aware of safe baby wearing guidelines(Google TICKS) - make sure bubs is vertical and never horizontal ( risk or breathing difficulties) as promoted on the Peanut Shell website.