Thread: **Potentially fatal fault Maxi Cosi Euro car seat**

Exclamation **Potentially fatal fault Maxi Cosi Euro car seat**

Sorry if this is in the wrong place admin I haven't been in for a while.

There is currently a dangerous issue with the Maxi Cosi Euro car seat. They haven't made any public announcement or recall but the issue is very serious and I thought I would to make as many parents that may have this seat aware.

The issue is with the harness. The fabric trim can obstruct the adjuster lever used to loosen and tighten the harness as a result the harness is not locked off after tightening and can loosen off. In an accident this could lead to serious injuries or worse. Please check your seat by tightening the harness then grasping the harness straps and pulling to check they stay tight.

If your harness loosens they have said you can temporarily 'fix' the problem by lifting the trim from the base of the seat under the adjuster lever, pull the adjuster strap out of the hole in the cover and let it hang down under the trim, each time holding the trim up and out of the way when tightening the harness. ITMS I can provide a link to an instructional video via pm if anyone would like one as it is a link to the Maxi Cosi fb page which is a commercial page and not allowed in the forum. (or you can google yourself)

A second issue has also come to light where it appears that the A4 Euro car seat may not actually be certified and the Australian/NZ standard. This means it should not be being sold. The matter is still being looked into but I would be very wary of using the seat until the issue has been cleared up one way or another. (A4 is an extended rear-facing car seat)
    Maxi Cosi have said they will offer refunds regarding the faulty harness/cover issue so this may be an option for anyone not wanting to continue use of the seat.

Default Re: **Potentially fatal fault Maxi Cosi Euro car seat**

If you have a Maxi Cosi Euro check please check your harness or pass the info on if you know someone with his seat.

Default UPDATE Re: ** Potentially fatal fault Maxi Cosi Euro car seat**

There has now been a recall on the Maxi Cosi Euro car seats. If you or anyone you know has one please contact place of purchase or Dorel/Maxi Cosi.
    There has been a recall of the A2 Euro car seat and the A4 Euro car seat.

Official ACCC recall Maxi Cosi Euro A2

ABC News Maxi Cosi/Dorel recall A2 & A4 car seats

Exclamation Re: UPDATE Re: ** Potentially fatal fault Maxi Cosi Euro car seat

Looks like the A4 Euro seat may now be included in the recall for the fault as well not just for the certification issue.

Default Re: UPDATE Re: ** Potentially fatal fault Maxi Cosi Euro car seat

Another seat added to the recall, Maxi Cosi Hera if you have this seat A4 or A2 contact Dorel ASAP and refer to the instructions to keep the cover clear of the adjuster lever.
    The A4 Hera is included as having the certification issue and potentially the harness safety fault as well.